1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Quantize function worse in Pro 3

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by typo_kign, Oct 24, 2018.

1. typo_kign

typo_kign New Member

I noticed this when I was beginning to re-record a mix I had recently completed in Pro 2. The beats begin to fall slightly out of sync when jumping to different cue points while two tracks are playing at the same time. Sometimes they sync back up perfectly on the next beat, sometimes they stay apart, but in each case the result is quite noticeable. I ran a comparison in Pro 2 with the same two tracks and the same cue jumping, and the problem was- as before- non existent in Pro 2.

Is there any reason why something like this function would have changed in the new version? Has anyone experienced the same thing? I came aboard Pro 3 because I pitch pretty hard and the new time stretching features reportedly improve the sound quality, but I see no point if the music doesn't sync up as pristinely as it used to.

Snap and Quantize enabled, both decks synced up to the master clock.

• Like Like x 2
  2. typo_kign

typo_kign New Member

Gonna bump this. This is actually a serious problem, because it undermines any other reason I may have had to upgrade from pro 2.

3. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

Just curious, what are your computer specifications?
    Mac? Windows? Versions?
    I haven't got Tp3 yet.

• Like Like x 1
  4. typo_kign

typo_kign New Member

I'm on Mac (2012), running High Sierra. I've run comparisons with the same tracks and cue points between TP 2 and TP 3, and it's not just my imagination- there is a noticeable- and undesirable- difference.

5. DjAnibal Laracuente

DjAnibal Laracuente New Member

Try changing the BEAT sync for Tempo sync or reverse, depends on whether you have activated this changes the way you synchronize the GRIP in the music. That's in the settings on the TRANSPORT tab.

6. typo_kign

typo_kign New Member

EDIT: Mistakenly thought the problem to have been fixed

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  7. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

Forum is good! Mark as solved!

8. typo_kign

typo_kign New Member

Ugh, maybe it was just wishful thinking last night, but the problem persists, either on tempo or beat sync. I'll post some soundcloud samples later.

9. mastermc

mastermc NI Product Owner

i use tempo sync and no issues

10. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

So you said you are using pitch?
    Are you activating and deactivating keylock while tracks are playing?
    If so there is another thread that is probably this same problem.

I still haven't got my hands on Tp3 yet.

11. typo_kign

typo_kign New Member

This thread seems like it was posted after you posted your comment, it describes a problem with the sync function when key lock as activated:

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/worst-sync-ever.339447/

I went ahead and ran the same tracks with the key lock activated and deactivated, and yeah: the beats do NOT properly sync when the key lock is activated. I deactivated key lock and was able to cue jump around the way I did on TP 2 without any problem. So yes, that's where the problem seems to lie.

• Like Like x 1
  12. newflipcompany

newflipcompany New Member

I can confirm that: Beat Sync + Keylock leads to unacceptable results