1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Reinstalled OS - Komplete installed on separate disk

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by laserbeak, Feb 18, 2019.

1. laserbeak

laserbeak NI Product Owner

Do I have to perform a complete reinstall of Komplete since I've reinstalled my OS, or is there a way to get around that?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. hlf

hlf NI Product Owner

If you haven't formatted/partitioned the disk you may have the original libraries but not sure about the applications as they might need to be re-registered in native access... Think the best is re-install them it shouldn't be too long. Though if you can see the libraries you might be able to set the path by relocating these in native access...

3. laserbeak

yeah I will have to reinstall the applications but not sure if just remapping the paths will be good enough, though I have done that.Will give installing the apps a try and see how NA reacts.

4. hlf

hlf NI Product Owner

Apps shouldn't be a big hustle, you lose a lot time with re-downloading libraries so would be worth to try relocating them...

5. laserbeak

exactly. Installed A few plugins, Guitar Rig, Maschine and Komplete Kontrol. Fingers crossed

6. laserbeak

heh...been scanning UVI Workstation for 20 minutes..

7. laserbeak

Nope....

upload_2019-2-18_17-40-19.png

8. laserbeak

So, after installing 75% of everything, I noticed that if I hover over the install button (in just the right place) a button pops up that allows me to locate an installation and BAM!!! No need to do anymore downloads! :)

-edit-
    only seems to work with some....