1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

reduced number of Presets in Maschine 2 Factory Library?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by The Sarge, Jul 7, 2018.

1. The Sarge

The Sarge NI Product Owner

Hi
    due to having problems that the MASSIVE-Sounds of some Expansions didn´t show up in MASSIVE himself, I reinstalled MASCHINE and MASSIVE

and than I wondered again (beside that some Expansions still don´t show up) :
    the over 250 Massive-Sounds inside Maschine2-Factory-Library are reduced to 62!
    can someone confirm?
    if so, was it told from Native Instruments?

the most confusing is, that f.e. the 220v.nmsv isn´t there as file since update/reinstall but the preview is :eek:

in an old backup. I´ve got those preset, so I "simply" can copy them back, but I´m interested if this happens to someone else or got ideas/workarounds whatever ;)

and the last thing: if MASSIVE-sounds are reduced, are other sounds/samples/projekcts/kits also reduced (and by the way: WHY? ) ?

wishing you all a nice & warm weekend,
    regards,
    The Sarge!

2. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

I do not think that NI has anything to do with this.
    I have 662 instruments in the Massive lib.

If you have been moving with directories yourself, you have to do a re-scan of the new directories so that the Maschine software can find everything again.

René

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. The Sarge

René must be Unique
    thanks, but everything has been installed totally from scratch at the beginnig of the year
    due to various circumstances, I´ve only recently time to start again with Maschine - so there´re no added Sounds from 3rd-Party (allthough I own a lot bought from ADSR etc.) just everything from KOMPLETE11Ultimate, Cubase and Maschine incl. over 40 Expansions
    so it should work fine, didnt it?
    662? holy sh!t - as written above: ~262 Sounds in my Massive-backup (from the Maschine-Lib, not expansions not Massive itself)

yes, I´ve pressed nearly 20 times in the last 24 hours the button "rebuild DB" plus the automatic moving-circle from Massive every around 20 Minutes (which I hate a lot in the Standalone-version)

4. René must be Unique

Then I think there is a misunderstanding going on.
    You're talking about sounds, but you probably mean instruments.
    If I select Massive / maschine2.5 lib in the left screen , it is correct that there are 62 results in the right screen.

René

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Sarge

missunderstanding due to NI with all the very similar names for different things - so I prefer Presets
    and as on your screen, you also only have 62, but before an update (cant remeber wich Maschine-Update) there where 262, really as I can see in a backup and also (as you can verify) in the Preview-Tool: there´s for example the Preset "220v" (a nice one) and now it´s gone in the Maschine2Factory for Massive o_O and that (beside my other problem with Massive with Maschine) makes me angry, cause NI steals over 200 Presets without telling us...

edit:
    the misunderstandig explained:
    the foldername is Massive Sounds but includes Presets for the VSTi Massive and not Sounds in the meaning of Maschine-Sounds...thank you NI for everytime confusing us (watch a tutorial from dvd-lernkurs "Komplete Kontrol Hardware" no "Komplete Kontrol Software" all the time necessary to name this long term...arghhh)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  6. René must be Unique

Then there is probably something wrong with the update. When I view in the directory i see 64 files (see jpg), but the Maschine (hardware) only shows 62 of them in its browser. I believe you immediately when you say that in the past there were 262 presets, only I can not check that for you, because I do not have a backup. Maybe NI can put that back in an interim patch.

René

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. René must be Unique

Because I was interested, I went to research. I have 1547 presets back in massive. (see jpg). After the update you have to rescan all the plug-ins and library directories one by one in the preference.

Hope it helps you too.

René

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Sarge

okay, I´ll try later (Formula1 with your great Max is calling ;) )

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. René must be Unique

Sorry but I do not know Max.

René

10. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

Verstappen