properly installing s2 soundcard?

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S4' started by rhenze74, Jun 24, 2012.

1. rhenze74

rhenze74 New Member

Hey guys,

Bare with me here, sorry if any of this is noobish (the s2 is my first controller) but i got it in the mail a couple days ago and i cant seem to get the s2's soundcard working, or even to be recognized as an option. i followed all of the installation instructions exactly as they were laid out and selected traktor s2 in the installation process when asked what drivers i needed. when i connect the s2 and power it on windows tells me that it needs to install the S2's drivers (see screenshot). obviously if i try to have windows automatically locate and install the drivers it can't find them (worth a try), and when selecting the s2 drivers i downloaded from NI website to install manually (through windows driver installer) i also receive an error message. i also tried to install the drivers just by running file itself and received an error that it "could not access network location \Native Instruments\Installer Log." that is what screenshot 2 is. because i cannot seem to use the soundcard in my s2 i cannot cue up any music which is quite bothersome for obvious reasons... the third screenshot is the audio setup in traktor, showing that i do not have an option to select the s2's soundcard.

I am able to do everything else with the s2 that it should be able to do, except i cannot cue anything. the usb light on the controller always flashes, and never stays solid. i think it is also worth noting that at one point before i had purchased the s2 i had a demo version of traktor, but as far as i know i deleted and uninstalled anything that had to do with traktor or native instruments before reinstalling. ive also tried uninstalling and reinstalling traktor pro multiple times with the same results each time

Is the solution to my problem right in front of my face? is there something im doing wrong or missing here? or is something screwy actually going on here?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

The problem is that you plugged the S2 in before you installed the drivers & software. Disconnect the unit and uninstall all the NI drivers etc. Then install everything again before plugging in the unit.

3. rhenze74

rhenze74 New Member

ive done this a few times already, i reinstall the software then restart my computer before plugging in the unit. i'll try again. should i plug it in before or after starting the traktor software?
    ---
    i tried this again and got the same results. is it possible im not deleting or uninstalling something before reinstalling that could be the problem? ive deleted and uninstalled everything i could find that had traktor or native instruments in it. is it possible that i have a faulty unit?

4. houseproject

houseproject New Member

im just wondering why you havnt installed the drivers from the cdrom that comes with the s2. You shouldnt be getting messages on where to look for drivers if you have the installation cd...they are on it. send an email to native instruments tech support, i have installed a few controllers (with installation cd) and never had this problem. Also you dont mention what specs you have on your computer

5. rhenze74

rhenze74 New Member

i didnt receive any cdrom just activation codes. i have vista and i did email tech support and they think vista is the problem and ive tried everything theyve told me to do with no luck

6. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

Try uninstalling your S2 from Device Manager while it's plugged in, being sure to check the 'Delete Driver Software' during the uninstall.
    Then unplug your S2, reboot, redownload drivers and maybe store them somewhere else on your PC, install drivers without the S2 connected and see if it works.

7. rhenze74

rhenze74 New Member

when uninstalling i had no option to 'delete driver software.' i followed everything else anyway but had no luck

8. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

Have you tried installing the S2 drivers through the Traktor installation, or tried the other version of the S2 driver available on the Driver Downloads page?

If you have other soundcards available, choosing one that works should allow you to at least use the S2 properly (cueing) until you can figure out what's wrong.

Here's a thread on a similar problem, you could try out some of the solutions that worked for them
    http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135651

9. rhenze74

rhenze74 New Member

hey thanks anyways for the help. i tried everything and nothing worked. eventually my comp crapped out and wouldnt even boot, and i just finally got a new laptop today. traktors working fine. :D