1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Recording Vinyl to MP3

Discussion in 'General DJ Forum' started by clarityllc, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clarityllc

clarityllc Forum Member

I am a convert to the wonderful world of Traktor and MP3's.

Trouble is, same as everyone, I have a rather large collection of fantastic vinyl. I would like to record this vinyl to my Dell Laptop (using the microphone jack as an audio line in I presume) and rip to MP3 (for use with Traktor)

There is a lot of software, free and to buy out there. Can I get some suggestions on which software gets the best results. Obviously I'm shooting for minimal loss of sound.

Thanks.

2. pfused

pfused NI Product Owner

sound forge

Sony's (formerly sonic foundry) Sound forge will do a nice job if you know what you are doing. It's not free but well worth the money. There are a few free apps out there that will do a nice job as well but i don't mind paying for a quality app. just my opinion......anyone else wanna add their 2 cents?

3. 2nice

2nice NI Product Owner

lp recorder its shareware and it can be found on hitsquad.com

4. 2nice

2nice NI Product Owner

lp recorder converts it to wave you would then need an good mp3 encoder

5. beta247

beta247 NI Product Owner

soundforge is great..i've been using it for quite some time, one of my most used apps for sure.

6. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.