1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Problem saving and multi disappearing

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by lupusniger, Jun 21, 2016.

1. lupusniger

lupusniger New Member

Hi,
    I've two problem with this program.
    1)When I try to save a multi, I receive the following message "It was not possible to save this file in this location. This might be caused by a variety of reason,including insufficient access right". I'm the ony user of the computer on which kontakt 5 is installed.
    2)When I open kontakt in cubase 5, sometimes all the instrument I've loaded in the project disappear. Not the libraries in the browser, but the ones I've loaded in the "multi" window.
    Thanks to who will answer

2. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

1) Where are you trying to save? It sounds like a permissions problem -- that you are trying to save to a folder in which you don't have permission. Can you try saving the multi to your desktop just as a test, and see if it works?

2) What version of Kontakt are you using? This is a strange problem that shouldn't be occurring. Can you try running some tests? For example, open a blank Cubase project, instantiate Kontakt, load some instruments, save the Cubase file, close the file, reopen it, and see if it opens up properly. We need to figure out if it's happening all the time or only some of the time, and if so, why.

3. lupusniger

lupusniger New Member

Hi,
    thanks for the answer.
    I've opened a new project,loaded some library into the "multi" and saved. In a first moment kontakt 5 has saved, but at certain point it told again it couldn't save.
    About the second problem,it doesn't happen everytime

4. Tim Blake

Tim Blake New Member

I can confirm the second problem he is having. I also am experiencing instrument patches vanishing when I close and reopen a project. Just like the original poster, this does not happen every time. I cannot predict what is causing this other than a memory issue maybe. I would also like help with this issue.

A side note: this has happened in two different DAWs so it is not the DAW causing the problem.

5. iSeeThis

iSeeThis New Member

I’m confirm that I have the same problem. Why world-class software got this big bug ffor so long?

6. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Well-Known Member

It's not a bug if you don't have sufficient user privileges (run Kontakt or your DAW as administrator) and are trying to save the multi to a OS-protected area (such as Program Files folders on Windows).

7. iSeeThis

iSeeThis New Member

Thank you very much EvilDragon. Can I read the full-detail documents somewhere else? I've learnt that I have to save multi as files in a hard way. I have to reproduce the whole project almost from scratch. And I'm here just to ask how to cope with it in the future. At least now I've got some light from you!