1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

problems with cubse sx mixdown

Discussion in 'SPEKTRAL DELAY' started by truman, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. truman

truman Forum Member

ive got very serious problems when rendering a mixdown in cubase sx. when i use spektral delay on an audio track, the result is distorted. it sounds like the well known asio-latency distortion. but the problem only occurs while mixdown, in real time (when played back within cubase) it sounds as it should. the problem could be caused by my dual processor too (had similar results before upgrading to the newest version, sd 1.0 was not dual processor compatible).
    anyone knows what to do???

2. Arm

Arm New Member

3. truman

truman Forum Member

thanks for your reply, and sorry if i wasnt clear:
    i already updated my version of spectral delay (to 1.5.2). i also made sure cubase uses the correct dll (even in cubase it is 1.5.2). before i updated, spektral delay didnt run correctly in standalone (no graphics, distortion) and didnt run in cubase. after the update, it runs well in standalone and within cubase. the only problem is (as described above) while mixdown. and it is definitely spektral delay, cause when i use another effect, syhnth, or whatever, the problem doesnt occur. it is not my system too, cause its overpowered, even with only 15% cpu load spektral delay distorts. (by the way: when i render spektral delay to the single audio track, then mixdown, it works...)

(or did you mean to update cubase? im on sx 1.06)

thanks....

4. Arm

Arm New Member

I don't know if spektral is dual processor compatible. It could not be. Also, you could see about os 9 and os X.

I am not a pro about this things, but I try to help.

Spektral seems stable with a "good" setting of its audio buffer / asio driver.
    Page 17 of the manual says:
    "Important; Since the [Spektral] uses the content of the audio buffer in a special way, it is strongly reccomended that you set the buffer size in the generally to a power of two to get the best performance with [spektral] (for istance 256, 512, 1024 ...)."

It seems to me that this choice also depends from the asio buffer setting. So if you change asio buffer you could get another kind of buffer choice in spektral. But this is true with some kind of asio and not with other.

You could try with several setting.

I hope this could help you, unfortunately it's hard to see a reply from native in this forum.

Salvatore

5. truman

truman Forum Member

thanks for helping, arm. but unfortunately it didnt help...

and thats what i REALLY cant understand: in realtime it works perfectly (standalone & vst), but not for mixdown. the other way i (maybe) could understand, but this way im at the end of my latin (german!).

but again: thanks for helping, cause from ni nobody seems to care...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.