[RELEASE] 3rd Party NKS Preset Packs for Komplete \ Maschine

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL S-SERIES' started by JesterMgee, Jan 16, 2017.

1. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Active Member

KK Forum Splash.png

http://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.php/downloads/komplete-kontrol-vst-packs

Freelance SoundLabs has released a few "NKS Preset Browser Packs" over the last few years for the Komplete Kontrol keyboards and this thread will now centralise support and release announcements to save maintaining a number of different threads.

What Is This?
    Komplete Kontrol \ Maschine hardware offers users a convenient way to browse, load and start tweaking the Komplete selection of VST instruments and a small handful of 3rd party "NKS Ready" instruments. Unfortunately there are many VSTs that will probably never be NKS compatible or will be a Looooong way off.

Through the use of scripts, patience and time I am working through my personal collection of VST instruments as well as searching out developers and snapping up reasonably priced instruments to process these as NKS ready instruments to allow full preset browsing and tweaking from the hardware.

Compatibility
    • Komplete Kontrol software v1.5+
    • Also works in Maschine Software (cannot support questions on this though)
    • Supports VST Only (KK does not load AU plugins)
    • Works on PC/MAC
    • Supports 32/64 Bit installations
    • You must own the actual VST, these are only preset files.
    Free vs Donor Versions
    A free download is offered that allows you to test the preset pack before you donate for the full version. These contain a handful of presets and include artwork/database files to test if the solution will work for you.

Users will receive the full pack when they make a donation using the donate buttons on the download page or in the instructional PDF.

Please remember to Register on our website using the same email or name you used to make the donation (or send us an email) then allow up to 24 hours for your download confirmation to be sent. Contact us after 48 hours if you do not hear from us.

Things to Note
    The KK software has some limitations in what us mere mortal users can do when we save presets:
    • We have no access to the light guide to set keyswitches etc (Grrrrr)
    • Controller mappings for an instrument are stored in each individual preset file. This makes it almost impossible to easily change a controller map for an instrument.
    • Presets will appear in the separate "User Library" not the Factory library. You need to switch the KK software between User/Factory to browse the preset packs.
    I do spend a lot of time (days/weeks) building controller maps to make it as intuitive as possible and controller maps are aimed at studio work with many pages and as many controls mapped as possible. Things are grouped and labelled as best as possible and so far suit almost every user.

Issues \ Support
    We have hundreds of users that are happily using the preset browser packs. If you are having issues getting it working it is normally an easy fix so just post a simple message here and I (or other users) will help get you up and running.

If it does not work for you please check the following
    By far the most common issue is the fact the instrument plugin is not installed as a VST or the VST.dll file is not loaded by KK (either due to an older version of KK being used or the VST.DLL file is not located in the location KK loads plugins from).
    • Do you have Komplete Kontrol 1.5 or later installed?
    • Can you load the instrument manually in Komplete Kontrol: Menu > Plugins
    PluginMenu.png
    This is the most common problem and not related to the preset pack. You must see a plugin within the plugin menu before a pack will work. If you do not see the plugin check the following:​
      • Is the VST version installed (you may have an AU version installed which is not loaded by KK)
      • Is both KK and the VST 32/64bits (the bit depth of both must match)
      • Is the VST.dll file located in the location KK is looking for plugins (check KK Preferences > Plugins > User)
      • Have you tried a Rescan of the plugins preferences
    upload_2017-3-25_9-13-59.png
    • Have you copied the Preset folder to the correct location? The preset files need to be copied to your KK User folder which you can easily see the path in Preferences > Library > User
    UserLibrary.png
    • Have you opened KK in Standalone mode and done a "Rescan". In the Preferences > Library > User you will see a Rescan button.
    • Are you looking in the USER library section of the KK software? The presets will be accessible from the user browser of the KK software, not the factory browser
    UserLibraryBrowser.png

Before Donating: A free version is supplied so you can be sure it will work for you. Donations are non refundable and help with maintaining website costs (and keeping the site ad free!) as well as investing in future instruments and I have tried to keep the cost as low as possible for donations which are based on the challenge/complexity/time to create the NKS files.

Please help support future development, don't distribute these around. If I do find these freely downloadable from the web I will simply stop work on any new releases and will not update the current packs. Issues reported by users or extra preset banks will be updated for free for all registered users.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  2. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Active Member

Current Plugins
    Here are the currently available plugin packs that you can download. Scroll down for ones being developed or in consideration.

[​IMG]
    Old Forum Page |
    Information & Download Page

[​IMG]
    Old Forum Page | Information & Download Page

[​IMG]
    Old Forum Page | Information & Download Page

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coming Soon:

These have been wrapped or are in the process of being wrapped and should be available at some stage soon.

Air Music Technology - Velvet 2
    Sonic Projects - OP-X PRO-II

Possibly on the Horizon:
    These are ones I do not currently own or have not yet scripted a method but are on my wish list. Your donations will help me to get these and wrap them.

I Own These But Haven't Scripted Yet:

Cakewalk - Z3ta +2*
    Air Music Technology - Transfuser 2

*Bluntly, Z3ta is a bitch! I love it but when you create controller mappings (in ANY software) and change a preset, the controls do not follow. This makes it impossible to script easily. I have contacted Cakewalk and they said they would look into it. Doubt that.

I Don't Own These But Am Very Interested:

AudioRealism - Abl3
    Cableguys - Curve 2

Also available for Ableton Push
    I am also an Ableton Push user and actually created some of these for the Push platform before Komplete Kontrol so if you are also a Push user you can purchase these for Push also. Still in the process of updating some of the Push ones as I mainly use the KK for browsing sounds now but will eventually get around to it. Send me an email if you have an interest in some and I will see what I can do.

http://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.php/downloads/vst-push-browser

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Active Member

FAQ
    Please read through this FAQ section brfore emailing me with support assistance. In most cases, any issues you have will be because the plugin or Komplete Kontrol are not setup correctly and nothing to do with the files I offer.

Before Donating Download & Test the Free Version
    A free version is offered for all plugins so you can download and test how it will work before making a donation. Though the donation amount is small, it cannot be refunded if things are not working for you. Remember, PayPal takes a slice of every transaction too.

It says these work with Maschine software too?
    The Maschine browser works with NKS files in the same way as the KK software so yes these will also offer the same browsing and compatibility for Maschine users. I am not a Maschine user so I cannot assist with issues specific to the Maschine software but there are plenty of Maschine users that have it working and are happy to assist. Please download the Free version and test the installation and operation if you are unsure.

How do I install these?
    There are install instructions within the zip download for PC/MAC. It simply involves copying the preset files to your "User Library" location and the artwork files to the "Database" location which is explained within the instructions. The locations may differ slightly for Maschine users so please research the locations first.

I followed the instructions "perfectly" but it's not working
    You have missed a step somewhere. Trust me, it works otherwise I would have hundreds of users pestering me. Common things to check are:
    • Did you install the files to the correct path? Did you double check this?
    • Did you make sure you have v1.5 or later of Komplete Kontrol installed?
    • Did you make sure you have the VST version of the plugin installed?
    • Did you make sure the VST is scanned and recognised by Komplete Kontrol software?
    • Did you launch the Komplete Kontrol software in Standalone Mode and allow it to scan?
    • If it did not scan did you confirm the user path in the Preferences and try a manual scan?
    • Is your VST up to date? I always use the latest version and some preset information could change.
    Check the top of the thread for detailed troubleshooting (with pictures)

Failing all that you can get in contact with me but try and include some useful information such as your versions of plugins/KK software, Operating System etc. Simply saying "I installed this and followed instructions but nothing is working" is not useful to me.

I have donated for the full version but did not receive it?
    You need to make sure you create an account on the Freelance SoundLabs website using the same name or email used to send the paypal donations. Once your donation is received and I check my emails I then look for your account and enable your download.

This is all done manually so takes some time (typically within 24hrs). If you create an account using different details than your paypal account I won't be able to match it so if this is the case please send me an email stating your user account.

If you do not receive any email from me within 48hrs please contact me.

Can you change the parameter mappings to how I would like?
    Anything is possible but given the extra hours it would take me I doubt you would want to pay me for the time. If you are still very keen then contact me.

I have additional presets for a VST, can I also browse these too?
    Only factory presets can be included but it may be possible for me to script these for you at an additional cost. Please PM me to find out.

I have a VST that I would love to browse, could you do this?
    Let me know what the VST is and I will have a look. I can only script instruments I personally own but I have contacted some VST developers asking for assistance to make these compatible with Komplete Kontrol and some are open to sending a NFR copy for doing this so anything is worth asking. Optionally if you are keen to purchase me a copy of the software and it's possible to be scripted I will give you the presets back for free in exchange.

I have a fully working cracked version of a VST I can send you?
    Please do not even think of it. I don't need to explain this further.

I paid for a preset pack but it does not work for me, can I get a refund or a different pack?
    Sorry, like most software there are no refunds. Free versions are available so you can make sure it will work before donating. Please make sure it works for you and contact me if you have issues before purchase.

Why do I have to pay for these, can't you give these away for free.
    You don't need to pay. Anyone can create these themselves if you have decades of programming and automation knowledge as well as music and production experience. The cost is small considering the amount of work not to mention the hosting costs and time I have to spend managing these threads and answering support questions.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Active Member

[​IMG]

Air Music Technology - Velvet 2?
    So it is possible to wrap this up as NKS but as I discovered there are some issues with how it handles a rotary encoder for switches. Basically any control in Velvet that is a switch will not function from an encoder. When you twist the encoder it does not change the switch position (or move the value in KK. It's basically stuck. This seems to be due to the fact they are encoders sending INC/DEC messages rather than absolute values. A physical potentiometer will work so this is a Velvet thing (also happens the same within the Akai Advanced software too.

So I can create this mapping but switches will not work.

Please let me know of popular instruments if you find a good sale. Always looking.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  5. terrybritton

terrybritton Active Member

My Akai MPK249 allows changing the encoder from continuous to inc/dec -- double check your edit window on the Advance to see if it allows that choice. Good to know, though - thanks!

I will definitely be sending you several more donations! :)

Terry

6. backbeat2

backbeat2 NI Product Owner

Vengeance Avanger is dope!

7. yuma

yuma Member

Backbeat2 is right, a really great synth.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Active Member

Requires elok dongle :(

Ive dodged around ever having to get a dongle as most have moved to the online ilok system. Looks quite impressive but I imagine a pain to setup a mapping template due to the fact its "modular" and appears to have a lot of business under the hood.

If they ever move it to electronic license i'd add it to my interest list but i'm dodging around license dongles because they are simply a pain and I need another thing in a USB port like I need a kick in the face.

9. yuma

yuma Member

Hi Jester, no avenger is working without dongle too. Only ILok Licence Manager.

10. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Active Member

Well that's good to know. They need to update their website info then because I only use software that does NOT require a dongle these days.

11. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Active Member

So I have completed the Korg Legacy Collection and will soon have this available after I check all the library's

I also received my copy of keyscape this week and apart from having some awesome sounding keyboards I had no idea it also had a massive library of "creative" patches just for Omnisphere.

So I will be working on both a keyscape library and Omnisphere Creative library as well as the Bob moog library. This will take a while though but very excited to start exploring.

• Like Like x 1
  12. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Active Member

[​IMG]

Now Available: Air Music Technology Vacuum Pro has now been completely converted to Komplete Kontrol browsing and studio tweaking.

[​IMG]

All factory presets have been wrapped to .NKFS and contain tagging information and mappings for all controls in both layers.
    Click on the info link to learn more and get your copy. A free version is available to test and donors will receive the full version including ALL presets.

• Like Like x 1
  13. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Active Member

[​IMG]

Now Available: Korg Legacy Collection Preset Browsing Pack.

This pack contains ALL factory presets plus additional downloadable library banks from Korg, wrapped and mapped in Komplete Kontrol for all 6 VST instruments. The donor version contains 6000 presets:

- LegacyCell = 321 Presets
    - M1 = 3464 Presets
    - MonoPoly = 839 Presets
    - MS-20 = 257 Presets
    - PolySix = 219 Presets
    - Wavestation = 900 Presets

This pack is complete with artwork for each instrument, full controller mapping, tagging and database files to nicely update your User Library. Designed for Komplete Kontrol but should also work for Maschine too.

[​IMG]

This pack was a real pain to create as it was difficult to script a method to save the presets but I managed to crack a way that now allows the use of these fantastic instruments directly from the KK Keyboard or Maschine controllers.

Visit the download page for full details.

14. terrybritton

terrybritton Active Member

Vacuum Pro and Korg Legacy Collection for Komplete Kontrol:
    No-brainer --- bought both. Thanks for your excellent work!

Terry

15. TheAndroid

TheAndroid NI Product Owner

Hey @JesterMgee, looks like a fantastic work on the Korg Legacy Collection ! Any plan on adding the MDE-X effects ?
    Anyway I just bought it, I guess we'll be in touch by direct emails. Cheers :)

16. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Active Member

Effects aren't supported by KK so cannot do anything there

17. TheAndroid

TheAndroid NI Product Owner

Oh ok, I hadn't thought about this, I'm using Maschine, not KK.

18. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

That's crazy, NI Kore easily batch imports them all from KLC, third party ones too. Why is this so hard for NI to implement for bog standard fxb format preset banks?

19. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Active Member

No idea, I just work around it.

20. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Active Member

Users who have the Korg Legacy Collection may notice a few duplicate preset entries. This is because the 3rd party banks sometimes contain multiple pages but the user who created the banks simply copied a factory bank and used only the first page of the bank file so the subsequent pages were automatically ripped and created duplicates of the already existing factory presets.

I will be culling these duplicate files and updating the download soon but feel free to do this yourself if you like.

Let me know anything else you find, good or bad.

• Like Like x 1