ReaKontrol: Komplete Kontrol Mk2 deep integration with Reaper

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Baer, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Baer

Baer NI Product Owner

Available for both PC Windows and Mac OSX:

ReaKontrol is a plugin extension for Reaper. It enables deep DAW integration beyond MCU. The plugin is a single small file coded in C++. A strong emphasis is put on CPU efficiency. All basic functions follow NI's design intent for the officially supported DAWs to maintain maximum compatibility with future updates of NI's drivers and firmware.

Via "Extended Edit" ReaKontrol provides more functions than currently offered by NI's officially supported DAW integration:
    - Komplete Kontrol Instance Focus
    - Transport Control
    - Mixer Control / Control Surface Functions
    - Extended Edit Control for Looping and Arranging
    - Custom Actions and Scripts

As of release v1.0 ReaKontrol supports custom actions for even more control of the DAW and enhanced workflow.

Download incl manual: https://github.com/brummbrum/reaKontrol/releases (can also be installed directly from Reaper via ReaPack)
    Reaper forum thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=222331

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020 at 7:26 AM
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  3. Baer

Baer NI Product Owner

Since I do not own a Mac unfortunately I won't be able to provide such version. However, I published the code open source - hence it should be fairly simple for someone to adapt it and compile a macOS version..."

4. Dave Hanson

Dave Hanson New Member

You're a hero. Thank you!

5. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

The Moss extension works a lot better in Reaper now than when I last tried it and I think does a few things more like device control.

6. Dave Hanson

Dave Hanson New Member

Incidentally, Reaper will not launch if you have a stand-alone instance of KK already open. Took me a minute to figure this out ;-)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  7. JKG2

JKG2 NI Product Owner

You are a God! Thanks so much for this.

Any chance of re-implementing the original Mk1 touch strip functions too? (ping-pong, repeat, etc)

8. Baer

Baer NI Product Owner

The MK1 touchstrip behavior is handled by the KK host as far as I understand (I do not have a MK1). For the Mk2 NI changed these options entirely, basically you can only use it as a CC changer or pitchbend. Its signal can be read via the normal keyboard MIDI port that you also use to record notes. If you wanted to replicate something like on the Mk1 you could read the touchstrip with another Fx (e.g. a JSFX) and make that mimic whatever you want. But this is not in scope of ReaKontrol as it only communicates via the DAW control message port with the keyboard, not via the normal MIDI port that is used for the notes and also the touchstrip.

9. Dave Hanson

Dave Hanson New Member

(Also posted this in the Reaper forum)

My M32 partially works in Reaper - the knobs and transport buttons work, but the keyboard itself does not. I was able to get my M32 to work in FL Studio, but Reaper is still giving me fits. I'm including a screenshot of my MIDI settings in Reaper just to make sure I haven't forgotten anything. Anyone have any other suggestions? TIA!

Attached Files:

10. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dave Hanson

Dave Hanson New Member

12. Eduardo Patricio

Eduardo Patricio New Member

Thank you for this!! :):):)

13. terminar

terminar New Member

As Baer mentioned above (reaKontrol is open source) - I made a small "port" of reaKontrol to OSX. That means it can be used with Reaper on OSX now. Link to the source and to the dylib für Reaper can be found at
    https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php?p=2259809&postcount=87

Bye
    Björn

14. DJ Codaí

DJ Codaí New Member

Hi there,

Currently have an A25 and trying to integrate it with Reaper.

i have followed the manual and have it in the user plugins folder.

within reaper i have found no way to open reaKontrol. My keyboard buttons seems to work, the browser turn button jumps the grid forward and back but the kys do nothing. i also have omnisphere installed and cant test my sounds with a keyboard press ( which is why i wanted to get this keyboard to use omnisphere and others within reaper and create melodies.)

i do not want to change and try learning a new DAW over the keyboard. I also do not want to return my keyboard. i have been trying for a week to get this set up. I bought an AKAI mpd beat board and that worked and set up without anything at all.

can anyone help my setup its really disappointing me!

Codai

15. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

You might get help in the Reaper thread ... check post #2 in this thread for the link.

16. Arpad Bodis

Arpad Bodis New Member

I'm glad I've found this topic. Until now, I wasn't able to use KK DAW integration in Reaper.
    I have NKS presets for some plugins, but IMHO it's just a "nice to have" feature, the real deal is daw integration.
    And I'm not sure, about the CPU performance side whether loading plugins directly in Reaper, or via komplete kontrol plugin is better.

17. @D1

@D1 New Member

Thats dope. Wish someone would do this for FL Studio.

18. Baer

Baer NI Product Owner

Release v1.0 has arrived with user configurable custom actions. Please make sure to read the updated manual as some recommended Reaper settings have changed.