1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

REAKTOR RIDDLES

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by herw, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Get well, herw!

2. Matt Berry

Matt Berry New Member

3. Thala

Thala NI Product Owner

please pick a official lfo bipolar block and have a look at the output.
    last time i checked it, it was -0,5 / +0,5 which feels absolutly odd ...

4. Thala

Thala NI Product Owner

back @ home:

Attached Files:

5. herw

herw NI Product Owner

... but not the end of the world ;)

6. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

He is back. How do you feel, herw?

7. herw

herw NI Product Owner

thanks for asking. I am in ambulant rehab now for three weeks.
    I had to change one of my two hip TEPs. The op was very hard (five hours). Now i am restoring my muscles.

I am a member of a new band (of old men ;) ). So i am planning projects with logic pro and komplete ultimate.
    I hope to be back in REAKTOR Riddles in summer (writing from Italy :)) and i hope to feel well finally. And i want to be back with my project modular x again after terrible two years.
    I am interested to look into project MS 20.
    My non published concept of modular x has a completely new approach. Would be nice if NI would publish shared tables finally (reading and writing and sharing in core and primary), but no one knows. :(

8. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Herw, just uploaded all redrawn Front Panel Patching.
    What is TEP?

9. herw

herw NI Product Owner

TEP

10. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Also eigentlich der Oberschenkelhals mit Kugelkopf.
    ~ aih oiuh ~

11. Brett Lavallee

Brett Lavallee NI Product Owner

It's not a requirement to copy that approach, I think they just like the way that range works with A/B modulation. For example, if you have a knob set to 12 o'clock and apply A/B modulation to it, the LFO signal won't clip.

But it's a personal call, anything between -1..1 is fine.

Get well soon Herw, good luck with your new band.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  12. herw

herw NI Product Owner

greetings from Italy (Tuskany) :)

Toskana.jpg

starting again :)
    ciao herw

13. Oliver Dammann

Oliver Dammann New Member

ohhh ja, Sonne auf dem Bauch :)
    lass es Dir gut gehen!
    der norden hat grad wieder "shietwetter", DU verpasst hier nichts!

14. herw

herw NI Product Owner

9.4 Restarting after months or how to recognize a complex project

Perhaps (like me) after several months you have the time to restart your project again. So it is very important, to have a workbook to get back again. I have thought about the last ensemble and want to modify a little bit. Before i show you the ensemble it is a good idea to think about the signal flow again:

chapter_9_13.jpg

You see, that it is a traditional subtractive synthesizer with three signal controlled oscillators (SCO), a signal controlled filter (SCF), a signal controlled amplifier (SCA) and an effect section. The special thing is, that SCO 1 and SCO 2 can control the pitch of SCO 3.
    The three oscillators signals are mixed and changed by a filter SCF.
    Finally you get a MIDI-gate controlled SCA section with a simple ADSR-generator and following effect section with chorus, delay and reverb.

So the section SCO 3 is like this:

chapter_9_14.jpg

SCO 3 has five inputs of pitch control: a LFO, an ADSR, MIDI and SCO 1 and 2 for bell-effects.
    In opposite to our first diagram and ensemble i changed a little bit SCO 2 so that they are different in pitch controlling:

chapter_9_15.jpg

SCO 1 is controlled by a combination of LFO, ADSR and SCA. The ADSR-envelope generator controlls the output level of the LFO. So SCO 1 is controlled by an LFO signal and of course of the midi pitch.

SCO 2 is controlled by two independent signals of a LFO and an envelope and MIDI picth again simular SCO 3:

chapter_9_16.jpg

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  15. herw

herw NI Product Owner

The filter SCF gets a complex modulation section; i think you will understand after looking to SCO 1' and SCO 2's modulations:
    chapter_9_17.jpg

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  16. herw

herw NI Product Owner

Perhaps i should remember: this chapter is about learning write and read core arrays. I want to use the project goom to show the possibilities. I am just constructing the final version of goom; i want make some riddles with this ensemble; so i show you, what i am doing for preparing this:

chapter_9_18.jpg
    You see the several parts of structure diagrams in my last post. It's still a little bit chaotic but it will work :)
    Very helpful is that the core structures have the same basic elements:

chapter_9_19.jpg

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  17. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

herw, do you know what's about sowari? last seen in Dec 2016!

18. herw

herw NI Product Owner

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Thanks - I see he works in hardware (violin and modular)!

20. herw

herw NI Product Owner

sorry have some problems with integrating delay and reverb - get always nan :(