1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Quantize / Snap value?

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by sonofabit, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonofabit

sonofabit New Member

I've been watching some traktor videos on dj techtools and one thing I continuously see is them triggering samples quickly in rapid succession.

I cannot seem to duplicate this. I disabled snap and quantize but the best I can get out of it is on the down beat. I want to be able to stutter the samples, triggering them like say 16th notes, but I cannot figure out how this is done.

can someone help me out here? thanks!

2. KLH

KLH NI Product Owner

There's a LOT of practice required to hit 16th notes consistently (meaning without snap and quantize).

-KLH

3. sonofabit

sonofabit New Member

thanks for the reply, I do understand that but what I am saying is that even with quantize off I cannot trigger the samples that quickly. it will not let me trigger them more than once per beat.

4. mrpud

mrpud Forum Member

hi I take it you're using the S4 to do this?
    also are you trying to trigger the samples from the sample decks?

if so I asked a similar question a couple of weeks ago. from what i understand is, if you what to trigger samples from the sample decks in a sampling stab style - you need to switch the s4 from deck A/B to C/D, (i.e. if triggering from the left sample deck then switch deck a to deck C on the s4) or the only other option is to use an additional midi controller.

hope this helps

5. sonofabit

sonofabit New Member

thanks for your reply, yes this is with S4

In fact, I tried all THREE of these options. Whether I'm using the extra controls in deck a, the dedicated controls in deck C OR an external MIDI controller (AKAI LPD8) mapped to the sample triggers, it still will not let me stutter the sample triggers, locking me into a beat lock of no less than a single beat.

6. TheGroovemaster

TheGroovemaster New Member

are you triggering samples or quick-cues?

7. KLH

KLH NI Product Owner

Sorry about the post, I wasn't thinking about what you are actually trying to do. IIRC, the sample playback feature doesn't have the trigger-style mode like you are describing. It is designed to playback in sync with the master clock - not do the "P-P-P-P-Playback" or trigger-style (like with arcade buttons).

I'm on the fence on the this one.

-KLH

8. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

Don't they stutter in one-shot mode?

9. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

I am no were near my s4 right now, but I think if playback is stopped for the sample decks, (by switching to deck d/c) then triggered via the que buttons below each sample, you can get the stutters, looped or shot. Not sure but I think I remember this working.

10. mrpud

mrpud Forum Member

Hi I believe you're right, found this video on YouTube (sorry it's in german but you'll get the drift)

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=GB#/watch?v=u--zShG1W34

Cheers

11. Kenny MacCormick

Kenny MacCormick NI Product Owner

12. sonofabit

sonofabit New Member

interesting, this seems kind of crappy, but thanks for the info!

13. Kenny MacCormick

Kenny MacCormick NI Product Owner

It's not crappy is like the cue function works in everywhere. :)

14. sonofabit

sonofabit New Member

well i was talking about the retrigger, not the play. i would think that a retrigger would be independent of the play button... but anyway its all good thanks everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.