1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

[RELEASE] 3rd Party VST NKS Preset Libraries for Komplete \ Maschine

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by JesterMgee, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Sleepless Giant

Sleepless Giant New Member

Hi,

I don't know if this is the proper channel for this sort of question but I have an issue with the Omnisphere library.

Everything is working fine except the mappings do not appear in Komplete Kontrol. All i get is 1,2,3... etc which are not mapped to anything. Do you have any idea what could be causing the issue?

Thanks

2. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Well-Known Member

Are you using the Omnisphere NKS Library I developed?

https://freelancesoundlabs.com/nks/omnisphere

3. Sleepless Giant

Sleepless Giant New Member

Yes ! Sorry I did not make it very clear from my initial post. I purchased it on your website Freelance Soundlabs

4. JesterMgee

5. JesterMgee

Update: Arturia Analog Lab V
    [​IMG]

Analog Lab V has had some changes in regards to the new custom FX slots (FX A/B) and the macro mapping, seems many did not like the new way Arturia chose to do it and it was changed.

All NKS presets have been updated to reflect these new changes and a new controller map has been created that should reflect the actual GUI control a bit better.
    upload_2021-6-9_20-26-6.png
    upload_2021-6-9_20-26-55.png

Hopefully things all work and are usable. One thing to note is that control labels, I personally like them to all look "neat" and fit within the 8 character limit for MK1 keyboard users (like me) so I typically label all of these using the recommended abbreviated terms. However, Analog Lab uses macros for all the controls which change from preset to preset but the control info is loaded automatically into KK when you load a preset so the parameters show the actual value (not just MACRO 1...) but it is often heavily truncated. Users using accessibility will be fine but for the ones using visual feedback from displays it's not as nice as I would like but more a gripe than anything, works a treat.

Users can download this new version free but as always Donations are always appreciated

Just login to your account and download the latest from the User > My Downloads > Arturia menu

To update you simply need to delete the existing Arturia preset folder and replace with the new one, rescan your library and that should be it. No need to update/replace the database files. The NKS Library version in the properties box in Komplete Kontrol should display 2.5.8 if you have the latest.
    upload_2021-6-9_20-25-24.png

I have found sometimes if you replace the files with the same structure Komplete Kontrol will not always update or delete the old files and create new ones which shows as duplicates in the library. Bit of a pain but if this happens to fix, remove the Arturia library completely, scan to remove the files then add them back and scan again.

Any issues just let me know and I do have backups of past library releases if there is a preference to roll back to the older template.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Home Studio

Home Studio NI Product Owner

Thank U...

7. JesterMgee

Took some time out from developing NKS libraries for a while but have these 4 finished and am working through some UVI and more M-tron Pro expansions. Libraries have all the previews, full controller maps and detailed tagging done

Cherry Audio Memorymode
    [​IMG]

Cherry Audio PS-20
    [​IMG]

Sonivox Solina Redux
    [​IMG]

Sonivox Stratum
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

You got the new Falcon expansions done yet? Using Falcon more and more nowdays :)

9. JesterMgee

nope, I just purchased the latest ones and will get to them…. But they are a complete PITA to do because UVI think it’s brilliant to make every preset different and sometimes move the controls around. Every preset you have to remap each parameter and most cases it has to be done by hand so it’s hours of work that I never want to do…. Then they have to be tagged. I’ll do it, I just hate falcon for this.

10. StudioZone

StudioZone New Member

Hi,

Is there an NKS preset library for Omnisphere v2.7 and Korg Collection v3 (incl. all the new three synths miniKORG 700S, Prophecy and Triton Extreme) available somewhere or planned? There seems to be libraries for the older versions, but not yet for the latest ones.

Thanks,

11. JesterMgee

Omnisphere 2.7 is covered, there is nothing different in the 2.7 update as far as presets go, just some changes to make control names "better" but IMO it gets truncated anyway on most displays so looks $h1t hence manually labelling everything in NKS.

https://freelancesoundlabs.com/nks/omnisphere

I have Korg Collection coming, have already processed the new instruments, just working through tagging and should be available next month.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  12. pranaearth

pranaearth Active Member

YES! I can't wait!!

13. JesterMgee

Now Available
    [​IMG]

https://freelancesoundlabs.com/nks/korgcollection3

This NKS Library is an updated version of the Korg Legacy bundle to now include ALL 11 Korg Collection Instruments. This bundle contains all factory presets and additional Korg expansion banks for all Korg Collection 3 instruments to browse using the Komplete Kontrol or Maschine software and hardware controllers. The following instruments are all included:
    • Arp Odyssey
    • Legacy Cell
    • M1
    • miniKorg
    • MonoPoly
    • MS-20
    • Polysix
    • Prophecy
    • Triton
    • Triton Extreme
    • Wavestation
    Presets are fully tagged for quick browsing of sounds within Komplete Kontrol with controls mapped in a logical way. Artwork and database files are also provided for the NKS browser along with sound previews and detailed controller maps for all instruments.

For users who own the Korg Legacy collection there is an upgrade path, just login to see it but of course you can still decide to purchase at full price if you feel it's worth it.

Please note that I have not fully tested this on mac, but shouldn't be any issue there. I do have to also state that in my own usage of the latest Korg Collection instruments I have really not found them as stable as the older legacy versions, especially Wavestation which I have had crash a few times just switching presets and this is not specific to using NKS, it seems it is just crash happy. Also, there is still an issue where the wrong preset name is displayed in some plugins when you load a preset. The correct sound is loaded, just the wrong name is displayed and again, this is not an NKS issue as the same thing happens when I save presets out in Ableton live and reload. It appears to be related to using expansions and this causes the names to not be referenced correct since the presets seem to point to a "slot" in the instrument for the name, rather than reading the stored name in the preset like legacy plugins did. Have tried to explain this to Korg but they just don't seem to understand.

Any issues let me know as I have been plugging away on this for weeks and kind of have tunnel vision from tagging so many damn sounds, just also be aware that Triton and Triton Extreme use very inefficient ways of storing preset data and this causes the NKS library to take up 7GB for each instrument. So for the whole collection you need 15GB of space for the whole NKS library. Insane I know but each preset is 1.2MB of text and nothing I can do to reduce that.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JesterMgee

Now Available: Falcon Expansions
    [​IMG]

https://freelancesoundlabs.com/nks/falcon

The following Falcon expansions are now NKS compatible and will be added as new Banks in your Falcon NKS instrument:

• Hypnotic Dive
    • Inner Dimensions
    • Kinetics
    • Subculture Orchestral
    • Voklm
    Each expansion is basically a new instrument so has a custom template. Any experienced UVI user will know that UVI instruments require you to "Enable Host Automation" for every damn control and it's always been a big gripe of mine since sometimes when you change presets, all mappings are lost due to how they map things within the scripting of the instruments.

As with all the UVI instruments I monitor for this kind of issue and manually re-map the parameters and save this so when using NKS this is not an issue and another fine reason NKS is brilliant BUT this work is boooooring and I tend to watch some YouTube docos as I do this so you may find some presets load up and may not be controllable if I wasn't paying enough attention. If you do find them before I do, let me know and I'll fix them up.

15. Simchris

Simchris NI Product Owner

Thanks for continuing this project. Since i sold off most of my vintage gear in favor of software, all of your work has been priceless.

16. JesterMgee

Cheers, glad it is useful to so many and I do try and make each NKS library as usable and detailed as possible.

• Like Like x 1
  17. JesterMgee

SynthMaster 2.9.9 Issues
    I have been made aware there are a couple of small issues with the latest v2.9.9 of SynthMaster 2

The "Voice" parameter when adjusted will cause a crash
    "Buffer / Quality" parameters do not change the settings and instead display a strange character

These are issues introduced in the latest SM2 update (well the voice issue was also in 2.9.8) and I have contacted KV331 about these as I hardly use this synth myself so hopefully they are able to confirm this issue and update a fix as there is nothing I am able to do on this.

However I will be updating the template as it was created quite some time ago and honestly, voice/buffer/quality settings do not need to be on page 1 so will move these to the back pages and prioritise more useful parameters on page 1 such as the "Easy" controls.

I have also been asked about the values displayed for some parameters and this is data sent from the plugin which cannot be changed so whatever values are displayed is what the developer has set.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  18. JesterMgee

[​IMG]

Updated Controller Map for SynthMaster 2

An update for Synthmaster 2 for v2.9.9 is available. This has an updated controller mapping which now places the "Easy" macro controls on page 1 and removes the following controls which have a known issue at the moment when mapped to hardware (Global Voice, Buffer, Quality). It is really not needed to have these adjustable from the keyboard anyway but if KV331 get back to me about a fix I will look at adding them back if anyone really needs them.

There are now many more pages (30 pages) available but SynthMaster2 is rather complex and half-modular in some of the components so not all controls can be mapped. Priority pages have macros, filters, ADSR 1 at the front while more in-depth controls are available on the later pages.

You can download the updated library here:
    https://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.php/component/k2/item/339

To update all you need to do is replace the NKS Preset files you have installed, no need to copy/replace image/database files. After copying the files do a rescan of the NKS library to be sure the latest details are loaded into the database.

• Like Like x 1
  19. UrbanEric

UrbanEric NI Product Owner

Requesting Cherry Audio Mercury-4, but pretty sure its on your list already. :)

20. JesterMgee

Yep, it’s in the works