Reaktor 6 Feature Suggestions

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by sowari, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Michael O'Hagan

Michael O'Hagan NI Product Owner

what daw do you use? in digital performer this is rather easy to achieve, its controlled by the bundles options, other daw's should have something similar where you can choose to have 8 stereo or 16 out's be recognized how you want.

2. mosaic_

mosaic_ Guest

It would increase user friendliness if, when browsing Presets, a dropdown menu was available like it is for Snapshots.

3. Cal Scott

Cal Scott NI Product Owner

the snap on/off grid feature could do with a Keyboard shortcut

4. unfoundplayer

unfoundplayer NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  5. Seoman303

Seoman303 NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seoman303

Seoman303 NI Product Owner

7. TZEE

TZEE NI Product Owner

Change A/B view with OSC,MIDI or Panelelement ( I prefer to hide the .ens header )

8. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

TZEE, take a right click for context menue and choice „view B“

9. TZEE

TZEE NI Product Owner

Thanks Paule, i know that. But since R6 has the great panel layers feature, it became difficult to find a space in the gui
    where you hit the .ens layer for the context menue. Many .ens that i use have that problem.

10. tomtakestooth

tomtakestooth NI Product Owner

11. Brett Lavallee

Brett Lavallee NI Product Owner

Always pin an instruments snapshot drop down to the far right side of the header. It would look a lot nicer, and would avoid overlapping the title.

12. Brett Lavallee

Add the ability to right click a wire and choose "Replace Connection with Quick Buses."

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Brett Lavallee

A small popup notification when hitting Undo or Redo, to verify which action was modified.

14. Michael O'Hagan

+1, this would be great

• Like Like x 2
  15. Kostas K

Kostas K NI Product Owner

Don't know if these have already been posted to some extent but here they are:

User Library: This is a major advantage of Reaktor and the main hub of the community, so it must be treated as such. The UL can borrow a lot from modern social media.
    - Follow a user and get notifications of new uploads
    - Receive (optional) notifications when a downloaded instrument has been updated
    - Don't bump an updated instrument to the front page, we like to maintain our stuff but not become spammers of the front page
    - Re-design the categories and allow multiple categories/tags. A "user block" may also be an "effect", right?
    - Allow more advanced formatting in text descriptions
    - Allow multiple preview pictures
    - Change 5-stars to simple "likes". It's not nice to discourage new builders with bad ratings
    - Comment section is archaic. We need notifications of replies. Even better, each instrument page can have a proper discussion thread (bug reports, suggestions, feedback etc)
    - Have a dedicated field for Release Notes

Reaktor / General:
    - "Link" many instances of the same macro to edit them simultaneously. Why don't we have that? It makes so many things a chore
    - Add Oversampling (factor and filter type) as a Core macro property.
    - Low level, fast, precise, "closed" implementations of math functions like sqrt(x), pow(x,e), log(b,x) etc in Core
    - More "toolkits" like the ZDF toolkit and envelope toolkit. Overlap/add FFT toolkit?
    - Option to "compile" ensembles to save CPU for live use. When compiled an ensemble cannot be edited. Compiled ensembles are not allowed in the User Library (should be kept open source).
    - More advanced debug options. A proper debug mode, ability to quickly plot signals, flag NaNs etc
    - Efflam's UI elements should become Reaktor standard (added to library). Choose type/color/shadow/ring by simply navigating to the properties section and selecting from a list.
    - More fonts

• Like Like x 2
  16. Michael O'Hagan

I agree with a lot of your requests, but a simple like and dislike option I think is a bad idea, I don't want to see the user library become a Facebook clone.

An ensemble can be good but still have flaws, the 5 star system relates that very well.

A general understanding of the quality of the ensemble before downloading is valuable and useful.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kostas K

I can understand your concern. I guess my point is that a rating system should be accompanied by a way to provide constructive feedback.
    Sometimes I browse through the UL and see ensembles that are obviously made by people doing their first steps. Well, the ratings are low and the comment section is empty

18. detech

detech NI Product Owner

-More love for blocks (morphing and snapshots saving not working properly with individual blocks).

-Multicore support.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Brett Lavallee

Colored wires, colored inputs and outputs, colored instrument headers, comments in core,

• Like Like x 4
  20. Kostas K

When loading a new background image (Properties > View > Style > Bg Image), do not reset image properties.
    We shouldn't have to adjust resizability & borders every time we test something.

• Like Like x 1