Questions before buying Komplete Kontrol S49 (newbie)

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by EpicEsquire, Feb 22, 2020.

1. EpicEsquire

EpicEsquire New Member

Hi everyone - I am new to Native Instruments and have a few questions I cannot find the answers to (I have searched but could not find the answers):

1--Do the instruments and sounds from Komplete run natively in Komplete Kontrol? (meaning, are they stored thereon and thus free up my computer's CPU from having to store and load them?);

2--Is there a Komplete Kontrol mkIII on the horizon?; and

3--When NI has their big 50% off sales (summer, Thanksgiving), is the Komplete Kontrol included therein or is the sale only for software?

Thank you and I look forward to engaging in this community.

2. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

Not quite sure what this is asking? Komplete Kontrol software is basically the interface between the keyboard (hardware) and the instruments (software). It's a "VST Loader" where you load compatible VST instruments within and it then creates the required control connections between hardware and instrument. It does not contain within anything (instruments or sounds) you need to have all that stored on your computer and it will load it the same way as if you loaded it within a DAW directly, only it is loaded within Komplete Kontrol and then within your DAW.

NI won't even tell us what is being developed as a feature let alone what hardware is on the horizon. I guess the question would be what would you expect in an MKIII that is not already available?

Typically, NI sales apply to the software side of things, I would not expect to ever see a 50% off on hardware. Maybe a 10% sale but typically the Komplete bundle will be discounted and normally the "Ultimate" as an enticement to upgrade to the more featured package. You would be better off looking for a sale at your local music store.

3. EpicEsquire

EpicEsquire New Member

OK thank you - I was wondering if the actual sounds/instruments could be stored on the Komplete Kontrol and everything processed therein like how some audio interfaces (UA, Antelope Audio) have DSP's inside wherein plugins can be processed therein, thus freeing up the computer's CPU from having to process them

Speaking of CPU's - how taxing are the Komplete sounds/instruments on a computer CPU?

Well, typically, when I am looking to purchase new hardware, with the constant evolution of technology, I always want to determine if a newer version is on the horizon so it can be "future proofed" for at least a little while longer

OK - thank you - this makes it easier to make a decision - perhaps I will get the S49 mkII with the first tier ($199) Komplete 12 package and then wait for the 50% sale to upgrade and/or add in other libraries

4. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

No, in the end the Komplete Kontrol is basically an extensive MIDI interface, backed up by the Komplete Kontrol software. It doesn't really do much on its own.

Depends on the sound / instrument which you're using.

A single synth such as Absynth or FM8 is pretty relaxed, even the Kontakt sampler isn't very taxing. But load a "monster" instrument into Kontakt such as Thrill and things can become quite taxing.

Ergo: "it depends".

5. EpicEsquire

EpicEsquire New Member

Thanks for the response - that cleared things up for me

One additional question (if you might know) - are the sounds/instruments in Komplete optimized for use on multiple cores in an Apple computer or do they only use one core?

6. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

That is dependant on how your daw manages cores which typically is on a track by track basis.

• Informative Informative x 1