random sound playing while not in use

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Lawrence Cooke, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Lawrence Cooke

Lawrence Cooke New Member

Hi,

When I have Maschine open and a project loaded, a sound will play at random moments for no reason. This happens if I am in playback, or if its idle, so even if I am not actually using Maschine, just have the app open, the sound will play, its like just one note or chord and then it stops.

Has anyone else had this issue, or how do I fix it?

2. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Do you have anything loaded into Mashine at the time?

3. Lawrence Cooke

yes I do, I have a project loaded, but the sound plays even if the project is not being played/recorded. Even when its idle it plays, It does play during play at random times, but it also does it at random times if its not being played. hope that makes sense,

4. tempsperdu

Yeah it makes sense. Have you been through turning off the individual sounds till you find the 'culprit'?

5. nanotable

nanotable New Member

This happened to me yesterday once. Afair I’ve been using Form only. I took a break and suddenly a random, short sound played. It sounded completely different than the one I’ve been playing around with, but who can tell with Form :D

I don’t have a fix. Maschine Mikro Mk3, Kontrol M32, latest MacOS on a MacBook Pro.

6. tempsperdu

I don't know if this happens in other programmes but Maschine appears to continuously process whatever is loaded regardless of whether it is playing or not. When these things have occured to me I've gone through each of the loaded sounds till I've found the culprit. I believe Form is one of the programmes I've noticed this with most.

7. Lawrence Cooke

Yes, I have, it's coming from a sound from Massive.

8. tempsperdu

If it's not a problem when playing then you can just mute the channel when you're not. I have sometimes been able to stop the unwanted noises by putting in a blank pattern until you need the actual sound but IIRC this doesn't always work.

9. Lawrence Cooke

It is an issue while playing, it also affects the song levels etc as its always much louder than the music. So its a bit of a problem all around.

10. tempsperdu

Are you using a preset or is it a patch of your own devising?

11. Lawrence Cooke

its a user patch made by the unfinished "dark score I"

12. tempsperdu

I don't have that one so I can't look at it. Try playing around with it and see if you can find out what is causing that behaviour. You may be able to adjust it so that it no longer behaves that way.

You could also try for help in the dedicated Massive forum
    https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/forums/massive.133/

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019