1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

[RELEASE] 3rd Party VST NKS Preset Libraries for Komplete \ Maschine

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by JesterMgee, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Well favourites is a poorly thought through feature, in Kore it used to be independent of the patches so this sort of thing didn't happen. Then again in Kore it was also a more useful ratings system than a simplistic binary option.

2. thusis

thusis NI Product Owner

Thanks works flawlessly...Great improvement.

3. Futuretunes

Futuretunes NI Product Owner

I like the rework of your NKS parches. Just a few remarks:

Omnisphere
    Scrolling thru the 'types', 'Sub types', and 'Modes' has a huge lag/latency. I recon it's because of the amount of entries, but any chance to make that more snappy?

Trillian/Keyscape
    Prehear files of trillian are pitched too low which make them practically unusable right now. Why not one octave higher and pitch them to C-3 instead of A-2?
    The same counts for the prehear files for Keyscape. They're not unusable, but would be better if pitched to C-3 instead of E-2

4. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

Thanks for the feedback.

Is that in software, hardware, Maschine, Komplete, all of the above?

Shouldn't be because of the number of files. I have never had issues before and haven't noticed anything. I have over 100,000 NKS files in my user library and don't see any issues with scrolling. I do run off SSD though and there could be some slight lag introduced with sound previews but I haven't noticed any difference personally from the older version I was using and the newer one nor have I had anything reported as yet. What type of HDD do you have? Is it an SSD or a 5400/7200 drive? It may be slow on a 5400 drive such as a laptop drive.

Trilian is pitched lower as are all bass instruments and testing on my end they sound as I expect to hear them. All libraries are sampled out at C3, some are using chord files that cover a range of notes and bass categories are sampled out at A2 which sounds about right to me. I did initially do bass instruments at the C3 mark but they sounded way too high and some cases not at all like a bass instrument.

What is your monitoring setup? If you can't really hear these sounds you would not be hearing much in the bass end of anything then i'd guess.

Keyscape sounds fine to me? Can you offer up an example of something that doesn't sound right?
    It uses the exact same files to generate the previews as all the other NKS instruments and it's set to C3. Some categories may be using a chord file instead of a single C3 note.

I can easily regenerate the preview files but it is a long process and then updating things is also a tedious process and of course I don't want to do it if it's not really needed. If anyone else finds issues with how it sounds I can certainly take another look but I did a lot of testing on the library's and it sounded pretty good for the most part on my end so i just need to be sure it's not something isolated to your end.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  5. Futuretunes

I don't think my monitoring setup is the problem. I'm using two Adam A77x in a well treated room.

Well if every other bass plugin's prehear is sampled at a lower pitch than C-3 than it must be me (or the plugin).. it's just that with too many of the prehear files i can hear every single cycle a waveform than to me it does not represent how the bass sounds would sound in a track, because i would never play the bass that low on my keyboard (except for just e few notes maybe), but if no one else has the same issue as me, than i just work with what i got.

For the latency part scrolling thru the types, subtypes and modus, it's quite bad... i use a high end setup with NVME SSD (samsung 960 pro) and everything else is snappy. I uploaded a recording so you can see how it behaves

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/b67810a336897de6d1328123c0f0238820171103200808/31d7c3

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  6. JesterMgee

Yeah what i'm seeing from your end is not right at all. This is what it looks like on my end with a fully populated user library, i'm on PC with SSD drives:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/57dqclydeaod2pr/IMG_4639.MOV?dl=0

There will be a slight delay if you scroll slow when switching from 1 category to another as it populates the list, but that is normal and happens in the factory too. Should not be seeing a slow update like that...

However I notice an issue though in your video. Your Omnisphere is showing the latest artwork (so you have the latest version downloaded) but your Omnisphere library shows only 812 presets and you also have a [Library] tag that has been removed in the latest 2.1 release version in favor of banks (unless you have some old 3rd party libraries too which I have also updated). I think you may have some mixed files.

I would suggest you completely delete the Omnisphere library and download the latest version. Just login to your account and visit the Omnisphere page and the payment button for "full version" should show $0 and allow you to download again. I assume you are the user with the "futuretunes" email.

Next, also make sure you are running the very latest Maschine software.

7. Futuretunes

Hmm.. ok i am lost..

I did found i had the EDM folder of the previous release still in the root of my 'User Content'
    Removed that, deleted the omnisphere factory presets and replaced that with the presets from your latest update.
    Now i have in my omisphere folder the Factory folder (7497 results) and the Keyscape Folder (1722 results). Where are these 23 presets coming from?
    Still no luch with the delay when scrolling btw.. keyscape bank is scrolling just fine

8. JesterMgee

No idea what you mean there. If you are saying there are 23 more than what Spectrasonics say there could be a duplicate somewhere. The method I use to create NKS isn't 100% bulletproof and I have even found Spectrasonics estimates on their presets are a little off too.

The only thing I can suggest then, because it seems isolated to your setup (have not had any other reports and I have asked a few users to test before release) would be to rename your User folder to something like User-BAK then create new empty user library folder in its place. Do a user library scan to clear out the library, copy ONLY the Omnisphere library you are having issues with (recommend copying straight out of the zip file) then load up and see if things are still running poorly. If it's good, then copy your other libraries in 1 by 1 and do a scan after each one and retest.

Seems it is having issues reading something

9. JesterMgee

All NKS Libraries Updated to v2.1
    All the NKS libraries I have are now updated to v2.1 which includes the sound preview feature, library banks, better tagging and new artwork.

Check page 1 of the thread for full details.

Existing registered users can login to their accounts and go to Downloads > My Downloads then to your "Donor Download" section. You will now notice a "Library Upgrade" button to get your latest download. All registered users will receive an email soon with the news.

New users just need to visit the product page and follow the bouncing ball.

Users that have 3rd Party Omnisphere libraries I am currently updating the sound previews for these too. I do have records of who has what but I have no automatic method to send updates for these because of the sheer number of files so I will do my best to send you updates but feel free to send me an email and apologies if I miss you, I do get a lot of emails in my 12 email accounts :rolleyes:

I now own both Komplete/Maschine so have been testing on both platforms and can help troubleshoot Maschine issues now too though I have honestly not even used the Maschine ye for anything other than testing.

• Like Like x 2
  10. yuma

yuma NI Product Owner

Thänk you Jason, its really wonderful to have now the previews and the bank with subbanks in every instrument. Wonderful.

11. Futuretunes

This worked!! Did exactly as you suggested and now it works! I have to say that still Omnisphere is the least snappiest of all libraries when scrolling thru '(sub)types', but the serious bad delay you could see in my video is history! Thanks! :)

12. JonnieCache

JonnieCache NI Product Owner

It is my absolute pleasure to purchase the valuable upgrade to 2.1. You do excellent work, Jason!

I'm not sure if this is something to be concerned about. After purchasing the upgrade, if I go back into my download area, it still shows the button to purchase the upgrade as though it doesn't know that I purchased it already. I was still able to download all the upgrades immediately after purchase, but it doesn't look like the library itself is getting updated to recognize that I purchased the upgrades to 2.1.

13. JesterMgee

The button will still show but it should say $0 if you hover over it. Same if you go on the actual info page for that instrument, the button there should also show $0 and allow you to download again if you are logged in. Your account says you have updated all of them.
    upload_2017-11-4_23-3-21.png

Let me know if that is not the case.

14. JonnieCache

Thanks, JesterMgee. You are correct in that it shows $0 for each pack. But, I think there may still be a couple of issues. On the donor downloads page, it still shows 2.0. I was thrown by that because I thought it would say 2.1.

[​IMG]

Also, on the actual download page (Omnisphere --> Download --> Download), the actual donor download link appears to download the older version of the NKS pack (112MB as opposed to 2.1, which is 1.5GB).

Maybe just a bug on the site not updating the version of the pack that is owned after the upgrade?

15. JesterMgee

No it's all as it is.

I installed a completely new cart system but of course I had an old system I used for 2 years. It was going to be way too hard to try and move everything over to a new system so I decided to do a massive update over everything and just "freeze" the previous system while layering the new one.... Basically that is the original 1.x or 2.0 downloads you will see in your download section. The "upgrade" button simply ties you in with the new system.

Once you have the updated version you no longer need to go to "my downloads" you can just look for the info page, login, then that same button will also show $0. It's what happens when you put in a simple solution and never get around to updating things for 2 years.

16. JonnieCache

I get it now. Thanks for the clarification! And I totally get it about not wanting to scrap everything you have put in already. :) Can't wait to check out the new packs!

17. hi-d-ho-man

hi-d-ho-man NI Product Owner

This is what im getting

Donor.jpg then this
    paypal.jpg

18. JesterMgee

19. pranaearth

pranaearth NI Product Owner

I just have to say Jester, I absolutly love the work you are doing. I just got the upgraded Legacy Collection and the sound previews are genius. I rely heavily on my legacy collecion in my production work, and your NKS work has given it a new lease on life. Thanks again! As soon as I get Omnisphere, I'll be getting your NKS fiiles for it!

20. yuma

yuma NI Product Owner

I agree , phantastic work and so much fun to play now with maschine, kk and jesters nks.