1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Re: Official update status - Traktor Scratch

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by bigbadselecta, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yagru

yagru Forum Member

jeez there are some really bad analogies on here..

simply put, if you bought a car that spontaneously whent in reverse.. would you drive it?

2. djsuperflo

djsuperflo Forum Member

Serato

I haven't tried Serato yet! But I went a couple of months ago to
    Evans Music City here in Houston, TX...and they had Serato on
    display. I noticed something with the program and TC Vinyl...the wav displays vertical and the TC Vinyl drifts without touching
    anything. Kind of hard to see a wav like that...sorry just used to
    do some recordings & wav editing, they are horizontal. I would like to try it some more at home and experiment with it. I have FS2 and at first...had no clue on what I was doing back in Dec. '05 also said "why did I buy a program don't know how to use!"
    Well, many practice session and numerous mistakes, I've really improved and also learn some tricks! Hopefully the update takes a load off my back and get some sleep. By the way, don't like laptops anymore, gonna try a desktop (gamer)...so what if its not portable....going with stability and performance, and I can deal with the portability some other time!

3. hamzter

hamzter Forum Member

I had mentioned that on this forum. I used to own Serato, and I like the horizontal waveform...

with TS, I like the fact of USB 2.0...

Don't get me wrong, I think Serato is a great product, and if I had an unlimited source of money I would own both, since SSL is used in a lot of places...

someone said that SSL can change the orientation of the waveform...

4. djsuperflo

djsuperflo Forum Member

Hamzter

Thanks on the SSL waveform thing.....how's your Numark HDX's?

5. hamzter

hamzter Forum Member

when I ripped the TS TC CD onto the HDXs, I was surprised that TS worked... but I am very surprised at how well it works...

I absolutely enjoy this setup...

my best so far.

6. dj_huck

dj_huck NI Product Owner

your simile is unmatched in both wittiness and brilliance, while being compassionate, sensitive, and helpful.i withdraw all prior posts in this thread and wish you the utmost happiness and success in all of your life's quests.
    s

7. dj_huck

dj_huck NI Product Owner

8. djchino

djchino New Member

1. The issue that is taking time to fix, should have been "fixed" before the release of the software.

2. I'm not threatening to leave NI, im threatening to utilize other time coded vinyl technology. NI might have some other software in the future that I may want to use.

3. I didnt even know about the release date, and I wasnt complaining for it to come out. If Traktor Scratch wasnt out, id probably be using Serato.

4. And.. the update is taking too long to come out. Im not using any more metaphors because they get butchered and misinterpreted.

5. And again... Im about to buy a new laptop, should I go with PC or Apple?

9. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

Don't worry mate that even happens here when you don't use metaphors.... Ahhh the power of the Englitch Language....
    To the point made... There is an old adage in software QA and delivery dates, it goes do you want it done or done right. The cycle here on the boards is the same as everywhere else in the beginning everyone wants 100% quality and is prepared to wait a while to get it. If there are delays delivering because of problems some users always peel off and get angry and "want it now dammit" the quality argument for them goes out the door. Then comes the wars. Meanwhile us testers are feeling it as a are the developers. We might be finding problems that are really hard to reproduce and if the devs cant reproduce the problem there is little that can be done until we testers can give them a case where reproduction is readily possible. Another thing to note is that in some cases reproducing bugs in realtime software is MANY MANY times harder than standard event driven code because far more than just the planets need to align to produce a particular issue. We fully understand peoples desire so get to use that which they paid for, but what it comes down right this second to is this .... "Do you want it done, or done right?"

you really like mixing it up don't ya? Hopping from one religious debate to another... ;)
    This discussion is seldom conducted along normal analytical lines. The usual partisan discussions erupt early with 'Get a Mac' or 'Get a PC', without any thought as to what you want to do with your laptop what software you already have for a specific platform and what your objectives are for your laptop in the short and medium term. Like either of those two statements even matter in the whole discussion. The whole purpose of the discussion is to let your needs drive your decision, rather than make a platform decision then build use cases to justify the decision.

Forget there is even a platform option for a start and a dollar amount target too. Do your assessment based on what your needs are today, in 6 months what you would like to do, and in 12 or 24 months. You may find that those needs either rule in or rule out a particular option. For example maybe your needs are to be able to keep your music on your internal drive and you need 95GB for that alone. You use a PC today and must be able to run solidworks in Windows. That does not rule out a Mac today, except for the fact you don't want to run Bootcamp and Vista so you are going to have to buy a PC Windows based Laptop. Thats the KIND of decision process that should drive you. Now lets see what happens with the discussion thread from here. I know what my bet is on it.

Phil

10. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

FYI Information

FYIYou can expect official release info for the update in the coming hours...

Phil

11. sleizure

sleizure Forum Member

You guys are gonna love this new update. Anyone having loading time issues will be quite surprised! It is Released now!

12. dontsayhouse

dontsayhouse Forum Member

Just testing it...the new way for the fxs : awesome!

13. 2manyTHRILLS

2manyTHRILLS Forum Member

downloading update...

Good timing, just about to finish work...

Now lets get involved... ;)

14. hamzter

hamzter Forum Member

YIPIEEE!

Thank you NI...

It's installed and so far so good...

it's working

15. CDJQ_Tf

CDJQ_Tf Forum Member

Okay, I dunno what you did to the Mac code but WOW! I have had this update running on my G4 12" 1.5 Ghz Powerbook for almost 2 hours without a single glitch! I think I am going to put a statue of the Mac development team on my front lawn!

16. sergeramirez

sergeramirez NI Product Owner

On the Effects when you use delay, can you use the freeze the same as on T3, on T3 you turn on the effect, bring down the amount to zero, and when you press freeze it "freezes" the sound. I cant get it to work like that on TS.

Anyone know how to make it work like that?

17. 2manyTHRILLS

2manyTHRILLS Forum Member

Early tests are looking very good. The new effects are highly welcome although why do I feel they were stronger in 3.2! Anyway am far from complaining.

One thing I was surprised at was the ability to run TS with effects and key lock on both channels at 4ms! Didn’t have time to check any lower settings but im confident I could get her down to 3ms! :eek:

I still have ground issues when not using the multi-core cables although I presume that will never be fixed due to those sunken rca connectors. Who the hell at NI had that bright idea? :S

Keep up the good work, look forward to 3.3 and midi out.

18. DJ James Lake

DJ James Lake NI Product Owner

Well I cant seem to get the Beatmasher to work properly in TS

19. djdivide

djdivide NI Product Owner

And how is that related to bunnies and the like?

Jeez, get with the programme.....;-)

20. BDX

BDX Moderator

There's no freeze for the insertFX. If you want this special effect you have to use the send-effects.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.