Reaktor 6 Feature Suggestions

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by sowari, Sep 14, 2015.

1. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

Put your Reaktor 6 Feature suggestions here

if you want to start separate threads, that is okay, but it would be nice if you put links like i have done to the other threads.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  2. sowari

3. sowari

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  4. nate

nate NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 2
  5. pentrite0

pentrite0 NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  6. Poster

Poster NI Product Owner

Bigger and more readable info texts when hovering elements..
    8 pt bitmap fonts are so 90's ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. wehkah

wehkah Guest

- a more detailed documentation with more easy to build examples and how to's
    - more information about using the new table framework
    - - I like to know how i can read out the sample properties in core w/o using a Table Info module
    - more simple audio file edit options like normalise, crop, copy and paste directly in the samplemap editor
    - older factory library ensembles need to be fixed and optimized
    - DFD for samplers
    - Parent/Child macros or linked macros so we dont have to change all reused macros if you bugfix or optimize something
    - a seperate view to change and/or view all automation IDs in one overview
    - maybe something like a internal controller editor where i can setup midi controllers
    - - for example select BCR2000 as the first controller and send a sysex via Reaktor with the actual mapping for the selected synth or map all the stuff for your needs and snet it to the controller and save it with the ensemble

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  8. PIANOPICTURES

PIANOPICTURES NI Product Owner

Global preferences or Knob Functions: user selectable vertical/horizontal mouse movement for knobs control.

Direct numeric data entry from a computer keyboard to the Knobs like in most plugins recently.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  9. djabacus

djabacus New Member

-text (note, //comment, whatever) area module in core cells for documentation purposes
    -ability to tab through fields in properties panel, PLEASE

• Like Like x 1
  10. alfonso santimone

alfonso santimone NI Product Owner

1. More detailed documentation. A lot of modules at primary level don't have enough details about inlets and outlets. i.e. all the X offset and range in event table are not well documented. The only way to discover features are long sessions of trial and error (lot of fun but not very productive)
    2. Include Audio Table and Event Table in Table Framework
    3. Inlets for table save, table name, file path, in both Audio and Event table
    4. A module to get system time (Year, Month, Day, Hour, Min, Sec, etc..basicly an equivalent of C language time() )
    5. Right click on inlets to get different kind of controls (not only knobs)
    7. Complete VstTimeInfo structure module (bpm, time signature, song pos and sammple pos)
    (Song Position and Time Info modules are not complete)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
  11. jcore

jcore New Member

relative paths to .ens files place within a project's folder ... or... an option to embed the .ens within the a project's file (exactly like how reflektor embeds IR files within the project).. this would save allot of headache down the road when reopening archived projects, then having to manually re connect any ensembles if the project file name, location etc were changed.

• Like Like x 1
  12. PIANOPICTURES

13. PIANOPICTURES

14. PIANOPICTURES

15. PIANOPICTURES

16. Michael O'Hagan

Michael O'Hagan NI Product Owner

1. copy and paste IC Sends while still keeping their connections.

2. built in snapshot saving for event tables.

3. Linked macros, change 1 of them and they all update accordingly.

4. relative midi input for endless rotary controllers, +/- direction based upon 65/63 midi cc# values like you have in traktor.

5. internal midi CC# banking for more in depth and useful hardware control.

Think of it as something like what Traktor has in its midi mapping setup, modifier buttons and the like.

the idea is like a minimal midi scripting system.

here's an example, lets say you have a hardware controller with 8 knobs and 8 buttons on it.

the hardware knobs output midi CC#'s 1-8 to control knobs 1-8 in reaktor, I can then press any one of the buttons, we'll say midi cc# 127 and the control assignments for midi CC#'s 1-8 will bank over to control reaktor knobs 9-16.

this is useful for when you have a midi controller with 8 knobs, but you have 16 or 32 parameters you want to control.

essentially it is creating midi pages internally inside of reaktor.

6. A Change Graphics option where you can change the image file for all knobs in one move, select a knob and change the graphic file, and then select change all and every knob that uses that graphic file will change over to the new one.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  17. tomtakestooth

tomtakestooth NI Product Owner

- Setting defaults for GUI items (knobs/buttons/etc.). Example: every time I add a knob it is automatically set as small, with a range of -1 to 1, with MIDI out and Remote Through turned on. Also, similar to Michaels no.6 above, select several and/or all GUI items to set parameters, rather than clicking on them one at a time.

- Set external MIDI out range within the properties of knobs and buttons.

- Send MIDI state command. Sends the value of all GUI items with MIDI out turned on to external MIDI controller.

Michael, just out of interest, could you explain no.5 to me?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Michael O'Hagan

Michael O'Hagan NI Product Owner

5. internal midi CC# banking for more in depth and useful hardware control.

the idea is like a minimal midi scripting system.

here's an example, lets say you have a hardware controller with 8 knobs and 8 buttons on it.

the hardware knobs output midi CC#'s 1-8 to control knobs 1-8 in reaktor, I can then press any one of the buttons, we'll say midi cc# 127 and the control assignments for midi CC#'s 1-8 will bank over to control reaktor knobs 9-16.

this is useful for when you have a midi controller with 8 knobs, but you have 16 or 32 parameters you want to control.

essentially it is creating midi pages internally inside of reaktor.

Think of it as something like what Traktor has in its midi mapping setup, modifier buttons and the like.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  19. mpl

mpl NI Product Owner

I would like to see internal midi communication support separate midi channels(reaktor inst to reaktor inst ) rather than just omni at the moment.
    I would also like to be able to select which external midi inputs to reaktor inst. rather than all or just one for an inst.
    Mike
    edit
    It would be useful for the midi out to support omni mode. I've got a multichannel sequencer and i'm sending all notes OFF(128 events) and instead of having it send duplicates, 1 set for each channel,sending it once in omni mode would keep the midi traffic lower.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  20. tomtakestooth

tomtakestooth NI Product Owner

Michael, this is already possible using the MIDI Channel Message module. I've attached an ensemble as an example. The button labeled "+8" moves the controller numbers up by 8.

Attached Files: