1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

[RELEASE] 3rd Party VST NKS Preset Libraries for Komplete \ Maschine

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by JesterMgee, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Pdexinthelab

Pdexinthelab New Member

Yeah I totally understand, unfortunately it was on a sale last week. But if it ever does come up again I will let you know.
    If you could point me in the direction, how I would be able to extract the precepts, it would be much appreciated.

2. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

Just load up whatever you want to save, then File > SaveAs. That's basically all that is needed to make a snapshot. You need to select an effect to save an FX NKS preset or an instrument to save an instrument NKS preset. one or the other, cannot save both together.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JesterMgee

Now Available: UVI Synth Anthology 3
    [​IMG]

The latest Synth Anthology 3 now has NKS compatibility.

This is a complete re-encode from scratch because UVI are so "brilliant" at making sure new libraries are in no way compatible with previous library releases and there is simply no way I have found to update the previous files to the newer UFS library release as all the UVI data is encrypted and cannot be read from the NKS file. UVI presets reference the actual UFS filename so when a new version comes out with a different name, the presets need to reference this new library even though everything else is the same.

This means whenever UVI release a new library that changes the USF name, it breaks everything including any DAW projects you use a UVI product in (regardless of using it in KK or not) so if you create a DAW project using Synth Anthology 2 instruments and you update to SA3, you cannot uninstall SA2 even though 100% of that content is in the SA3 update... it will not link the SA3 instruments to the SA2 used in your project... I personally dislike this approach as I have close to 70GB of wasted space for this reason alone or I have to spend days updating every saved preset and project to use the latest UFS version. But enough bitching about how tragic the UVI method of library management is...

This took weeks and countless hours to redo this entire collection from scratch. It was even required to recreate the template file again from scratch including setting all the "host automation" controls within Falcon again. I was able to figure out a rather complex way to extract all the previous tagging I did by hand for SA2 by using an SQL export to save the tag data for each file to a text file then run a process to lookup every file for SA3 and apply the same tagging so that saved me a few weeks of work luckily and I was then able to simply work through the new SA3 presets and tag these by hand so all 3500+ files are fully tagged.

Library supports both Falcon and Workstation and all previews are included along with new artwork.

Note that this library is NOT compatible with SA2 nor is the SA2 NKS library compatible with SA3. As there was a lot of complexity and fiddliness with this library, there may be some issues or omissions so just let me know if you find any issues and I will fix these up asap.

I would suggest to users who have SA2 to keep your UVI UFS library installed for your old projects but delete the Synth Anthology 2 NKS files and replace with the new library so you can switch to using the new library easily in Komplete/Maschine

You can find the new library here:
    https://freelancesoundlabs.com/nks/synthanthology3

• Like Like x 1
  4. JesterMgee

Trilian Update for 1.5
    [​IMG]
    Update for Trilian 1.5 release is now available.

This is a free update, just login to your account and download the latest from the My Download section

Adds additional 200 presets for both Trilian and Omnisphere Trilian library with a "Trilian 1.5" bank so you can check them out easily. Just delete the existing Trilian NKS folder and replace with this. No need to update the image/database files, just presets.

Update is free but donations are always accepted, link in signature.

• Like Like x 1
  5. joe_b

joe_b NI Product Owner

I just tried to install the free demo of the Korg Collection Pack, but it doesn't get picked up by KompletKontrol at all (read the instructions 3 times and verified everything's in the correct folder, triggered library scan,...). Plugins (when selected from "Instruments") are showing up and loading correctly, but do not show up in the browser. Not sure what's going on?

6. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

Are you looking in the user part of the browser?

7. JesterMgee

Yeah you need to be looking in the User Library. Look at the video link in the user guide to see how it should work.

8. JesterMgee

New NKS Library: UVI Drone
    [​IMG]

NKS Library for UVI Drone is now available for both Falcon and Workstation.

9. RobertSC

RobertSC New Member

10. JesterMgee

Could have been a hiccup with the mail side of things. I see a couple of registrations before and after yours. I have enabled your gmail account login so you should be able to login with that account

11. Francoise Labis

Francoise Labis New Member

12. CubaseThomas

CubaseThomas NI Product Owner

Hi Jason,
    Happy New Year.
    Just a quick question:
    Do you see a chance for updated versions of
    Arturia Analog Lab V (Part of V Collection 8, but free for owners of previous collections)
    Synthmaster Everything Bundle
    (with updated and new (included) expansions and new versions of the VSTs (Systhmaster 2.9.9 and Synthmaster One 1.4.2)?

I think nothing has changed at Korg - as they have not released any updates to solve this preset-name-issue?

Thanks
    Thomas

13. JesterMgee

Analog Lab is being redone at this very moment. Because they have completely changed how AL5 works with the presets, completely different controls and a different library manager not to mention then pluginID is also different it is required to recreate all presets again which is going to take a while but it's half done now. Personally I find the new AL5 a step backwards in functionality as now every preset has no effects at all loaded or mapped for anything but you can add an effect and control the mix from the NKS controls... but you need the mouse. The older AL4 had separate effects for each preset you could use so in terms of tweaking, it is a step backward tho the library is WAY improved and less confusing now.

Synthmaster is painful and confusing TBH as to what is updated where. I never use it but I know there are a couple of libraries for SM1 available, do not believe anything was released for the SM2 update tho. If you know of what is missing let me know, I would probably have to update my scripts as it was done years ago but updating that thing will be a low priority.

Korg I reverted back to the old korg plugins myself. The latest release they have, while it improves the GUI, are buggy and ****. I get crashes with Wavestation often and as you mentioned, the way they detect the preset name in some instruments isn't being pulled from the preset file, it pulls it from an internal list of preset names which does not match up with what you loaded so while the preset loads fine, the name is incorrectly displayed in the plugin. I reported this thru a while ago but I expect nothing to ever change, they have basically ruined these plugins to try and cash grab on the old collection again. The previous version works just fine and with NKS I don't need the GUI itself, I just want the classic sounds and have no faith they will improve these plugins.

14. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Arturia are addressing this themselves so you might want to hold off

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7994222

15. JesterMgee

Hopefully I can update the control template in the files without redoing them all or it will be weeks more to redo the whole library again. Oh the joys of making NKS sometimes. Will have to halt until I can test the update. May as well move onto the next one....

16. JesterMgee

Ok, so have had a deeper look and I can see what they are referring to in that post and how they will address it. Good thing is it does not actually change the preset structure as all the effects parameters are available in the parameter list already, just on the GUI front end you have to click the label under one of the controls to change it to display on the knob.

I can change the layouts to allow access to all controls for the effects so this shouldn't be an issue. Will setup a more detailed template that goes beyond the basic GUI layout and see what they do for an update and change it if needed but could take them months to release an update. Will have to see what happens.

The only "issue" is the same as AL4 and that is more of an OCD cosmetic issue, the control labels will differ between every preset and are auto-populated for the effects which isn't an issue, only the labels are heavily abbreviated in KK so they don't look nice and easy to understand but this is just a cosmetic and mild usability thing and was the same thing in AL4.

17. CubaseThomas

CubaseThomas NI Product Owner

Yes... it is very confusing!!! But the sound of the synths is great! :)

I think, you are right with SM2: there were no new expansions lately, but they updated their tagging to be NKS compatible with their latest 2.9.9. update.
    (I am missing the Japans Vintage Expansion in my account, so it's maybe not in the Everything Bundle, I contacted KV331 for clarification)

SM1 had some addition to the "Everything Bundle" in the past months. The released several new Expansions and new factory presets too.

Thank you for the updates!

18. JesterMgee

New Releases for January 2021

https://freelancesoundlabs.com/nks

UVI Toy Suite
    [​IMG]

Quite a large library covering the different instruments in this collection. Custom labelled controller maps for the different instrument groups and fully tagged library with sound previews, artwork and database files. Groups have been created for each category. Offers both Falcon and Workstation library versions.

Cherry Audio CA2600
    [​IMG]

Fully tagged library hich was a bit of fun to play with. Actually took quite a while to create a control template as there are so many things to tweak and ordering things was a challenge but should be easy enough to operate, all controls are labelled for ease of use. Includes all sound previews and artwork etc.

Arturia Analog Lab V
    [​IMG]

This was quite a massive task to update. Arturia have created a new PluginID for Analog Lab 5 and also completely overhauled the macro control section which makes it a little easier to use but on first glance, appears to lose many of the functions of AL4. However, the format is still the same and the controls are all there and available for tweaking, just not immediately obvious from the new GUI. Arturia are working on an update already to add some more controls to the GUI but that should not affect the mapping at all.

This is a completely overhauled release processed from scratch which is not compatible with Analog Lab 4 or earlier. Updated banks, updated tagging and new controller maps that cover both the single part presets and multi part presets offering different mappings for the 2 types of workflows.

Library contains all factory presets and free expansions available with bank details and highly detailed tagging converted from the Analog Lab library. The Pigments expansion library has also been updated. If I receive enough interest on other available expansions I may consider them but I personally am not an expansion junkie myself, I seldom purchase additional expansions and feel I have enough diversity in the 7500+ presets that come with AL5

Since I have been working on all 3 of these in parallel and have had to solve a number of challenging issues and do a lot of work on these there may be some issues so if you find anything or feel there needs to be improvements or whatever in a certain area, let me know (with details of what you find so I can investigate)

Click the images to find out more.