1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Re-Sizable Piano Roll

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by District Onagi, Oct 30, 2017.

1. District Onagi

District Onagi NI Product Owner

Basically, A Piano roll that allows us to re-size (as well as view notation) for piano roll A-la-Fl studio would be great.... Maschine's piano roll notes are very thin, and viewing which note your editing the further you get from the piano keys themselves down the timeline get's difficult. Being able to allow the user to affect the size would be great. @D-One, I know you are an FL studio guy so I thought you might appreciate this as well. In addition, not sure if this should have been posted in the sticky, but maybe can you add this one to the feature request?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

+1
    Heheh I'm not an FL guy at all, last time I used it was in 2003 or something. :D I do however envy a lot of FL's features like the ones you are suggesting.
    Maschine has the worst Piano Roll out of every software I have ever used... it really needs some improvement IMHO.

Not sure if this has been requested enough to deserve to be in the sticky, most of the stuff there is based on the archived suggestions and their feedback.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. TheAndroid

TheAndroid NI Product Owner

4. GR!

GR! New Member

+1

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

5. District Onagi

Oops, I just remember when you first got on here you mentioned an Fl controller or something of the sort. (on a side note, it would be cool if they could get on that. I am a big fan.)

In any event, I'm glad I'm not the only that feels that Maschine has a poor piano roll. Makes me wonder if it is so that we become more controller-dependent? Other than that, I don't understand why it is the way it is.

6. D-One

It's terrible... sometimes just to try to "grab" an event to stretch it or move it is a nightmare when it shouldn't be.
    Exactly, I have a feeling it's because of this silly philosophy that any feature that is mouse dependent is bad on a controller meant to make you stay away from mouse/keyboard... although I understand that the development focus should be on controller stuff there's no need to be extremist about it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. District Onagi

If that is their philosophy (which I think it is) I think it's utterly ridiculous. I've seen loads of great producers make great melodies using a piano roll and the left click of a mouse ( even though I'm not his biggest fan, I've seen Deadma5 make a great pattern doing this)... though he did it in Ableton and was able to make his piano roll larger. If the purpose of Maschine is to give more creative power and access to ideas to the music creator, why make this so difficult? Seems a bit like the opposite of music "Democratization".

8. D-One

Yep. Piano Roll drawing is the future whether people like it or not, especially if the point is to 'democratize music making' not everyone is musically trained to record performance's, sometimes even the ones who are prefer it as a method of composition.
    People hated Sync, now every DJ software DVS either has it or gets behind, Serato learned that the hard way. If Maschine doesn't improve its Piano Roll, it too will keep getting behind...

9. bilposey

bilposey NI Product Owner

X(1)+1=yes

10. musictop

musictop NI Product Owner

Bonjour, il serait intéressant d'avoir des notes de couleurs différentes en fonction de la hauteur. Il peut même y avoir des notes d'une autre couleur si les notes n'appartiennent pas à la clé choisie. Il pourrait aussi y avoir un clic droit de la souris avec un menu "réel" pour éditer le piano rool avec un copier / coller / supprimer / dupliquer ... pour les notes sélectionnées. Cordialement,