1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Reaper and the missing dll files

Discussion in 'Computer Technology and Setup' started by R Al, Oct 2, 2019.

1. R Al

R Al New Member

Hey!

After installing some new programs I did a re-scan for VST´s in Reaper. After that Guitar Rig 5 and Output Substance disappeared and I can´t get it to work again. I simply can´t fint the dll files or a VST folder with Guitar Rig and Sub anywhere. The programs work on their own but not in Reaper. Any suggestions? Re-install Guitar Rig? if so, what happens to my own sounds that I´ve made?

Cheers!
    /Richard

2. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Start Native Access and follow the path where your vsti are installed.

3. R Al

R Al New Member

Thanx. Just did and I find the folders but no dll files. Will I lose the settings and sounds if I re-install Guitar Rig?

4. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Before you re-install in the same path take a backup of your settings?

5. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

I know this is a late response but honestly: re-installing won't fix this. In fact: re-installing is heavily overhyped (in general) because... if you de-install a program it usually leaves all its settings in place. And usually (not always) it's those settings which are causing you issues. So guess what would happen if you re-install after which your software will continue using the settings which are already in place?