1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

[RELEASE] 3rd Party VST NKS Preset Libraries for Komplete \ Maschine

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by JesterMgee, Jan 16, 2017.

1. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

There will be BUT it may be overlooked by NI for the user library OR they specifically do not want to make the User library more appealing to users because they want vendors to sign up to the NKS.

Just like the preview feature. There is absolutely no technical reason I can see why this is not available in the User library. I even have a way (not using Maschine) to generate sample files using a script and convert to OGG if I wanted but the feature is completely omitted from the User library.

I am flat out with study, work and updating what I have already as well as partnering with some vendors to assist them in this complicated NKS mess just to get things rolling faster than the moss covered stone that's been sitting idle for 3 years but I still haven't received replies from NI for weeks about some questions.

I'd love to help more but the display of colours I would consider a nice thing, but low priority. I'm interested in mainly getting sounds into KK, using the Lightguide in User library so I can start processing EZDrummer, SD3, and the preview feature so I can look at the possibility of creating this for user files.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JesterMgee

Sound Previews Coming Soon...
    I have been testing sound previews for my NKS library's and some good news, these function in the User library just fine even though there is no volume slider for the previews, they work and you can adjust the playback volume by going into the Factory browser and adjusting.

I have processed Omnisphere preview files and it works amazingly so am working on testing other instruments now.

Updates will be rolled out in the near future when I can figure out the logistics of the extra size required, update the documentation etc. These will be rolled out as V3.0 library's which means some instruments will skip over V2 updates directly to V3.

Users that 3rd party library's that I have completed, I am not sure if these will be processed just yet. The extra time it takes to create these previews I am not sure if I can spend that much time for the 3rd party library's but we will see how things go, the focus for me is to update firstly all the instruments I personally want updated and finish testing with some other VSTs

• Like Like x 1
  3. MistaWil

MistaWil NI Product Owner

Does your Omni NKS work for Omnisphere 1?

4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Nope, Omni 2 patches are not gonna work in Omni 1.

5. EvilDragon

.previews subfolder at the same level with .nksf files? :)

6. JesterMgee

Yep

7. EvilDragon

There we go. NI didn't abandon the mortals :)

8. JesterMgee

Yes. I think it works like that for testing since you can't actually test "officially" as a developer until it's all submitted and released by NI. I assumed (wrongly) that because there is no volume slider, the feature was not available in the user library.

9. EvilDragon

Actually, some libraries were already released with that method as well (Orange Tree Samples Evolution Rock Standard, for example) - just .previews folder, not officially inducted into NBPL.

10. JesterMgee

That's good to know, it shouldn't change or be removed for any reason.

11. EvilDragon

Very likely won't, because that's exactly how devs are testing and creating previews, as you said :)

12. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

The nice thing is this will work for KK1 users too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

13. EvilDragon

It's because previews are a purely software feature, not tied to hardware in any way.

14. yuma

yuma NI Product Owner

Hi Jester, thats phantastic news. That would be a big step for us kk user. You are really a great helper for us. Thanx so much. Best yuma

15. backbeat2

backbeat2 NI Product Owner

please Serum and Avenger NKS.

16. Cubilas

Cubilas New Member

Great work here! I recently bought your Korg Legacy pack, absolutely awesome! I would like to see a mapping for the MMPlus Kontakt library...! Would be really killer to have that mapped for the Mk2 series. Thanks again for your hard work at a great price

17. JesterMgee

New V2.1 NKS Releases
    I am very pleased to announce an update to all NKS libraries from FreelanceSoundlabs will be happening over the next few weeks. The following are now available:

- Omnisphere 2
    - Korg Legacy
    - Keyscape
    - Bob Moog for Omnisphere

This is quite a large update with a lot of new features and work invested but the result is a huge improvement in all areas so here is what is new with v2.1...

Library Banks

[​IMG]
    All instruments will now have the ability to select an individual library or expansion from the software/hardware (if it's needed). This makes it much easier to filter your sound search to a certain library within an instrument. This was rolled out to the first few instruments a month ago but has now been updated and tested over all instruments now I know it works on a larger scale.

Improved Tagging
    Old / New
    upload_2017-11-1_13-38-47.png
    Tags have been significantly cleaned up with many duplicate tags or tags such as "Synth" and "Synths" condensed. Over 150 garbage tags were removed across all libraries and a lot of work has now gone into synchronising tags over all instruments and 3rd party libraries. Some tags that were almost empty were removed or consolidated with other tags. This is most noticeable with many 3rd party libraries for Omnisphere which contained a huge mess of tags that you see above. Some additional work has gone into adding more tag data to some instruments too such as Korg Wavestation which did not have much tag data but has now been processed by hand to add tags to every preset. The Sound Browser helps speed this kind of thing up.

Updated Library Artwork
    [​IMG]
    I spent some time updating artwork for all plugins to make it fit in better with the factory style. This is of course optional if you have custom artwork or like the original artwork but if you have the previous v1.x and wish to update the artwork you will need to copy the files in the IMAGES folder and overwrite the existing images.

Sound Previews
    This is the biggest update and the one that required the most amount of work to achieve. Sound previews are now available for ALL presets for v2.1+ NKS libraries. This increases the download size and the installation size so keep this in mind.

You will have to delete your existing NKS library files and install this latest package. Installation is the same, nothing special. You need to keep in mind that any favourites you have marked will be overwritten.

I have tested the sound preview feature extensively and it works extremely well. All sound files generated are batch processed to 6 seconds or less to -3db and file sizes are small (in some cases smaller than the NKS file). There may be a few sound files not processed correctly or some missing. Just let me know if you find anything not quite right and I will get it fixed up.

NOTE: There is no volume control for the previews in User library so you need to switch to Factory library to adjust the preview sound.

New Download/Purchase System
    We now have a completely automated system for digital downloads. You no longer have to register an account, send a payment and twiddle your thumbs waiting for me to wake up and send you your download. You will now find payment buttons with a quick checkout, no account needed, and an instant download delivered to your email.

However, we do recommend creating an account if you want easy access to your downloads or updates at a later date. The system will create an account if you are not logged in using your PayPal email. If you have an account just login before purchase to have it saved to that account.

For existing registered users that have already purchased v1.x libraries you can upgrade to the new library for just $2.99 by logging in, going to Downloads > My Downloads then visiting the Donor Downloads section of your account. You will now see an "Upgrade" button that will add the update to your account. If you are not interested in any of the new features then you don't need to upgrade.

Installation Instructions
    I have created a quick video for installing the NKS library's for new users. Detailed instructions are also included.

If you find any issues just let me know. Enjoy.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  18. theking21

theking21 New Member

Nice job JesterMcgee, I didn't even know sound previews were capable in 3rd party libraries! Nice to see:)

19. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

The Omnisphere previews in particular are a huge improvement, given the sheer number of patches to browse it really speeds things up.

20. JesterMgee

Certainly does.

The sound preview, in my opinion, is probably one of the best developments they have made with the software. I use Komplete as a sound library for my instruments to find sounds quicker and it certainly helps to make things much quicker.

If you happen to notice any missing or corrupt sounds let me know. I should be able to do some updates every now and then on the sound library and deploy this without having to overwrite the presets. hopefully there will not be any more preset updates so we can keep things like favourites which are deleted every time you update the whole package.

I'm thinking a "favourites" export utility would be handy to have...