Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Kymeia, Mar 2, 2018.
That's right clicking on the instrument, not snapshots, open up the snapshots and select those.
I see what you mean now. My mistake. Looks like things were already labeled as effects so it was probably placed in the wrong 'user content' folder and that's why it didn't show up in my Komplete Kontrol user bank, even though I did use 'rescan'. I'm using the NKS modified version of the ensemble.
Yeah that one is already setup for NKS so should import as long as you have setup a custom path to where you want your NKS Reaktor ens kept.
Got it working. It's making more sense to me now. This is an effect so previews are irrelevant but can user Reaktor Instrument ensembles have previews? Going to look for other NKS ensembles after as well.
Thank you for being patient and helpful.
OK got the image working too
Maybe I can create one for LIé in NI resources. Just create a folder named Lié and convert an image to MST and it should work as long as I place it in \Users\Shared\NI Resources\image\ ?
Also for some reason the thumbnails for Armor and Bass Enchanter work but not Travelizer. I'm getting the default Reaktor thumbnail.
EDIT: Rescaned again and it's showing up.
Hey I'm having trouble with adding the whole bank of EVE-01 as an instrument. I can right click on individual Snapshots but not the Bank.
Also have you checked out Ingrid Ensemble? It's pretty good.
Also Modena isn't showing up for em for some reason:
Not tried any of those, maybe the snaps need assigning to 'Instrument'?
OK I get asked this a lot - I can't post the Boscomac ensembles as they are not mine to post. However I can tell people how to convert them - it's not difficult - they don't have lots of params to map.
1) First you need to prepare the ensemble in Reaktor so open it in Reaktor
2) Set snapshot master in the function tab to the instrument that contains the embedded snapshots if this is not done (eg it's not in Lamellae)
3) Also check the Bankname is set to the ensemble name (for some user lib ensembles it's just "New" but the Boscomac dev tends to name his ensembles properly)
4) In the embedded snapshot tab select all snaps, right click and set meta info to 'Instrument' or "effect" as appropriate
5) In the 'Connect' tab select each knob you want to automate and ensure automation ID numbers are in the order you want KK to control and are not set too high - in many user lib ensembles these are all over the place and often need compressing or even adding from scratch or have non descriptive names.
6) Save the ensemble then move it to wherever you want KK to scan it in (I setup a dedicated folder just for converted ensembles). Add the path to KK user lib locations.
7) Next you need to add a thumbnail - so create a screenshot and save as MST_plugin.png with the size of no more than 90 pixels in height and place this in /Users/Shared/NI Resources/image/reaktor/ens name
8) Now scan the user library location for your converted ensembles
9) The final step is to map params in KK - this is where you may have to do some further editing to the ensemble in the connect tab such as adding custom param names for any params that don't have a proper name (it's easier to do this once scanned in and loaded in KK because you can see edits update in realtime in mapped knobs eg
Don't forget to resave the ens after doing this in Reaktor.
As you can see snapshots are automatically scanned into KK. The downside is what it doesn't do is use any mapping you create for each preset so it takes time to do this by hand - each preset needs mapping or just don't bother and create one to serve as a template (this is what I do usually tbh). At least Boscomac ens don't have lots though. If you do save out presets they get saved in a different folder to where the ensemble is (I think this is what confuses a lot of people) - they go automatically into a folder in the user library under the ensemble name eg /Users/you/Documents/Native Instruments/User Content/Reaktor/LAMELLAE/Balafon Bass.nrkt so you also need to rescan the user folder once you have saved what needs saving.
I still can't seem to get this to work that way in Maschine