Reaktor 6 won't start in Windows 10

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by huchukato, Jul 11, 2019.

1. huchukato

huchukato New Member

I always owned Macs and all worked fine, before I put this Windows laptop in the trash, someone has the same problem? I also noticed that Ableton crashes while loading the Reaktor and Reaktor FX plugin, I had to remove those plugins to make it run. I tryed to reinstall it several times but it still won't open.

Thanks in advance

2. Luis de la Torre

Luis de la Torre New Member

If I had to guess Reaktor 6 on Windows outnumber (probably by a lot) Reaktor 6 on Macs. And most Windows users run their DAWs in Windows 7 and Windows 10. Again if I had to guess, I'd say 50/50%. So I think Reaktor 6 users on Windows 10 outnumber users on MacOS.

I am positive Reaktor 6 works on my W-10 system, I never had a problem. I don't think your Reaktor 6 set-up does not work just because your machine runs Windows-10. It must be something else.

3. huchukato

huchukato New Member

As a matter of facts, it won't start at all and Ableton crashes while loading the Reaktor plugin, what should it be? I play Reaktor on the iMac, same version, when I'm outside I use this W-10 laptop, all the other NI Apps works fine, I have the Komplete 12 Select + the Komplete Kontrol A49 + the Maschine Mikro Mk3.
    Someone else has the same problem with Reaktor in W-10? How u solved it?

Thanks, again

4. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Do you dl the actual version R6.3.? - In 6.3 are some bugs! pe. double click on ens opens an empty R6 only in v6.3.

5. huchukato

huchukato New Member

Yes, I got the latest version of the player coz when I bought the Maschine Mikro, Native Access automatically installed this version, with the packs included in Komplete Start. After a couple of weeks I updated to K Select + Maschine Library with the Summer Offers, the app is not giving any error, it simply won't open as a standalone + Ableton crashes while loading the Reaktor x64 plugins Don't know what to do, I'm not using Reaktor when I'm not in my studio :\ That's sad

6. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

So it's not the full version of Reaktor 6?
    I dunno which version is the player.

7. Luis de la Torre

Luis de la Torre New Member

Sorry, I misread your original question. I missed that you are in Ableton, probably because I saw Reaktor twice in the same line and I misread Reaper. I am using Reaper and everything is OK. I also know many happy users of W10+Reaktor 6.3+Reaper 5.xx... but this is irrelevant. And I also think I might have possibly read in forums some Ableton users do have issues like you, but I ignore the details. Sorry for the useless post :oops:

8. huchukato

huchukato New Member

Don't worry. It also doesn't start as a standalone app, so I posted here. I'm searching around from 3 days, someone sayd that I have to run the 32 bit version, but I don't have a 32 bit versione of the standalone app

9. namakemon

namakemon New Member

The latest versions of Ableton Live are 64-bit, so "have to run the 32 bit version" is certainly not true.

I don't have it installed now, but until a few weeks ago Reaktor 6 loaded fine in Live 10 and Windows 10.

Reaktor 5 and 6 loaded fine in Live 9 before too (32-bit before Live went 64-bit only).

NI plugins never gave me much problem in Live.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210312645

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000349184-VST-AU-plug-in-doesn-t-appear-in-Live

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209071729-Using-VST-plug-ins-on-Windows

10. huchukato

huchukato New Member

Yes, I know it's only x64, that's why I laughed The plugin folder is configured correctly, all the others NI and also 3rd party NKS plugins work fine, including Komplete Kontrol, Maschine, Kontact, Guitar Rig... Only Reaktor won't start and also make Ableton 10.0.6 and 10.1 crash (I tryed both)