1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Propellerhead Recycle

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Thursdaynite, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Thursdaynite

Thursdaynite NI Product Owner

Does anyone have experience using Maschine WAV files in Recycle? I sample into MAschine and create the WAV file, but if I try to load the file in Recycle I get a "file corrupt or unknown" error. I can play the WAV in itunes and I can work around it by converting it to AIFF and then importing it into Recycle, but I hate the extra steps and just wonder if anyone has any experience with what might be wrong. Thanks!

2. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Are they 32-bit wavs?

3. Thursdaynite

Yup, that's more than likely it. What setting am I missing in Maschine to make sure my samples are recorded at 16 or 24 bit? Thanks for the response!

4. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Check the settings in the Export Audio dialog, though if you haven't changed these, it's probably not the issue, as the default isn't 32-bit...

If it's not that, can you share a wav file that you have this issue with?

5. Thursdaynite

I think I figured it out. For some reason, the samples are being recorded at 32 bit so if I look in the samples folder, all of my samples are at 32 bit. If I actually play a sample to track and then export the sound, I can export at 16 bit and have no problems with Recycle. So I guess the question now is if there's a way to record at 16 bit to begin with or does the Maschine just sample at 32 bit and I have to suck it up? I can't find a setting for this.

6. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

It seems so. I was thinking that the settings in the Export Audio dialog also affected how samples are recorded, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Unless it used to work that way, don't know where I've got that from and don't know that you can change the specs of recorded files... Hmm...

7. Et_Voila

Et_Voila NI Product Owner

...had this issue too...
    Thanks for posting.
    Just tested: Here, I can now open .wav files exported from NI's soft, if they are 16 bit, but it also works with 24bits.
    I looked around quickly, it doesn't seem I have any rex files that are 32 bits...