1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Receiver cutting out.

Discussion in 'General DJ Forum' started by DjKilla, Dec 18, 2011.

1. DjKilla

DjKilla Forum Member

hey guys,

So i have a pretty ghetto setup at home, but it gets the job done, most of the time. sometimes if im playing it loud it will cutout and other times it wont, if it cuts out it will keep doing it. but some nights it wont cut out at all. I've unplugged everything and plugged it back in and sometimes it seems to fix the problem, but not always. Im thinking it may because i have wires crossed and its giving me problems with my receiver but im not sure.

Im using an s4 with RCA main output directly into the receiver.

any ideas?

2. crucial d

crucial d NI Product Owner

are you playing your tunes loud?

also, it's helpful to list the actual equipment you're using.

that way, we, like, will know what you're talking about

3. DjKilla

DjKilla Forum Member

yeah playing them loud but like i said before it only happens sometimes, i could unplug everything and replug it in then it could be solved.

The receiver is a technics SA-gx550.

4. brian8064

brian8064 Forum Member

My guess is either your receiver is bad or you're pushing it too hard resulting in it shutting down to avoid damage.

5. DjKilla

DjKilla Forum Member

I can understand this if it did it all the time, but i can play it super loud sometimes and it wont cut out for 2hours straight of playing at that loud volume, yet sometimes at half the volume it would cut out after 10seconds

6. barg

barg Forum Member

When you say cut out, do you mean;
    1. Receiver totally shuts off power included
    2. Sound cuts off but receiver stays on

7. DjKilla

DjKilla Forum Member

the limiter warning comes on, it stays powered just cuts the sound until i turn off and back on.