1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Record MIDI only on selected sound/pad?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by astronaut, Dec 26, 2012.

1. astronaut

astronaut Forum Member

hi

can Maschine record MIDI input only on a selected pad?

Right now I've got all the sounds/pads in the Group set to midi ch. 3 and set to KEYboard mode. I play my Axiom25 controller on ch.3 but Maschine records the notes on all of the 16 sounds/pads so basically I have 16 duplicates of the same thing.

2. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

use Sounds To MIDI Channels not Sounds To Notes.

please read your manual about these features ;)

sowari

3. astronaut

astronaut Forum Member

Actually that's they way I have it setup, i.e. Group Midi batch settings = Sounds to Midi channels, all 16 pads/sounds set to input on channel 3 and midi out on ch. 3.

If there were a way to have only the selected pad/sound midi in enabled....