1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Qbert compares Traktor and Serato

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by ekwipt, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Was it? Care to explain..?

2. shadow23

shadow23 NI Product Owner

The SSL works without the box for you but for me SSL is useless without the box. I don't have a mac and I'm sure as hell can't use SSL without the box if
    I wanna listen to tracks! With TSP I can still use it without the box.I can still listen to my tracks and do a internal mix. I like to see that in SSL 2.0 What's a MBP?

3. trat

trat Forum Member

What? You can just go download the SSL software right now from Serato's website and install it and use it to manage your library i.e. listen / preview tracks. I use it on my Mac Pro and it has never ever had the SL1 box connected to it.

There is nothing to see in SSL 2.0 about it. It just works; they also advertise that functionality.
    ---
    Did you forget the trade-in deals from e.g. TFS 1.5 -> TFS 2 hardware? I can tell you I will ALWAYS remember that...

4. shadow23

shadow23 NI Product Owner

Well good for you but it doesn't work on my laptop (Win7). I tried a couple of times. When the box is not connected to my laptop and I click on SSL 2.0 the application starts but there's no virtual decks and I see a yellow flashing triangle and beside it it says missing hardware or something along those lines. But as soon as I connect the box and start SSL 2.0 it starts and you can see the virtual decks.

So yes SSL 2.0 without the box is useless as tits on a bull for me. I can't even use Atomix Virtual DJ with the Serato soundcard. At least with Audio 2/4/8 DJ soundcard I can use Atomix Virtual DJ as a second option. Not to mention my decks are not supported by SSL 2.0. It was so annoying because I know that Serato has been around for so long and for a very good reason because they are excellent! And one would think that they would have to have the biggest support for all kinds of decks being the industry standard that they are.

But NO! I paid nearly $900AUD for the SL3 system to find out after taking it home and installing everything that my decks are not supported. Even if I use timecode cds there's a little lag when you are scrolling through tracks and just a simple cut using the platter when I'm mixing and there's the lag again.

Yeah I get it now Serato is aim towards turntablists rather than cdjs or MIDI controllers/cdplayers. But for me Traktor is the best because I can use all kinds of decks (especially mine) and it works just as well as Serato when you use turntables.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.