1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Registration Problem After My Mac Crashed ...

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by pbanken, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbanken

pbanken Forum Member

Hi!
    I do have a serious problem that is giving me the creeps ... Yesterday my Mac crashed erasing all my data from the harddisk, including all my Reaktor files. Today I tried to re-install Reaktor using my Version 3 CD and the various updates from the internet but Reaktor 4 won't accept the final authorization code sent to me after my initial registration. I checked the hardware I.D. and it differs in just a few digits. Adding to this dilemma, Reaktor 4 did not spit out any problems when used under OS 9. My last OSX version was installed and registered under Jaguar and my harddrive was divided in two partitions. My current OSX is Jaguar with only one partition. What can I do? The OS9 version is working properly, but under Jaguar it tells me that the registration process is incomplete ... Help! I'm grateful for any advice you can give me!
    Cheers, Patrick

2. gmstudio99

gmstudio99 Forum Member

Sorry, I can't help you with that.

But what in heaven's name would cause a Mac to crash that would result in a totally wiped out hard drive? Scary.

3. linpaws

linpaws NI Product Owner

4. '

' NI Product Owner

I don't like partitions when it comes to seperate operating systems! I run OS9 and X on two different disks. It just got too messy otherwise.

mark
    www.darklogik.org

5. John Nowak

John Nowak Account Suspended

With modern formats ike HFS+ and UFS, there's really no reason to be partitioning your HD anymore. It doesn't save space like it used to. No more fixed number of blocks. I keep OS X and OS 9 on the same partition, and its flawless.

6. linpaws

linpaws NI Product Owner

The OSX partition just generates a different system ID which has to be registered via the registration form.

That's all.

You can do this online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.