REAKTOR RIDDLES

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by herw, Nov 10, 2015.

1. herw

herw NI Product Owner

sorry have some problems with integrating delay and reverb - get always nan :(

2. Thala

Thala Member

nan?

3. herw

herw NI Product Owner

4. Thala

Thala Member

can`t find any problems on my side (tried it monophonic as well as poly), but i haven`t modded the CR like you:
    upload_2017-8-30_20-55-34.png

5. Thala

Thala Member

using the fdk delay as "Waveshaper" on pulse saw. its pretty rude :)
    http://webmshare.com/OymgQ

turn up the volume for some tesla coil sounds :)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  6. herw

herw NI Product Owner

The problem is not to use it normally as a macro in primary. My idea is to use it with OBC-connections.
    So maybe that there are problems when using the table of the core macro and the OBC-connections of goom and the feedback loop. I get a regular noise (several Hz) depending on the time of delay.
    Bild 1.jpg
    Bild 2.jpg

I should isolate the problem.

BTW: same problem with reverb

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  7. Thala

Thala Member

i can see only small pictures on my phone. did you put the effects into the one big core of goom? or do you use the effects in a extra coremacro so they will play monophonic?

8. herw

herw NI Product Owner

It is integrated into one core cell (the whole synth is monophonic) and arranged serially.
    There is the eventbus {b} for sending the panel elements values and the numbering of macros and outputs (addressing system).
    The audio signals are taken from and to an array via OBC.
    All is working fine, but not the last parts delay and reverb. So i think the reason is the feedback loop. I hear the noises although the audio signal is zero. So there is something wrong with the feedback time.
    Bild 3.jpg

Interesting is, that i hear normal sound and noise (only short ticks) parallel, but when i record it as an audio file i hear only the wished sound ?!???
    I have tested without OBC at the output of the delay but with direct connection: same. So the OBC is not the reason must be something wrong in the delay core audio.

9. Thala

Thala Member

but why should goom be only monophonic? since everything seems to be optimised in terms of performance and is in one core it should be easy to switch it to polyphonic?
    just add a voice combiner and put the effects into another core?

10. Thala

Thala Member

or is your end goal some sort of front panel patching which include modulations for the effects as well?
    i just dont understand why you want to limit it? you put so much afford already into it.

11. herw

herw NI Product Owner

my decision ;) it's the sense of this exercise: only one corecell

AND i get the same outside with original NI delay! So there is a bug?

Bild 4.jpg

12. herw

herw NI Product Owner

ahh - i think i found the mistake: delay and reverb are ok; there seems to be a mistake in my second SCO 2; will change it.

• Like Like x 1