1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Pro X Fade in VCI-100

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by paddydj, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

I actually think you can get the accuracy of CDJs, and quite simply at that. Well...I guess 'quite simply' is a relative term, because I can't do it.

My thought behind it is when you're scratch, you are triggerring 2 commands, right? Deck Scratch On and Deck Scratch. When you stop, you trigger one command: Deck Scratch Off (again...this is my interpretation...if I'm wrong, please let me know). Why not trigger the play command as well?

In TeLLy's case...it sounds like he's used to it. Maybe an option to turn off the ramping (a la the CDJ 800 and 1000 series where you change that percentage - I think exactly like the post you linked us to Paddy) would be sufficient?

2. paddydj

paddydj Forum Member

Yes that's what I thought of, too (workaround with play/pause). I'm trying something...

edit: I guess it won't work. The bad thing about Traktor is that u can't tell him which function it should activate at what velocity. Function on means always velocity 127. Velocity of 0 means function off. So if you could tell Traktor to activate Deck Play at velocity 0 this would work. Because the unit sends H-3 (ch1) @ 0 velocity when you release the platter. If Traktor could react with Deck Play @ velocity of 0, the Track would play instantly.

BTW: The invert option for play/pause doesn't work. Actually this should invert the interpretation of the velocity. Bug! :)

3. corporation

corporation NI Product Owner

eww... i wouldn't touch djdeals with a 10' stick. :)

i'll keep an eye on ebay and turntablelab...

4. paddydj

paddydj Forum Member

Just so you can see it really works! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKSzGvsYwhY"]YouTube - VCI-100 and Pro X Fade[/ame]

5. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

6. corporation

ohhhh. direct from ebsel... i like...

ouch $13 shipping back to the states... i'll keep looking, but keep them in mind. :) thanks!

7. chilly

I bet if you could drop a cue in relation to where you were scratching (it would follow the scratch), and then on release also triggered a Deck Cue/Play event...that could work.

But I dunno about that point following you around.

8. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

Buy me an Innofader for my new mixer. Or go to hell.

9. paddydj

paddydj Forum Member

Setting the cue is possible. But always you touch the platter it will be set somewhere where you don't want it to be. Well, if we had control over velocity settings, this method would work as well.

10. chilly

Oh yeah...I know that....it was a starting point to spur some other ideas! :)

11. thebeatworx

thebeatworx Forum Member

I think because the Numark NS7 (like the Vestax VCI 300) was made specifically for Serato ITCH, the control is much more accurate. I believe it is running on a standard similar to MIDI but at a higher resolution. It still may have lag, but I'd imagine that it'd be significantly less since that hardware was developed hand in hand with the software...

I hope Native Instruments and hardware developers start working together to provide firmware updates for existing controllers to provide the same quality control over Traktor DJ... (Pioneer CDJ 400's can now control Serato as well as th Denon HC4500...)

12. paddydj

paddydj Forum Member

13. corporation

I have successfully mounted a PXF in my VCI thanks to this thread and the guide on djtt.

much better than the stock one...

works perfectly with the vci-100!

14. chill

chill NI Product Owner

did the modification yesterday, it is really simple.
    what i like most about the fader is that you can adjust it very precise.

makes a hugh difference while scratching...

cheers
    chill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.