1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Qbert compares Traktor and Serato

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by ekwipt, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LarsStudio

LarsStudio NI Product Owner

This and a wicked update before summer
    and Traktor a lead.

2. fella

fella NI Product Owner

We want carbon, carbon and carbon.

3. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

I'm just glad they actually listened and took the advice. Just waiting for the vinyl to become available now.

4. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

What advice? Do you have a hotline quartz?
    I think we need to do a Desolat on this edition fellas.

Heads up to all, as soon as these are available... Us guys should get first shout yeah?
    We pretty much cornered the Desolat we can do it with these.

5. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

To make a long story short, before Serato pressings even existed. The 'hybrid' timecode vinyl idea was discussed since Traktor Scratch 1 was being tested.

So I'm just glad to see that Q-Bert is on board because now we'll have some wicked timecode vinyl with good scratch samples on them as well.

6. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

I'm buying 4 of these. I'll even join QSU to get them. I need these. NOW.

I wonder how many new users we'll see on here who sold their SSL setups to get TSD/TSP based solely on the vid.

7. Karlos Santos

8 Million.

EDIT:

You know im starting to think that this video was just a marketing viral for the new Thudrumble timecode vinyl..?

Thoughts? Surely Q is above that kinds shenanigans ?

8. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

He's a businessman as well as an artist. And you KNOW there's an ulterior motive. That notwithstanding, people take this guy's word as gospel. If tomorrow Q said "I will only use Vestax PDX-3000 from now on", I'd have a house full of Tech12s bought for $100 on Craigslist inside of a month.

The fact is, he said online that he prefers Traktor ever so slightly. I'm betting that no matter the reason, people will take that to heart and there will be a rush to the music stores to pick up copies, giving NI a much needed boost in market share.

9. Karlos Santos

Yeah maybe. Either way Thudrumble will sell more timecode and NI will sell more DVS.

Of course people are now saying that they expect Q to appear in the next NI YouTube advert.
    Oh man, if Q is the face behind the next big version of Traktor (2.0?) that would be a huge weapon over SSL 2.0

Im just not convinced that he wants to take up such an obviously divisive position within the DVS world. Yeah hes a business man but i think hes a bit passed the point of having the grief in his life. He strikes me as pretty comfy with his lot in life.

10. JD76

JD76 Forum Member

If he wanted to have a Serato pressing, he couldve easily walked in and gotten one from Serato.

11. Karlos Santos

I don't know what that means in context dude?

12. shadow23

shadow23 NI Product Owner

Traktor Scratch Pro....

I'm definitely loving Traktor. I have tried the Serato SL3 with my RMP3 and it doesn't have native support for it so I ended up returning it.

13. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

let me say it like this: HA-HA!

qbert loving traktor. how good can things become? :D

oh and the thread in the ssl board is hilarious...

14. LarsStudio

Traktor Wins.

15. RockyD

RockyD NI Product Owner

Yes please.

16. ALEX TRASK

ALEX TRASK New Member

qbert is playing with serato sl1......serato sl1 has a lot of bugs and terrible sound..but the new serato sl3 is just fantastic!

17. LarsStudio

The industry standard, the most stable DVS in the world, having bugs and terrible sound? Some people go to lenghts to get their points across

18. DiscoNova

DiscoNova NI Product Owner

Well, so far is true that compared to almost anything with decent sound, SL1 does sound bloody awful. Even many of Serato fanboys these days admit that (though for some reason, most of them didn't before SL3 was released:)

As for bugs... well, SSL has had it's fair share of bugs (*cough* remember initial 1.9 -releases *cough*). However - because the software is overly simplistic, fixing the bugs that appear generally happen with quite a tight schedule.

19. LarsStudio

Exactly. And it is not like SL3 was a free update, not even a discount was offered as far as I know. Most people still use SL1 and we all know the software is useless withoutout the box.

20. trat

trat Forum Member

Not really true. How could SL3 (which was a hardware upgrade) be a free update? Why should Serato offer a discount on SL3 anyway? Was SL1 broken? Did Serato have to make up for something? NI only offered this because previous hardware / software was malicious. Otherwise they shouldn't need to offer a discount. For what? The product sells itself and is fully functional? And the SSL software isn't useless without the box AT ALL. I installed the SSL software on my Mac Pro and do all the overview building on that. Than I plug in the external drive in my MBP and this goes with me on the road.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.