Reaktor Blocks Bento Box ADSR attack level problem

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by X the Unknown, Sep 12, 2017.

1. X the Unknown

X the Unknown NI Product Owner

In an analog ADSR, the starting attack level starts at the same as the last level outputted by the release phase. This behavior is especially important when using long release times. With the Bento Box ADSR, this is not happening and, when a new gate is received, the attack jumps to zero, creates 'clicking' and results in very unmusical behavior. Can NI fix this, or can someone describe how to modify the block so that it behaves correctly?

2. Moshe B

Moshe B Member

try to use this function in the ensemble function tab. it works for this Ens but it is not a block so I don't know if it will work for you to...
    I hope this helps.
    Untitled.png

3. X the Unknown

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give it a try and let you know...

4. Big Gnome

Big Gnome Forum Member

Setting voice allocation to Reassign will not have any effect. That is for setting note priority when polyphony is exceeded. Blocks are monophonic and midi input is handled elsewhere.
    X, the Bento ADSR already does restart from its current point. Try playing something with the attack and release both cranked and see. If for some reason you wanted it to restart from zero with each gate input, you could go into Process and remove the wire connecting the z^-1 (the one fed by C Val) to the Ramp macro; but you're absolutely right, doing that does sound awful, so don't do it unless as a proof of concept. :)

5. X the Unknown

My apologies!!!! You are correct... the problem was that I didn't set the MIDI note module to 'Legato', so I was getting multiple triggering. This now gives the classic analog envelope behavior. Thanks so much for your replies.