Razor Installation Problems

Discussion in 'Technical Issues - KOMPLETE (Archive)' started by enemigo242, Apr 6, 2011.

1. enemigo242

enemigo242 New Member

Hello all, first time posting here, so greetings to everyone. Well, I am having strange issues in regard to installing Razor. I contacted NI through the phone and they just give me solutions that I already thought of. And the last time I called, I was pretty much hung up on (thanks a lot). :S Anyway, here is my problem. At the end of the installation process, I get this error message: "Could not access network location Profiles\All Users\Application Data\Native Instruments\Installer Log." I've never experienced this with NI products or any software for that matter. I do have Vista and the UAC is off, of course. I tried uninstalling my McAfee, but nothing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Reaktor, and nothing. But here is what's strange to me. Why can am I able to reinstall Reaktor but I can't install Razor? It makes not sense to me since they're both NI products. The tech support has been useless and they seem as confused as I am. :( What is going on here? Can someone please help? Thanks,

Mike

2. enemigo242

enemigo242 New Member

right then, i guess i'm out 79 ****ing dollars. thanks NI, enjoy the money. how about hiring people that acutally helps you out in some way, instead of ****ing hanging up on you. (yes, i was hung up on when i tried calling tech support.)

3. errorsmith

errorsmith NI Product Owner

4. swerver

swerver Forum Member

Are you running the installer as an Administrator? Try right-clicking on the installer and select 'run as administrator' - could be a permissions problem.

5. gerardo1987

gerardo1987 New Member

The same problem

Hello i was trying to install KONTAKT PLAYER and i got the same error :(:( dont know what to do, i tried everything, but nothing worked. Did you find any solution ?
    PROBLEM KOTAKT.jpg

6. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

7. punxpyewe79

punxpyewe79 New Member

having an installation problem too

I'm having a somewhat similar issue. I have been successful at installation Razor on my laptop with a partial installation of Komplete, but my desktop (Vista) won't let me install the Razor Library. I continually get a red X beside the Razor Library during the installation wizard. This is very frustrating..I've spent hours uninstallation and reinstallation Komplete to see if it will help, and nothing seems to work.

Anyone have any suggestions PLEASE?

8. Kruddler

Kruddler Forum Member

I'm getting exactly the same problem! This is enfuriating! I've had exactly the same problem with tech support. They are rude and then they hung up on me. When I called back they said that they are having trouble with phone dropouts. The tech support guys just say that there is nothing that can be done about this problem even though it's clearly a bug in the installer. I am running windows 7.

9. arachnaut

arachnaut NI Product Owner

Why does it think that this is a network location?

Something is weird with the "All User's" settings.
    ---
    Does this fix help?

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum_us/showthread.php?p=888410

10. Kruddler

Kruddler Forum Member

Everyone, thanks to arachnaut, I have been able to solve the problem. You can look at my thread here:

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?p=888751&posted=1#post888751

It seems that if you try to intall Razor before installing the latest version of Reaktor, it screws something up. I think it writes a certain file to the hard drive and then the installer won't work after that. So this is what I did:

• Delete file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center
    • Uninstall Razor in Programs/Features
    • Run installer as admin
    • Run installer in XP SP3 compatibility mode.

I don't know if the last three points made any difference. I think the key point was the first in the list.

11. arachnaut

You mean delete the XML file "Razor 1", right?

12. punxpyewe79

punxpyewe79 New Member

Heck yeah, thank you both arachnaut and Kruddler! It has worked by deleting the file and running the installer in the XP compatability mode.

Cheers!

13. Kruddler

Kruddler Forum Member

Yeah. No thanks to technical support.

Honestly, you do the right thing, you fork out the cash for software and then you get no help from the vendor and have to work things out for yourselves.

14. arachnaut

Probably, though, what you encountered is a very rare condition.

Most people who install Razor already have Reaktor.

And, perhaps, no one ever tested that kind of case.

While I have my gripes with everyone's software, for the most part, NI's software is fairly sound.

15. sowari

are you saying you installed Razor when you had 5.5 and then updated to 5.6?

sowari

16. Kruddler

Kruddler Forum Member

Yeah. Obviously my bad.

But, the problem was that after that failed, it left a file remnant behind that stopped the installer from working. So, even after upgrading to the correct version of Reaktor, the installer still didn't work. But, I had no indication that this was the problem.

Perhaps this the same problem other people have experienced. Or, perhaps their first installation attempt failed for some other reason.

It would be good for someone to write this up in the knowledge base.

17. sowari

i was trying to find out if you had 5.5, or an earlier version of Reaktor?

the website is clear that 5.5 is the minimum requirement.

so did you have Reaktor 5.5 installed?

sowari

18. swerver

swerver Forum Member

I don't get that impression with Reaktor. If anything will crash with a serious error in my DAW (and I run A LOT of software and VSTs) it is ALWAYS Reaktor. Flakey software at best (and I'm not using free ensembles I've downloaded off the internet - all commercial NI stuff).

19. arachnaut

Naturally, everyone's system is different, and its maintenance can vary.

I use Reaktor daily, practically, and I constantly build with it - sometimes very large ensembles.

In Ableton Live, I use it in many tracks along with a variety of other VSTs.

I also use it standalone just as often. I also use it a lot in Kore.

On both my Mac and PC, it seldom crashes - usually only when I exceed some limit or do a lot of deletions. Even then, I can usually save things before I restart.

In the newest version, one type of crash is new - it is related to moving elements in the grid during assembly. I hope that gets fixed soon.

I don't think it has ever crashed for me during a performance - only during building.

So, in short, I've always found Reaktor to be among the most stable software in my possession - particularly good in light of its complexity.

If you read my posts, you'll see that I am often quite outspoken about software issues. My only complaint with Reaktor has been implementation issues with Core cells and documentation. The documentation is getting much better, but Core is still difficult for me to use.

20. sowari

i hardly ever get crashes on my Mac, not even with Beta versions of Reaktor.

sowari