1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

[RELEASE] 3rd Party VST NKS Preset Libraries for Komplete \ Maschine

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by JesterMgee, Jan 16, 2017.

1. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

I have been getting a lot of requests over the last 12 months asking if it is possible for me to wrap 3rd party preset packs for Omnisphere and while I have worked with a couple of users to do this and though it is certainly possible the issue is simply the time it takes for me to run these things through scripts.

The big challenge is the method I have been using to tag is half manual. I have to first enter the names of the tag categories in a list into the script (because there isn't a simple way to read these) then let the script go over a single category before manually progressing to the next. It's only about 1 minute to progress things but it is a manual intervention I have to make hundreds of times and for a single $10 donation for a pack of 1000 presets for a single user, i'm simply not that hard up for cash.

However

I have spent weeks (and many beers) running the whole process over and over in my mind and testing many hundreds of lines of new code to try and automate it completely and am in the final stages of updating my scripts to a completely new version. This was to also coincide with the new task of wrapping Keyscape to try and cut down the amount of hours I have to sit and wait for the next step of the script.

I now have a way to save a preset file and create the directory structure automatically instead of having to create folders by hand and I have now managed to use OCR software to read the tag information for presets, convert the results to KK tags and write these within the KK software. I need to run way more tests but I like what I see and it makes it almost 100% automated which will hopefully allow a preset pack to be completed overnight without any intervention.

I have designed it in such a way that it should be easy to adapt to any VST provided the font used is easily read by the OCR software.

How I wish there was an easier way but the challenges are kind of addictively fun for someone like me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. JesterMgee

Now Available
    The following NKS preset packs are now available. I am very happy to have Keyscape out of the way as it was one of the most painful plugins to do since it was almost completely manually done.

[​IMG]
    This browser pack contains 800 presets for the Bob Moog Tribute expansion for Omnisphere 2 that can be loaded and browsed directly using the Komplete Kontrol software. All presets have been "wrapped" into NKS files that contain the preset information, tagging information and mapped controls.

You need to own both Omnisphere and the Bob Moog Tribute library to use this pack.

[​IMG]
    This browser pack contains NKS preset files for ALL 400+ Keyscape keyboard presets including mapped controls specific to each model preset. This will allow full browsing of the Keyscape instrument from the keyboard along with access to all controls for each instrument directly from the keyboard.

For Omnisphere users you will also receive the Keyscape Creative preset browser. This contains all 1500+ presets in the Omnisphere Keyscape Creative library with 20 pages of mapped Omnisphere controls

All presets are fully tagged with up to 4 levels of tags for Omnisphere presets (Sound Type, Genre, Mood, Complexity) allowing advanced navigation of sounds from within Komplete Kontrol software. Also should work just as good for Maschine. Please read the ReadMe for full information.

[​IMG]
    This browser pack contains all 400 factory presets browse using the Komplete Kontrol or Maschine software.

All of these can be obtained from my site: freelancesoundlabs.com

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. yuma

yuma NI Product Owner

Great work, thanx so much for all.

4. JesterMgee

If anyone finds any issues with any of these such as:
    - Duplicate presets
    - Missing presets
    - Dodgy tags

and especially with keyscape
    - Mislabelled controls
    - non-functioning controls

Just let me know and I will get it fixed up. I have already addressed an issue with the Bob Moog library where there was a folder with duplications of the presets. A new version ready for download (v1.1) fixes this but if users downloaded v1.0 you will find a folder called "Full Version" which has a complete duplication of all presets which will cause doubles in your browser. Just delete that folder.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jan Schultink

Jan Schultink New Member

These NKS preset packs are great, thank you for this! I donated for Omnisphere, Keyscape, and Korg.

6. thusis

thusis NI Product Owner

Hi Jester,

Tal would be cool...Please check out this as well. It sounds amazing the OPx Pro-II and is not expensive.

http://www.sonicprojects.ch/obx/welcome.html

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Futuretunes

Futuretunes NI Product Owner

This is the exact same request i have. The OPX Pro-II isa absolute beast!

8. thusis

thusis NI Product Owner

We could share payment for Jester for the plugin and get then therfore the presets:)...What do you think? There is a demo avsilable to check if its easy to generate presets...

9. Futuretunes

I'm down with that! On condition that we act fast, because the plugin is on sale now until the 26th for only 84 euro's. After that it's 179 euro again and that's too much.

@jester, are you ok with our proposition?

10. Futuretunes

By the way. I'm going to ask Peter from SonicProjects if he is willing to donate the plugin. I can imagine having his plugin converted for Komplete Kontrol is good for his business too. :)

11. Futuretunes

@JesterMgee: I've just contacted Peter from SonicProjects and he is cool with donating the OPX-Pro II to you for conversion. If you're in, just contact him via info@sonicprojects.ch :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  12. JesterMgee

Thanks guys.

I will get in contact with him and see if I can get it sorted. Stay tuned.

• Like Like x 1
  13. JesterMgee

I've had a look at OPX-Pro II and for Mac users, there may be an issue:

Supported Mac Versions
    AU
    VST3

The PC version supports VST2 but KK wont work with the AU or VST3 versions supported on Mac.

According to their info page saved presets are interchangeable between VST2/3/AU versions so the NKS files should also be but KK only works with VST2 not 3 or AU which means KK cannot even load the plugin.

If someone is on Mac can you confirm if you can load this plugin via your File > Plugin menu?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Futuretunes

Mac user here and i'm so out of luck. VST3 only. I knew this but i'm a brand new KK user and did not know VST3 is not supported with KK

15. JesterMgee

I have tested and it looks like windows users will be able to use this no problem but Mac users will be out of luck unless the developer can release a VST2.

• Like Like x 1
  16. thusis

thusis NI Product Owner

I asked him if there are technical reason not to release a vst2 version for mac. He's a swiss guy too:)...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Futuretunes

I did too :)

18. thusis

thusis NI Product Owner

So he answered that today the sdk from steinberg doesnt support a vst2 Version. And i guess for him he has not mann y co-workers so for him it's too time consuming to maintain the plugin on 2 different sdk's for 1 os...So in neartime no support unless komplete kontrol will be vst3 ready, but then first ableton abd so on has to deliver...

19. Futuretunes

What is the reason that KK does not support AU?

20. thusis

thusis NI Product Owner

I guess midi routing capabilities which doesnt exist for AU...

• Informative Informative x 1