pulswerk

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by spencerday, Apr 24, 2013.

1. spencerday

spencerday NI Product Owner

damn you ni looks like im gonna have to buy another expansion ;)

anyone picked this up yet ?

as good as dark pressure ?

2. Adzix

Adzix NI Product Owner

I haven't picked it up, at least not yet.
    Going to wait for some opinions.
    30 kits is a nice ammount.
    And i love the fact that there are new multi-fx kits.
    What i really do not like is that all the pad/synth stuff you get seems to be Massive patches. I'd rather have some unique and new pads or keys, sampled from vintage gear or whatever fits.
    Oh and would someone enlighten me and tell me what exactly Special Kits are? A collection of one shot sounds that aren't really drum kits or is that something you can use in a melodical approach?

edit:
    Its 20 Special Kits come with custom patterns using chords, bleeps, glitches, drones, pads, and other pitched sound sources to deliver tight, pulsing sounds that cut through a mix with scalpel-like precision.

Still. Part of my question remains: can you actually really use these sounds and tweak and play them to your liking? Because if it's all chords or one-shot pads the range to do something else with it seems rather limited.
    But i really like the sound examples, some cool stuff going on there.

3. puzzlefactory

puzzlefactory NI Product Owner

Having pads and synth sounds as Massive patches is a lot more versatile. You'll have a lot more control over the sound than you would with a sample.

This pack looks pretty interesting. I'm not really into this style of music but the after listening to the demo tracks, I think I could use the samples and patches in my own style of music. I do have a voucher from buying the Komplete update so I might use it on this. I've go another couple of months until it runs out, I wonder if they will release another pack before then?

It is a shame that NI seem to be stuck in a House/Hip Hop cycle with the expansion packs. Maybe holding out for the next pack won't be such a good idea as it will more than likely be another hip hop pack.

4. Ricky Woofer

Ricky Woofer Account Suspended

My Evoucher is not valid it sais when i try to redeem it so i cant redeem it :(

5. DerKarsten

DerKarsten Forum Member

Hmmmm not my thing. It all sounds the same to me. There are 2 or 3 nice sounds but that's not worth the whole pack. Hoping for another innovative pack that brings something new to the table.

6. spencerday

spencerday NI Product Owner

new packs often have issues with evouchers , probably will be sorted out soon

i am liking what im hearing and also love the fact that maschine packs are so much more flexible with massive patches incorporated

looks like were onto a winner :)

7. FastGraph

FastGraph NI Product Owner

Another dime a dozen...

8. djwaxxy

djwaxxy NI Product Owner

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLLY..:(

they seem to have ran out of steam producing expansions other than glitch or hiphop..I may buy it as a last resort once they do the sales and its cheap enough but theres nothing that makes me want to buy it.

they need to start diversifying there packs ..why don't they do a maschine expansion containing drum/percussion sounds from damage/evolve im sure that would be a cheap pack for ni to produce as the sounds are already there all they need to is organise them to be instantly playable via maschine.

or they could do a trance or old school Detroit techno/old school house ,rave pack.

or they could release budget packs with sounds from kore ..id buy the india,paranormal,true strike packs straight away if they did that..those sounds were brilliant and you cant get them anywere now :(

come on ni start creating packs for a wider audience that have more exciting sounds
    ---
    that happens with every pack just try again tomorrow and itll recognise it.

9. kolta

kolta NI Product Owner

It's going to sound great for some techno man's :) me in .

10. hi-d-ho-man

hi-d-ho-man NI Product Owner

I'm not familiar with minimal, but those guys did a great job with Transistor Punch & Transistor Rhythm and anytime there are MFX I'm all in. I notice they're putting fewer and fewer Sound patches in these packs. This one has zero

11. Ricky Woofer

Ricky Woofer Account Suspended

Made a quik video demonstration about it, check the forum :)

12. woske

woske Account Suspended

whilst this may not have such great sounds and its actually not really true to what minimal is...

this is actually a good pack released by NI...

now why I say this is because of the size...

604,5 MB (unzipped 697,9 MB)

this is good... most of the packs NI have released lately are like 250MB...

I think the biggest pack they last released was Platinum bounce around the 900MB mark...

I just find them too expensive... you can buy a pack off loopmasters for around the same price that goes into the 2GB mark...

Everyone who is requesting other genre specific packs or certain themes. Yes BRING IT ON NI! the hiphop house thing is getting old now...

13. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

i really like this! it is beautifully programmed and the choice of sounds is superb! one of my favourite Maschine Expansion Packs without a doubt.

sowari

14. rastAsia

rastAsia New Member

Got it this morning.. but after installing Pulswerk, I don't see it on the Maschine Bank as I'd normally would after installing other Expansion Packs. Anybody got a clue where it's hiding in?

Re-scanning Library and Plug-Ins from database now..

15. Moffit

Moffit NI Product Owner

Just downloaded myself...sounds nice and is right up my street :)

16. kolta

kolta NI Product Owner

Great sounds , great Kits , i am making some techno , minimal minimal house .
    the sounds and the kits you give us here are really beautifull this is just the best extension that i could wait .
    even better than what i was expecting .

Thanks NI and the creators for This great surprise :)

17. Moffit

Moffit NI Product Owner

Mmm yes me 2 having same issue ? pulswerk does not show in sounds (Orange icon) ? is this right ?
    ---
    Maybe just relaised i think its the new uploader so only works till u get code from NI then hopefully rest will show

18. rastAsia

rastAsia New Member

Got the Code, but still having issue trying to get the Project Songs, Instruments, Kits, FX and Massive Samples to show up in the browser Banks. Do let me know if you find a solution?

Triggering it from source folder seems to do it. But that'd be tedious to click on every single one. And should not be the case upon install.

19. blacker

blacker NI Product Owner

Bought it yesterday - sounds great IMHO. Right up my alley, sounds-wise. The special kits are great, too - with some tweaking you can get some pretty sweet results. I bought Dark Pressure with the voucher I got when I bought Maschine, and to be honest I found that one a bit disappointing.

Personally, I'd rather have more kits and single hit samples to construct kits with, rather than synth presets. But perhaps that's just me.

20. Moffit

Moffit NI Product Owner

Yes sure mate will let you know...i open up Service center and is asking for codes but the way the uploader went throught the process i thought it had done it for me but no ? so im still waiting for email from NI with Code:angry:
    ---
    But still do no understand why Pulswerk does not show in the bank in the sounds section ? even without the code its there in groups, fx,sample etc...can someone who has the Pulswerk confirm if it shows in the sounds (orange icon) bank ? im sure it should do ?