Re: Official update status - Traktor Scratch

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by bigbadselecta, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. somethingblue

somethingblue Forum Member

My TS is generally a big paperweight as of right now due to some loading issues, but aside from that I think its as stable as can be when it works correctly. One thing you have to understand is just because you have a problem doesn't mean the hardware is **** and it's NI's fault. I'm playing with two guys tonight who have the same setup as me and they've never had a single problem. Computers are tricky and there are million variables to go wrong. You can't blame NI for everything.

Also, if you try and tell me that Serato, FS2, or any other system has a 100% success rate with zero complaints, you'd be a liar.

2. DJ James Lake

DJ James Lake NI Product Owner

I have used Traktor and TS on both macs and pcs. I have been a huge mac advocate for years and have owned them since the mac se. A year ago after constant crashing on my mac g4 dual processor I decided to try it on a pc for comparison. and guess what no crashes.

I have run traktor without a single crash for a year now and have come the conclusion that N.I. cant program for macs for ***t it seems always like the mac version is a poor port of the pc version.

Dont believe me then look through these forums at posts where users are having problems. You'll soon see nearly all are using a mac.

Dont for one minute think I am slating macs because you wont find a bigger fan. But if you want a rock solid system for TS or Traktor try it on a pc and see what I mean.

3. djchino

djchino New Member

thats it

im about to throw my audio 8 dj out the window, im a dj that needs professional software, i have a big gig in sept and if this update isnt out by then, im switching to serato.

4. sergeramirez

sergeramirez NI Product Owner

I'm sure Serato has had its complains as well as FS 2 did, but these are known bugs that N.I is already aware of and should have already been resolved. The point is if they already know about it is because enough people have already complained about it, so they should have made that there main priority to fix it.

5. dontsayhouse

dontsayhouse Forum Member

Seems that we all agree that Traktor Scratch at the moment don't have the stability.
    I just had another crash tonight so I decide to burn all my collection into cds...I get tired also to be booed by people and send crash reports to N.I....so I think is much better at the moment to wait this famous update and see if something change...After all the troubles I get,I still believe that NI will do something strong for this software..
    Let's see what happens....

6. Djarsennal

Djarsennal Forum Member

Wow I the only time Traktor crash on me its sometimes when importing the collection, but I understand all you guys point of views, Traktor has bugs there is no doubt but there is no software that have launched bugless but at the other hand its taking forever for the upgrade to become available, still with all the bugs I wont change Traktor for anything else I have tried Serato and Torq, I preffer Traktor any day of the week.

7. 2manyTHRILLS

2manyTHRILLS Forum Member

I would advise all TS owners with problems NOT to jump start jumping ship just yet. The update is coming out very soon and iv seen too many people become disappointed by selling a problematic product which becomes very useable after a big update.

I am in the same boat as most of you but certainly not looking at alternative products just yet.

8. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

OK guys I'm going out on limb here to try in some fashion to head off a brewing shitstorm.

Indeed the scratch update is very close we have one or two last issues that need to be finalized. I cannot give you dates but we are NOT talking several weeks. The update list has already been published on the forums so there is no point republishing it here. More info when I can say more in a day or two.

Phil

9. CDJQ_Tf

CDJQ_Tf Forum Member

Now that is outstanding news - thanks Phill

10. djchino

djchino New Member

Outstanding News?

Ill tell you what outstanding news is, its when you buy a 600 dollar program that doesnt go crazy in front of a live audience. And I keep hearing, the updates coming out soon, oh, you mean the update that makes my software totally obsolete? You mean the update thats going to fix the problem with the software that I cant use tonight at my gig because if I do ill be thrown out in the street? Let me ask a question, if you buy a car and find out that its breaks go out once in a while are you going to drive it? NO. Then your assed out because you just bought a car that you cant use because it is unreliable. And im really not being an ass right now, if the update were fixing pink elephants that popped up on my screen once in a while, i really wouldnt care too much, however that doesnt seem to be the situation. let me tell you guys at NI something, I CANT USE THE $600.00 PROGRAM I JUST BOUGHT BECAUSE IT GOES IN REVERSE FOR NO REASON, BECAUSE OF A BUG THAT YOU HAVE YET TO FIX, AND BECAUSE AN UPDATE THAT IS "SOON TO BE RELEASED" HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED. And regarding this **** storm that is about to develop, im going to start pooping everywhere if this doesnt get fixed soon. So porfavor mi gente in NI, no more promises of the updates are coming out "soon" because right now, at this moment which is Sunday the 26th of JULY at 7:05 pm in NYC, I am burning cds to use at my gig. Your soon is already too late.

11. PhilL

Hmmm I dunno about this daylight savings thing but over here in the Pacific Northwest its now 6:30 pm August 26 2007 so by the time you hit Aug 25 we'll probably have had Scratch for close to month. Jeez you guys are so behind the times :p

BTW about the reverse playback.... this update should have you all smiley-like.

...and last time I looked, I was not the enemy... I only look like it.

Regard the poopering... you can do that only if you bought yer own bags and scooper, sorry, but we ain't cleaning up for ya. while you're poopering in our park, we'll just sneak around to your place, raid yer beer fridge, spill half of it on yer rekkids, then set em out in the sun to dry while we get your landlady blind drunk and convince her you are satans evil brother in law :S :lol:

Phil (on-a-roll) kinda....

12. little thumpa

little thumpa Forum Member

Sounds like a Kiwi to me haha, kia ora mate. Looking forward to teh update.

13. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

have you ever sent the support a recording of the control signal when this happens?

14. djchino

djchino New Member

no

No, I havent, I was never asked to, and for some reason, I dont think that will do anything. I'm sure they already know what the problem is if there releasing a bug to fix the reverse playback problem and am im also pretty sure that Im just going to get the ol' "the updates coming out soon" It sucks when you call technical support and you get a "sorry cant help you" And to Phil, dont worry, there will be no 'poopering" on you..lol.. I guess my anger is directed at the "man" So.. Mr. Man at NI, fix this my Sept 1st and ill be a loyal customer forever, if not, I have to move on... maybe ill get a couple cassette players....lol

15. somethingblue

somethingblue Forum Member

actually...brakes wear out naturally. Also, any time you buy a car new or used, you have to expect something to go wrong with it at some point. Parts have natural wear and tear. You'll end up replacing brakes, wiper blades, serpentine belts, and other parts that go over time. If you buy a house, no matter the price you're going to have to expect something to go wrong...be it plumbing, landscaping, electricity, etc. There will always be house work to take care of. That's life.

16. PhilL

No probs, I do understand your frustration. All we all want is to be able to get up and play out arses off but if you are constantly worrying about this or that breaking then thats simply not going to happen.

Next time you get into a reverse playback scenario then PLEASE PLEASE get a Wav for MP3 recording of the TIMECODE sound and send it to me I will make sure it gets to the developers for analysis. I cannot begin to tell you how important these recordings are. We can use them during testing to check for the reverse playback problems in future too. The reverse playback problem is problematic to produce so people find it easier than others and if in the dev group they were not able to do so then its not possible to fix the problem. Using your car analogy if you were to go back to the dealer and my car is broke I went to drive and all it would do for a few seconds was go in reverse. The mechanic would check it out but if there was no sign of it having done that what precisely should he do?

Without a thread to pull on its oftentimes not possible for the developers to find and fix problems.

Phil

17. PhilL

Tena Kotu Mate. Good to see the Kiwi DJ Militia is representing at last. Howz the sounds down there these days? When I was down there on holiday playing a couple of years back in ChCh DnB and Dub was huge.

Phil

18. GoldSkin

GoldSkin NI Product Owner

done that since june already - played lots of gigs since without TS around - and the cd case even felt lighter than the amp and thing .. quite handy ... dont know if I will use TS elsewhere than in the homesetup no more - cd seems to be much more reliable (more less in general) but being more precisely definitly more "flexible" in multi-usage setup environments than TS was to me so far ...

19. CDJQ_Tf

CDJQ_Tf Forum Member

So I guess I am not the only one jumping all over the place while waiting for the update. It's gotten to a point that my family has a betting line on what gear I will take out to the club on any weekend:
    1) CD's and CDJ800s
    2) TDS2.6/FS2 w/ small backup CD book (my scratchamp is dying)
    3) Denon HD2500 (when the booth is small and ill equiped- this works!)
    4) TDS2.6/FS2, CDJ800's / backup CD book. (thats when they call me "nylon bag man" - way too much gear to carry!)

I can't wait for TS to work right - then it will be the same gear every weekend again. Personally I would rather wait a little longer and know its right than get it still in beta testing.

20. yagru

yagru Forum Member

So.. what should users imply from this statement? That NI has not been able to successfully diagnose and fix this bug yet? Otherwise, why would a user need to do this with a confirmed bug that is so old?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.