1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE
NOTICE:

Our Traktor Pro Public Beta is available again in our new online community. Join us if you want to try new features.

MORE INFO

New Probook 14" with Monterey. Beatport link Window blocks traktor

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MarkLeFunk, Nov 2, 2021.

1. MarkLeFunk

MarkLeFunk New Member

I'm working with a new Macbook Pro 14" with Monterey 12.0.1.
    I've just installed Traktor 3 (beta version) 3.5.2.285 but the issues persists .
    Beatport link window at the begining blocks Traktor and I cannot work with it.
    Maybe crash the application

Please, any solution?

2. Allan @ NI

Allan @ NI New Member

Hey MarkLeFunk,

Could you help us with some details on your Macbook is it the M1 Pro or the M1 Max? Would it also be possible for you to provide us with a video of the problem so we can investigate more?
    Thank you.

Regards,
    Allan

3. MarkLeFunk

MarkLeFunk New Member

This is an image that describes The issue 1351B81F-24B0-4EAD-A553-33891C459753.jpeg 1351B81F-24B0-4EAD-A553-33891C459753.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. nova

nova New Member

5. MarkLeFunk

MarkLeFunk New Member

Yes mine chip is M1 pro as well

6. nova

nova New Member

wheel keeps spinning and no getting past this screen shot you posted....bummed out was lookin fwd to jammin as soon as i got this fired up

7. Terrordisco

Terrordisco NI Product Owner

On big sur and original M1, I had a problem with the beatport thing. I reverted to an earlier version, I think, the release before the Beatport Link adition. I've also used the Beta.

Link is very expensive and kind of underwhelming, to be honest, so you're not missing much. I'm waiting for a real streaming service like Tidal to come along, Beatport costs way too much for the limited selection it offers.

I'm not sure this will work on Monterey, but it's worth a shot.

8. Jonas C @ NI

Jonas C @ NI NI Team NI Team

In your .tsi file in Traktor 3.5.2 document folder, you can change this line :
    <Entry Name=“Streaming.Beatport.DontShowDialog” Type=“0" Value=“0”></Entry>
    to
    <Entry Name=“Streaming.Beatport.DontShowDialog” Type=“0" Value=“1”></Entry>

Basically, it's gonna ask to Traktor to not show the Beatport dialog on start. Let's see if you can then use Traktor normally.

9. Allan @ NI

Allan @ NI New Member

Maybe to add some more context for anyone who might not be really familiar with the settings file. You need a text editor to open the .tsi file clicking the file will open Traktor. You can use notepad to open the file.

The file is under documents->native instruments->Traktor 3.5.2

You can find the line that should be changed on line 412. The easiest way is just to Control+F "Streaming.Beatport.DontShowDialog".

Please let us know if this temporary solution works.

10. MarkLeFunk

MarkLeFunk New Member

Hey People!!
    This is great!!!!!. It works now!!!. The solution is gold!!!
    Thank you Jonas C @ NI and Allan @ NI

After close the beatporLink, TRaktor still not working fine. It seems freezing when I go to the audio options. it's necesary to enforce the closing application.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  11. Allan @ NI

Allan @ NI New Member

Does it freeze when you open the preferences?

12. MarkLeFunk

MarkLeFunk New Member

Yes I think so. I try to press play button but doesn't work and when I open preferences traktor freezes.

13. Allan @ NI

Allan @ NI New Member

could you please send us a video of everything from when you start up Traktor?

14. DJ-Andre

DJ-Andre NI Product Owner

I have had the same issue. In my situation it was related to the Pioneer DDJ-SZ mapping. The preferences windows is always freezing the application for about 30 seconds. As long as you don't open the preferences window, Traktor is normally usable.

15. nova

nova New Member

i Downloaded the latest 3.5.2 but im having a hard time locating this tsi file . Its not in my documentation folder. can you please make a video explaining this . I have 2 or 3 traktor folders ive looked thru including older ones but i cant find the 3.5.2 tsi file
    im having same problem where it gets stuck at beatport link screen on startup

16. Allan @ NI

Allan @ NI New Member

Hello guys,
    Can you please try to disable multi core processing this is under preferences->audio setup at the bottom

17. Djamaste

Djamaste New Member

Thanks for all this. It worked.
    I'm on a 2021 Macbook Pro 16" M1 Max.
    I needed to make the change to the tsi file (make sure you're changing the tsi realted to the latest version you've installed, 3.5.2) and I also needed to disable multi-core processing, to stop the freezing. Good to be back up!

• Like Like x 1
  18. cazco

cazco New Member

For those who have used the TSI edit/"disable multicore processing solution" is it reliable? I have heard people are still getting crashes after doing this. Just trying to work out whether I should use my 2015 laptop for a gig rather than my new MacBook M1 Max which keeps hanging on the "continue without link" and editing as suggested. Many thanks

19. c0nsul

c0nsul NI Product Owner

Take your old computer to the gig!
    Traktor runs solid on my 2013 MacbookPro with Catalina.
    On my new 2021 MacBookPro with Monterey, Traktor performs unpredictable. Although (or maybe because?), I disabled multi core processing.

Guess we have to wait until these issues are fixed.. :(