[RELEASE] 3rd Party NKS Preset Libraries for Komplete \ Maschine

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL S-SERIES' started by JesterMgee, Jan 16, 2017.

1. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Active Member

Now Available
    [​IMG]
    Information & Download Page

The great people at TAL Software were kind enough to donate a copy of U-NO-LX to process into NKS due to a number of user requests. It was great to help out and also great of the developers to jump in too.

This browser pack contains 500+ presets for the TAL-U-NO-LX VST synth that have been wrapped to NKS compatible files for browsing from Komplete Kontrol/Maschine software.

Presets are tagged for quick browsing of sounds within Komplete Kontrol and all available controls are mapped and labelled for quick and easy control.

A free version can be downloaded to test which includes the small library of factory presets. Donors will receive an additional 7 libraries of presets.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Futuretunes

Futuretunes Member

3. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Active Member

Please note for Blind users I have now changed the email confirmations for the downloads. There is now a "direct download" link contained in the email confirmation that saves users having to navigate the website to find the download. You need to login to the website first though but there is also a convenient login link in the email now too.

Please let me know if this is more useful or if there are any other changes that could be made.

4. cooloutman

cooloutman New Member

Thanks again for making these. The Korg Legacy works great. There are some other plugins I have collecting dust that could use an NKS translation. It's usually the ones bought on a whim during the holiday sales. Any chance of doing Synthmaster Player, UVI Digital Synsations, or Sampletank Libraries like Sonik Synth?

5. T71

T71 New Member

Any chance an ImpOSCar2 template is in the works?

6. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Active Member

I don't own any of these instruments but would be happy to do them for free in exchange if you wanted to buy me a license. I have sent an inquiry to Synthmaster to see if they may provide me a copy to process. Will see if they are one of the generous ones.

Again, don't own this one but have asked the developers if they can help me out so see what happens.

7. cooloutman

cooloutman New Member

Gotcha. PM sent.

8. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Active Member

New Version Available (Free Update): 1.3
    [​IMG]
    Old Forum Page | Information & Download Page

This is an update to the Sylenth preset browser for Komplete Kontrol/Maschine which includes additional factory presets included with the latest v3.0 version of Sylenth plus some additional 3rd party preset banks. This will update your Komplete Kontrol browsers with another 1400 presets from the previous version. Updated artwork is also included to update images to the newer v3 look of Sylenth.

All existing users who have donated and registered can download this update for free by logging in and going to My Downloads then to Donor Downloads at the top of the page (need to be logged in to see this).

Please ensure you add "admin[at]freelancesoundlabs[dot]com" to your safe sender list (or check your junk/spam folder) especially if you need to do a password reset.

9. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Active Member

Coming Soon:
    [​IMG]

I get inquiries often if I am able to create NKS for certain VSTs and if I do not own the VST I put out a call to the developers to see if they may be able to assist with a copy I can use to process into NKS (many do not return my emails). I was asked a few times if I planned to do Lethal which I did not own but the people at Lethal Audio were nice enough to help out so I have just started the task of processing this one for NKS. It will take a few weeks to get it completed since there are a lot of presets to process in all library's but this will be available soon.

[​IMG]
    This is one I have wanted in Komplete Kontrol for years. I have owned Z3ta+ 2 for many years but it has some issues when trying to create mappings within a host. For some reason when I map controls then switch to a new preset the controls do not update to the new preset until they are touched by the mouse. This means when you flick through presets the control values are wrong for the preset and touching any control on the S keyboard will ruin the sound.

I finally managed to program a crude hack to update the controls for each preset which basically makes the mouse click every control before it saves to send the values to KK. It's a pain and adds 35 seconds to every preset I need to process but FINALLY should allow me to use Z3ta+2 in my library and will be available for download at some time soon (as long as I don't discover another issue).

Let me know if there are any others you would like to see. Can't ever promise anything but can always try.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Active Member

Lethal Audio Now Available
    [​IMG]

The good fellows at Lethal Audio were kind enough to help me out with a donation of Lethal as I have had a few inquiries from users about this one. This is really great of the developers and not having used Lethal it was quite a good synth to get into. Very much a rompler for EDM and Electronic synth sounds it was easy to map and process into NKS and quite a lot of fun to play with.

This browser pack contains all Core presets plus all 12 expansions released up to July 2017 from Lethal Audio. 3376 presets can be browsed and loaded from the Komplete Kontrol browser and Maschine software. To use any expansion presets you must have the associated expansion for Lethal installed. Database and library image art is also included along with easy to follow instructions.

11. prakashsi

prakashsi Forum Member

How about Roland Cloud? Excellent synths on there - would really be amazing to have nks on those.

12. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Active Member

Certainly not something I own (or rent in this case).

It could be possible to do something but of course I would have to get a few months access to the service to process it, depends on the demand from users.

13. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Active Member

Omnisphere 3rd Party Library's
    [​IMG]

Just a quick update for Omnisphere users. If you have 3rd party library's from Audiority, Plugin Guru, plughugger etc. and would like to browse these in Omnisphere then visit the above link to see a collection of available librarys.

If you have any librarys for Omnisphere (or any of the VSTs I have done NKS processing for) and would like to have these NKS ready, just contact me and I can see what we can do.

If there are other suggestions, throw them up here.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Active Member

KK 1.9 \ MK2 Compatibility
    All current NKS packs will function in the same way (tested) with the latest 1.9 KK software and should work in the same way with MK2 hardware.

What will not work is the sound previews as this appears to be another Proprietary NI only feature and does not even appear as an option in the User library browser. If this is ever changed or made possible for user library presets (please request this feature) then I will look at implementing it.

Future Development
    There is not any future development planned on my end to release compatibility for any new instruments I get nor will there be any updates to the library's I already have until I see some useful improvements to the software. I have seen many great suggestions by users over the last 2 years and have not seen a single suggestion implemented. I have been patiently waiting for even just a hint of improvement for users but have seen nothing at all which is very disappointing given the company is primarily software development.

Please keep the pressure on to develop better user software. The product could be great, hardware wise it's brilliant, but there are so many limitations and problems with how the current KK software works for an actual user it's just not able to deliver all of what it promises yet. I would like to see as a minimum:

- The OSD browser fixed so long tag lists can actually be scrolled (was suppose to be fixed already)
    - Resizable GUI window
    - The ability for users to create Banks in user library
    - Better tools to save presets
    - Batch method to change controller mappings for an instrument
    - Ability for users to access lightguide settings and design their own
    - Possibility to generate a preview file automatically

If demand for something is high I will do my best to create new VST packs but until I can get some better tools to help with the process it's just too time consuming and i'm just not feeling inspired with the lack of progression I am seeing with the product. Hopefully the new MKII will spur on the development more.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  15. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Active Member

Why have the "Thumbs Up" ratings disappeared for this thread all of a sudden?

• Like Like x 2
  16. thusis

thusis Forum Member

It still works

17. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Active Member

Yeah they just don't appear in the main forum...

18. alec.tron

alec.tron Forum Member

Well said and I hear you.
    Fingers crossed NI sees the value of this and will tackle this soon!
    c.

19. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Active Member

NKS Library for Omnisphere v2.0 [Updated]

[​IMG]
    Old Forum Page | Information & Download Page

I am happy to announce a large update to the Omnisphere NKS browser.

Version 2.0 improves the tagging especially for users with 3rd party NKS librarys and consolidates a lot of similar tag names while also removing some almost empty tag sub categories. Many tags were cleaned up and improved and some additional tagging has also been done.

The really great new feature though is the introduction of library BANKS!

[​IMG]

It is now possible to select a library within both Komplete Kontrol and Maschine to browse including 3rd party library's. This replaces the [Library] tag that was being used and offers a greatly improved experience. All other NKS preset packs will be updated in the same way to add the Bank feature soon.

Sound Previews are still not possible until NI implement the feature in the user library.

This update is free for all donor users and can be downloaded from logging into your account and going to My Downloads.
    Feel free to buy me a beer if you like but no obligation:

[​IMG]

If you have donated for any 3rd party library's these have also been updated with much improved tagging and banks and you should have received an email by now with your new library's. Let me know if you have not.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Awesome