1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Public beta confirmed- read this

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by pawcut, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Mahogany

Mr Mahogany NI Product Owner

I spent $600 on Maschine after going to a demo that Josh(the guy in the official video) did at a store in San Francisco. I also read about the product and visited the NI website before I pruchased last March. At that time I was pretty clear that Maschine would not directly output midi to make it completely useful in a daw but NI said an update would arrive shortly to make this happen. Five months later no update but the promise of a public betea which is also missing in action.

If Maschine is working well for you why don,t you stop bitching at people who simply want to get "lost in the workfow" as advertised. Stop trying to blame the customer and go get "lost"

2. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Ah- calm down here, people. Any more of this and I'll lock the thread. Understood?

ew

3. spielor2

spielor2 NI Product Owner

for sure. :D

4. vinceprice

vinceprice NI Product Owner

Dude we are just venting you can't get mad at that. That is what I'm talking about... Instead of trying to defuse the situation by locking the forum. Why not give us a clear understanding as of what is going on. You ain't gotta give us a date. But how about they are near completion. How bout an apology from NI. How about some customer service? I was told by a wise man when things aren't right you should complain about it until it is. And it's funny how another dude from the Bay Area utterly got what I was saying (Mr. Mahogany). It would be really cool of NI to actually have one of the people working on the update to log on here and say something in a thread.

5. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Ah- no; you're missing the point. Talk about Maschine all you want, and what you want, etc. However, when people start bitching at each other because of different viewpoints, that's where I step in. You can disagree all you want, but be polite about it.

I'd advise all of you to read the forum rules...
    ew

6. galaxydefender

galaxydefender New Member

from reading this - i can only see 1 user here - Jessem - here going out of line, not the thread or multiple users. everyone else was pretty much in agreement.
    ..the question remains - NI - when are you going to answer to these questions - i think what scares most is "silence" - not a little extra wait. i think an official calming statement by an NI official is well needed today or the next business day to comfort their clients who paid them.

7. flux302

flux302 NI Product Owner

i kinda felt like i got the calming statement in the form of the questionnaire that was sent out.... don't be mad at me. i'm used to an actual mpc so 4 months for an update is a joke to me. try 3 or 6 years lol.
    i'm also a logic user. and we all know how long it took to get flex time. (and now i have to pay for that crap!)
    but i agree more official statements would be great especially considering this year NI stated they were really devoting to their web site.

8. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

That's called your basic customer service. You don't have to give your customers a good answer but you should at least acknowledge the issue and reassure your customers that you are on it. People re willing to be more patient if they know that something anything is being done. The only way we know that is by the amount of information the devs actually give us., otherwise we feel neglected and trust me, I feel neglected as an early adopter.
    ---
    Actually Maschine was officially released in March (some like me got it mid-february). It was announced in January at Winter NAMM I think, but it wasn't released until a few weeks later. There have been two updates so far (though I don't think 1.02 counts since 10 was practically useless).

You are right it has been 4 months without any updates, bug fixes, soundpacks, nothing. Considering that a very similar product BPM was released at the same time and has had more updates and features added from its release until now, that's inexcusable for a new product. Especially if they wanted to keep the momentum and word of mouth going on the product which was generally positive until user interest (and I include myself) started to sour after no updates, no bug fixes, no soundpacks, nothing.

I'm fairly happy with Maschine, its great, My gripe is that there are issues that need to be resolved, I'm talking bugs, not features, that have not been resolved. This is typical NI, something I didn't realize until recently because I came to use their product fairly late in the development of some of their plugins (Komplete 4, 5) However I noticed this with Kore 1, and saw what they did with Kore 2. I still find it underhanded and damn near incompetent. Due to scarcity of information and the rather anemic feature list after 4 months (compared to BPM, that is) I 'm extremely worried that we are looking at another Kore 1/2 situation. I'll jump ship before they pull that **** again.

9. jessem

jessem Forum Member

You are posting in a public beta thread, but there is also this. Maybe you need a webcam in their office?
    http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80682
    ---
    I kind of thought the same thing but will most likely be happy with maschine for awhile when midi out arrives. I still have great fun with it now, but like most people want the full package. There are other features that would be nice but even still I feel the overall product is a steal of the deal.

I'm not entirely worried about the wait, NI has a pretty diverse product line and it hasn't been that long in software terms, I would not be surprised if they come out with a newer version and fresh hardware in 1.5 - 2 years but isn't that par for the course? Akai came out with the 612, 700 and 900 samplers within 3 years of each other.

10. dopebeat

dopebeat NI Product Owner

So, where is my 1.1 public beta they promised? "in few weeks"

11. jessem

jessem Forum Member

It's been just over two weeks.

12. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Ah no- I found Mr Mahogany getting out of line with his response as well. Or, if someone's opinion agrees with yours, it's not out of line, perhaps?
    The project manager has told Phil and I that he'll make a statement on the forum once the public beta begins. Stay tuned...

ew

13. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

I think NI are good at communication in general. They already listed the new features that are comming and announced a public beta. Of course it must get to decent stability before releasing the public beta.

I don't think 3-4 months is too long if it is done right but it's getting to the end of that and time for the update. Especially since Maschine was rushed out with so many basic things missing.

My only beef with the communication is that the new midi out feature is rumored to be crippled. There was no one from NI to confirm or dismiss this. This is a big issue because midi with no mod wheel, sustain, pitch, or CC support is unusable. This would qualify the announcement of midi out as bait and switch to quiet the users and make more sales based on a feature that really isn't coming.

14. jessem

jessem Forum Member

Where did you hear this? No where "official" i'd assume. We'll have to wait and see, but in the mean time how did you get a modwheel on your controller?

15. dopebeat

They announced it on Aug 6th so it's already 20days passed
    and that's almost 3 weeks (do we call a month=a few weeks?)
    so, i m hoping NI release the beta in few days

and i m not going to sell it back to ebay or craigslist.
    since i found out maschine is really great product still.

i just want to have basic funtions that missing like retrigger, midi drag and drop
    to use with ableton
    (midi outputs will be great addition but that's not even on my list now)

i went to 3 music stores to demo it
    2 stores didn't have it back then
    and 1 store had only standalone demo setup

anyway,

The squeaking wheel gets the grease.

don't get me wrong thou

16. jessem

jessem Forum Member

oh, I saw aug 10th in the beginning of this thread, but regardless I hope it comes soon too :)

17. Reason

Reason Forum Member

Sooner...later...who cares? Really.
    I get it, and it upsets me too, but really..it's not worth so much gripe. Hell, I used version 1.0 for months until I finally checked for updates, 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 were released before I even knew it. Point is, just because it, at the moment, is missing a couple key elements, that doesn't take away from the magic of it. There a plenty of MIDI pad controllers that cost near this much and offer fractions of the seamless integration and hands-on activity you get with Maschine. I think there are many areas fit for improvement, but I'm patient because I'm sure that NI sees it too.

You have to think of it like this:

First, he used the very open term "a few weeks"...never promised anything, and certainly never gave an exact number of weeks.

Second, they were working on a 1.1 update, now they have to work on finishing the 1.1 Public Beta before finishing the final 1.1 update, in essence, adding to the total amount of time it will take to release both versions.

Everyone asked for a public beta, got it, still cry. Does anythign make people happy anymore?

Patience is a virtue.

18. dopebeat

agreed...maybe i was too excited....
    i will try to calm down little bit...
    but i don't know that's gonna work for me

still hoping NI come up with something asap

19. Mr Mahogany

Mr Mahogany NI Product Owner

When it comes to being "patient" for the update I really think it depends on how you work. I'm willing to wager my Maschine that those to aren't worried about an update are working in stand alone mode either with Maschine as their main sequencer or as a DJ sync'd to other music. Maschine probably also works well controlling Abelton. I'd be surprised to know of anyone working with Maschine integrated into a daw like Cubase of Logic that isn't checking for an update twice daily. I got Maschine because I wan't to get away from heavily quantised beats and use as much pad generated rythm as possible. I was happy with Stylus for straight beats. As long as Maschine is locked to its kindergarten sequencer this is not possible. You can't even tell where your beats are timing wise. Maschine with Cubase works but is so daunting a proposition its almost not worth it. All spontenaity is cut out as you fumble with scenes and program changes to get a beat arranged correctly.

Until you can bypass the sequencer and record midi in a daw you can't "get lost in the flow" or at least I can't. NI is still advising magazine reviewers that an update is imminent they've been getting positive reviews based on coming improvements. How many would they sell to daw users if they new integrration was coming when they felt like it and you'll be updated when we get around to it or your guess is as good as mine.

If any of you are tired of people griping just allow yourself to think of all the ways that people work. They're all valid. Maybe try seeing things from another point of view before attacking or getting sarcastic. NI sold Maschine as having "soon to come" solid daw integration That was back in April for me. The beta has been out long enough for testers to post comments on you tube. I'm just saying its time to deliver.

20. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

what comments are you talking about?

sowari

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.