1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Processor overload! Help please x

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by Kazerne1988, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Kazerne1988

Kazerne1988 NI Product Owner

Hello everyone, hope you all are healthy and safe!

Currently I am working on a HP laptop intel core i7-9750H 2,6 GHz (max. 4,5 GHz), 16 GB ram.
    Ableton Live 10 Suite, sample rate 44100, buffer size 512
    While making patches with Blocks in Reaktor 6.3 I get this error message saying :

Processor overload!
    Audio processing has been stopped!
    The program cannot reduce the number of voices further and your computer
    cannot generate this number of voices at the given sample rate.
    Please reduce the sample rate or the complexity of the ensemble and restart audio processing.

Any help or advice on this please ? I thought my laptop should not have any trouble processing this sounds...

Ps: can share patch if needed

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

The base clock of your laptop is quite low. Make sure you're always on High Performance power profile and plugged in. You might also need to find a way to constantly run your CPU at the turbo clock speed, there are tools for this that you can try out.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

4. colB

colB NI Product Owner

If you posted pic of the type of Blocks ensemble that's causing your problem that would make it a lot easier to help.

Fwiw, note that using multiple instances of the same Block can be particularly problematic for some systems. Not so much for the simpler stuff like bento collection, but e.g. the west coast complex oscillator can bring a system to its knees with too many instances.
    As you add more instances of heavy duty blocks, the cpu load tends to increase exponentially!
    This seems to be, at least in part, a Reaktor specific issue.

• Informative Informative x 1