1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Putting Sonic Implants CSC into the "Libraries" tab in Kontakt 5

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by KeithR, Jul 25, 2013.

1. KeithR

KeithR New Member

Hello,

I recently upgraded from Kontakt 3.5 to Kontakt 5. I'm using the Sonic Implants Complete Symphonic Collection. It's a fairly old library, originally made for Kontakt 2. I've been able to use it successfully in K5 and have put it into the quick load list at the bottom, which is handy.

In K3.5, I used to have my Sonic Implants library display under the "Libraries" tab in Kontakt. However, in K5, it doesn't display in the libraries tab. I tried clicking "Add library" but it doesn't work; it says "no libraries found" when I navigate to the folder.

I'd like to add it to the libraries list, because I think it will help it when I try to load my old projects. Right now, I often get the message that it can't find my samples because they're not in the location which starts with [LIBRARIES]>Sonic Implants Complete Symphonic Collection>etc... in which case I have to manually remap the samples.

How can I add it to "Libraries"?

thank you,
    Keith

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Well-Known Member

If "Add Library" doesn't work that's very peculiar...

3. DarkStar

DarkStar NI Product Owner

Won't it need a ...info.nkx file in order for the Library to be recognised and the graphics panel to be displayed?

4. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

It won't. Adding it the Libraries tab is only a convenience extended to Kontakt Player libraries but has nothing to do with their internal paths.

Use Batch Resave to fix this for good.

5. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Well-Known Member

Depends. Kontakt 2 libraries used a different structure (.NKS monoliths) without _info.nkx files, and CSC is from that era.

6. alextone

alextone New Member

Keith, i have this library too, which contains kontakt V 2,3,and 4 instruments. I've just installed the K5 player, which sees my CSC as "demo" files, and they time out, which is extremely aggravating. How did you authorize the CSC libs? I've had no answer from sonivox so far. (I just need somewhere to put the serial number i guess)

Alex.

7. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

I believe the CSC instruments are not Kontakt Player libraries. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) You are receiving the demo message because you haven't authorized the full version of Kontakt.

8. alextone

alextone New Member

David, thanks. I wondered if this was the case. My new K5 full version arrives Friday (hopefully), so i'll wait until then and try again.

Alex.