RAUM

Discussion in 'STUDIO FX' started by Soundof, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Soundof

Soundof New Member

Hey guys, anyone using the RAUM free reverb plugin?

I like it a lot, thanks NI, but one thing I have noticed is that the dials/knobs are super sensitive! It doesn't take much to go from 0 to 100%!

I don't have this issue with other plugins. I am using it in Cubase Pro 10 and 10.5, Windows 10.

Perhaps its a design fault, not sure, even holding down shift doesn't help a great deal, it slows it down a bit but only temporarily.

2. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  3. cane creek

cane creek NI Product Owner

RAUM won't work on my 2008 Mac Pro / Ableton Live / OS 10.11.6

All my other native instruments work fine, i did notice for the latest Reaktor & Massive X 10.11 is not supported anymore is this the same for RAUM?

Native Access won't install the latest Reaktor on my machine as it isn't supported however it will install RAUM?

4. tkurgpold

tkurgpold NI Product Owner

Just found out for myself, according to the system requirements 10.13 is required.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Can you switch to 64 bit on your mac. RAUM is for 64 bit only.

6. tkurgpold

All versions of Live since 8 are 64-bit only, so unless he's on 7 it should be a non-issue.

7. cane creek

cane creek NI Product Owner

I'm on the latest version of live, just a shame Apple will no longer support the 2008 Mac pro after el capitan, and now looks like Native instruments won't support it since the new Reaktor/Raum.

I understand that people once upon a time had to sell their old MACs because they are no longer powerful enough, but its sad that my MAC is 8 core with 32GB RAM and will run any project i throw at it, so why should i have to go out and buy a new MAC, its criminal.

8. DavidKT

DavidKT NI Product Owner

Still finding that it's not available in Native Access ...

ETA - One day later. Got it today. This was completely my fault - I expected it just to turn up in Native Access and when it hadn't the warning messages led me to believe that it would at some stage. I had gone to the Download Raum page, but the button there to download it was blacked out - the other buttons (for non registered users) were all blue so, as I was logged in, I just assumed it wasn't active. In fact the button was active - although I'm not quite sure why it needed to be a different colour. Anyway, I clicked it and it popped up in Native access a minute later.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  9. Robert100

Robert100 New Member

ditto today

10. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

11. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

A happy new year and 50 presets for RAUM

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. prjkt

prjkt NI Product Owner

I have the same Mac, currently it's running 10.6 for the Virus | Powercore synth, but I've had it running up to 10.12 Sierra.

Check this site for a way to update your OS beyond official "support" http://dosdude1.com/software.html

The reason Apple soft-lock the updates is because the hardware doesn't properly support some of the new features like hand-off, but has no problem running the OS.

However, if like Massive X, Raum requires AVX compatibility, sadly you're out of luck.

13. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

In the manual about RAUM is no text that it requires AVX. Are you sure?
    From where do you got this info?

14. tkurgpold

Doesn't appear to require AVX, but also doesn't support El Capitan, so I'll have to wait to try it out.

15. prjkt

prjkt NI Product Owner

That was an “if” ;)

So provided you can get 10.13 or higher working, there should be no issue.

Of course you should test this on a spare drive, rather than upgrading your main OS until you can prove it works. (Carbon Copy Cloner is great for helping with this)

16. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

No settings are specified in the manual. Not for Mac or PC!

17. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Philippe just wrote to me: Raum is 10.12 minimum and 64-bit only.