Reaktor 6 Feature Suggestions

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by sowari, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Steven Kraninger

Steven Kraninger New Member

A method have a very large audio buffer to record into and have multiple outputs at the same time for better real time live loop recording and manipulation. Also allow overdub and overwrite of sections in the buffer.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Kostas, do you try to open a test bg via Image Properties and open from file at the top?
    upload_2017-4-10_11-18-59.png
    In this way you can change also all maybe knobs of the same name/size.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Kostas K

Kostas K NI Product Owner

Hey Paule,

Yeah, I'm not using that option so much. I'll give it a shot thanks

4. KoaN

KoaN NI Product Owner

In primary when you click on in input,output would be nice to see where it is connected to...in very complex structure in primary i often end up moving macros around to see where my connections lead to.

5. Singer On A Bough

Singer On A Bough NI Product Owner

It would be nice if the "recorder" could record at 24 bits, instead of 16. It might seem like a minor tweak, but it would mean a lot.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

We want back the midi player and additonal a midi player list with rendering option like in old Bandstand and new Modartt Pianoteq 6.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Singer On A Bough

Singer On A Bough NI Product Owner

What version of Reaktor was that in? I've used 5 casually for a short time, and bought it once 6 came out, so I haven't seen or heard of a midi player. I might have missed it though...

8. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Up to version 5.1.5

9. von Bordwehr

von Bordwehr NI Product Owner

Please optimize the interface for Retina/HD displays. It's pixelated and out of focus.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

There is a bug in Event Table Sizes View A and B are always the same.
    In R5.9.4 is the same bug!?!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  11. Michael O'Hagan

Michael O'Hagan NI Product Owner

I made a separate thread for this, but I thought I would post it here as well.

we need a master control module that will allow for start. stop (Space Bar), play from start (Option space bar on Mac) and tempo control from within the structure.

Ideally I would create a knob with values 70 to 140, attach this to the tempo control input and be able to turn the know to adjust tempo from a midi controller when I'm playing with one of my drum machines.

play, pause, restart, tempo should all be a part of a master transport object with 3 inputs.

play, 1 = play and 0 = pause
    restart 1 = play from the beginning
    tempo numeric input value equals tempo vale, i.e. 70 from the knob equals 70 bpm, 100 value equals 100 bpm, etc...

please put this high up on the "too do list", It's been far too many t=years without midi access to these basic funtions.

Thank you.

and a big +1 to the midi file player and a drag and drop midi export module.

12. fqr3

fqr3 New Member

I did not see this mentioned, though it may have been. For Reaktor 6 +, the GUI needs to be resizable & zoom needs to work. Screens get bigger & eyes get older.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Wellsie

Wellsie NI Product Owner

Structure View Zooming (may have already been suggested)
    Zooming in and out of the structure view (or some sort of mini overall view in the top corner)

Resizable Port Names
    If you create a port in a macro with a name more than 4 characters long, can the port area please resize so you can see the longest name - even if it's 20 chars? This would go for all the ins and out terminals, etc

Structure Search
    Search option for structure view - so say if I want to find a macro or component that needs old version compatibility (which I think is causing the problem) or a particular name.

Export Image
    Option to export images from an Ensemble - this could be prevented by Ensemble creator if they wished.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

:thumbsup:

15. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

I'm on pc and use toby bear's T-Rip.

16. artao

artao NI Product Owner

Please allow us to tag ensembles (and .ism) as Favorites (perhaps even other tags, just in general)
    Ability to search ensembles.
    Ability to zoom in structure view, as well as larger fonts in structure view.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jake.s

Jake.s New Member

I would love to see a piece of hardware for connecting to eurorack. I’m imagining a combination of expert sleepers modules and the NI NKS keyboards. It could be a usb module with knobs, inputs, outputs and small screens. The knobs could control knobs within reaktor. And the inputs/outputs could relate to a block inside reaktor. Anyone else?

18. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

That hardware already exists. All you need is to have an audio interface that doesn't have DC-coupled inputs/outputs. RME and MOTU audio interfaces are like that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Jake.s

Jake.s New Member

Hey, yep I’ve got some expert sleepers modules. I just think it would be amazing if there was a module that could represent a block or part of a patch from reaktor. Ie having visual feedback of the midi as well as the inputs/output. I think a lot of people would go for that.

20. Z Gabr

Z Gabr NI Product Owner

More than ever need Reaktor ability, delegate delay compensation to any host...I hope so...

• Like Like x 1