1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

[RELEASE] 3rd Party VST NKS Preset Libraries for Komplete \ Maschine

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by JesterMgee, Jan 16, 2017.

1. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Thanks Jester for doing these. I purchased several of those packs.

2. yuma

yuma NI Product Owner

Thänx Jester again, wonderful Update, you are the nks-hero. Hope NI sent you all you need to make a 3.0 Update with preview in maschine and KK.

3. thusis

thusis NI Product Owner

Amazing, thanks a lot. Looking forward for Keyscape, Tal-uno and Korg's.

4. LJRL

LJRL NI Product Owner

Thanks so much for this update. Fantastic!

You ROCK!!!

5. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

New V2.0 Updates:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am pleased to announce that the above library's have all been updated to v2.0.

Version 2.0 improves the tagging and consolidates a lot of similar tag names while also removing some almost empty tag sub categories. Many tags were cleaned up and improved and some additional tagging has also been done. I identified a number of problems with tags that were named "Piano" in one instrument and "Pianos" in another so this has all been cleaned up over different instruments.

All these instruments now have BANKS available to filter by which replaces the [Library] tag place holder:

[​IMG]

Keyscape Users
    An additional update was done to Keyscape. There are now 2 "Keyscape Factory" library's included after much request to have keyscape loadable in Omnisphere. The original keyscape factory library is still there and opens up presets within Keyscape with dedicated macro controls unique to each preset. A new Keyscape factory library is now also included to open these presets into Omnisphere but these will not have the dedicated macro controls, only the mappings included with the factory Omnisphere presets.

So basically if you wish to have the macro controls for a keyboard, load Keyscape but if you want to design sounds in Omnisphere, load that preset.

In the browser if you do not filter by plugin then you will notice keyscape presets are double listed (for both keyscape and Omnisphere. The presets for Omnisphere will have an exclamation mark on the end:

Keyscape_filelist.png

Sound Previews are still not possible until NI implement the feature in the user library.

This update is free for all donor users and can be downloaded from logging into your account and going to My Downloads.
    Feel free to buy me a beer if you like but no obligation:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. thusis

thusis NI Product Owner

Enjoy your beer mate:)...

7. yuma

yuma NI Product Owner

Thank jason again, once again, you are the nks-hero. Hope NI let you be part of developer-nks-knowledge, dont understand why they sent you not all you need to do your great work for the kk and maschine user much faster and with more comfort. Ammazing with your new feature.

8. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Do you know how I could make it so the second screen on the S2 is Blue like the Omnisphere plugin (in browser mode, it already goes Blue in plugin mode) - at the moment it's just black? Supported plugins change the color to something more appropriate.

9. JKG2

JKG2 NI Product Owner

Awesome thanks Jason!

10. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Thanks Jason!

11. JesterMgee

No idea partly because I do not have an MK2 and have no idea how that works with the screens. I would have assumed it used the same colour ID that is used for the main plugin header in the browser?

Unless there is a new ID for the screen colour I am not aware of but it could be an easy fix if I knew of any changes.

Any chance you can post some images of what you are talking about?

12. JesterMgee

Sub Banks not Browsable from OSD on MK1

I have discovered that the "Sub Banks" for instruments do not appear in the OSD browser using the MK1. I have looked into this and am positive this is a bug in the User library for the OSD.

I do not have an MK2 so am not sure if you can access the sub banks on there? You should be able to access the main Bank just fine.

I have PM'ed NI to see if this is an issue that can be resolved in the next update.

13. YannickBisson

YannickBisson NI Product Owner

If you have any luck getting your hand on G-Force, Mellotron (and the expansions) , please do the nks! I would be a buyer! :)

14. YannickBisson

PS: I've contacted them... let see if they are willing to jump in the wagon,

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

I could try, I suspect you are right about a new ID - so would that be in the dist database json file? If so the fix would be just to copy over the old colour

16. JesterMgee

The colour is set in the dist_database\[Vendor]\[Plugin]\color.json

There is just 1 setting in there (for MK1 at least) which sets the header colour in the browser.

Code:
    { "VB_bgcolor" : "000f00" }
    I would have assumed that would also be used for the browser on the keyboard too.

Keep in mind though that there may be some things that are not working. The release appears quite rushed and from what I have been reading a lot of small things were either overlooked, not tested or just pushed to the side to get the thing out to market so it may even be the case it just doesn't work for User library files (like browsing sub banks on the MK1 OSD doesn't work).

They really need a way to report bugs and issues and not the place where ideas go to die that is called the feature wishlist because nothing seems to make it out of there alive. I have some high expectations for the next KK software release.

17. YannickBisson

@JesterMgee I've got news from G-Force! Check your email ;-)

18. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

So I can't see any extra colour codes - however this is how Omnisphere looks in both plugin and browser views

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

compared to Absynth (and this is typical - most NI and official NKS plugins have a coloured background for both views although different in each case)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. JesterMgee

Right, so the artwork and colour display fine when browsing but after a patch is loaded it does not show the colour/art.

Would be interesting to know if Maschine MK3/Studio users have the same issue.

Do you have any other User NKS packs? Are they all the same?

I have not seen any changes to the specs for artwork and it should use the VB_Logo and VB_Artwork in that screen as far as I understand which it appears not to. I'd have to say this is another User Library software issue unless someone else has some ideas.

20. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Yes they appear to be - just showing a generic second screen. There must be some way to replicate what the official ones are doing though, it's all just code.