1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

questions regarding GR3

Discussion in 'Technical Issues - KOMPLETE (Archive)' started by DeathEvil, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeathEvil

DeathEvil New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm new to software amp modeling and have a few questions that hopefully can be answered:)

First of all, I have guitar rig 3 software edition, my guitar is ltd viper 400 (love my puppy), and I have a fairly fast dual core system with creative X-fi Platinum FPS sound card, and 7.1 speaker system.

1) when using guitar rig I'm using creative ASIO driver and get 6ms latency that does not bother me at all (barely noticable delay). Will buying the Kontrol pedal improve the sound I'm getting? At the moment I'm plugging my guitar straight to the mic input on my sound card and I don't think my sound card has any preamp built in... Although it sound pretty good after some tweaking... this question is for people who first used only software edition and then bought the kontrol - did you noticed an improvement? or maybe active EMG's on my guitar work like an preamp a bit?

2) if I get the Kontrol pedal (I want it also for convenience of switching quickly effects and such), will I be able to connect it straight into the cab? I don't have an amp or cab now but was wondering if I will need just the cab to play the sound generated by the GR3.

3)any news on GR4? I would hate to invest in Kontrol 3 and see GR4 come out in a week:)

4)is the Kontrol pedal compatibile with aplitube products? I was very impressed with the variety found in fender edition.

Thanks in advance

2. Marc_S

Marc_S NI Product Owner

1) Yes, it will sound better as it has a preamp and your soundcard does not. The converters are alos better.

2) You will always need an amp. What comes out of the RK is line level.

3) NI does not pre-announce products.

4) The RK will work as an audio interface in any program but it uses host automation, not MIDI.

3. DeathEvil

DeathEvil New Member

thanks Marc, it helps a lot.

Is it ok to ask if someone knows where Kontrol pedal can be bought for best price? so far $199 is best I found...

I wish I have bought Kontrol along with software the first time:(

4. Marc_S

Marc_S NI Product Owner

Sure, ask around. Look on eBay, too. As long as it's a legitimate dealer, those questions are fine here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.