[RELEASE] 3rd Party VST NKS Preset Libraries for Komplete \ Maschine

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by JesterMgee, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Futuretunes

Futuretunes NI Product Owner

Whoop!! Looking forward to this one

2. Futuretunes

You’re So right! They mailed me this today:

Migrating Analogville to NKS is planned but not yet scheduled. It's a quite long work so I really can't promise you anything
    (I don't think it would be released before a couple of month, so maybe worth to wait if you really want them on NKS only)

About PolyM : yes, this one is planned too, just after we release the Syn'X NKS version (still tested by Native Instruments)
    There again, I can't promise when it will be available (I hope at the beginning of next year)

Sorry for not being more precise. We have a lot of opened project, more than we can handle for the moment!

• Like Like x 1
  3. TimoM

TimoM New Member

+1
    Great work Jester. Many many thanks!

4. TimoM

TimoM New Member

Looking forward to the Synthmaster Presets too. "Vorschusslorbeeren"

5. pranaearth

pranaearth NI Product Owner

Since Hybrid 3 is on sale for a dollar, I also picked up Jesters NKS pack for Hybrid 3
    Well worth every dollar!
    Just one question Jester, I also picked up 5 expansion packs(all for a dollar each) and was wondering if I'd be able to add those into what you've already developed, or would I have to make a separate section just for the patches.
    Keep up the great work, seriously

6. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

I'll be adding all expansions into the mix soon. I've snapped up all the expansions on offer, some are already available in the download.

7. JesterMgee

So it's going to be a busy Xmas break. I have had a few of these on the todo list and have been taking advantage of some of the current sales, testing demos and playing around. This is just a glimpse of what should hopefully come but no guarantee. Some are being processed right now, some I haven't even looked at from a scripting perspective but have yet to find something I cannot work around with:
    • Sonic Projects - OP-X PRO-II
    • Synthmaster One
    • Synthmaster 2
    • Vengeance Avenger VST
    • RealGuitar 5
    • RealGuitar LPC 4
    • RealGuitar Strat 4
    • Xfer Serum
    • Air Music DB-33
    • Air Music Mini Grand
    • Air Music Strike
    • Air Music Structure
    • Air Music Vacuum (Pro version is available already, this is for the base version)
    • Air Music Boom (the lack of lightguide ability for user patches will make this a little disappointing )
    • TAL Bassline
    • Additional Hybrid Libraries
    • Additional Omnisphere 3rd Party Libraries
    • Additional velocity options for Keyscape (to suit S88 keyboards)
    In regards to Vengeance, this is a beast to process because of the modular aspect and the fact it is really designed for sound design using the mouse but I should be able to create an intuitive map for the "level 1" controls. The other thing is the expansions are quite expensive ($100 au) so initially it will just be the factory library but if demand for an expansion is there I will consider looking into it.

Again, please note there is no ETA on any of this and no guarantee all of the above will be processed, only it's now in the queue to do. I am just finishing my studies for the year and will have some time to do some stuff now so if you want to keep up to date easily consider following my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/freelancesoundlabs/

• Like Like x 1
  8. Futuretunes

Sonic Projects. Dope!!

9. JesterMgee

Yeah, earlier in this thread I address the reason why I put off doing that one because it only offered VST for PC and the dev will only offer AU for mac.

I did read something somewhere that Apple was apparently looking at adding MIDI routing to a new version of AU which could allow the AU standard to be used in KK but for now sadly it can't be used by Mac users.

10. Futuretunes

Well, if you decide to convert it anyway, im going to buy it from you since i'm not in love with Apple anymore and going to make the switch to windows soon.

11. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Hoping the Luftrum Omnisphere patches are not too far off :)

12. JesterMgee

Should be some time this week (possibly today).

• Like Like x 2
  13. Coonor

Coonor NI Product Owner

OHHH Yesss I wait :)

14. JesterMgee

15. Mr. Meoff

Mr. Meoff NI Product Owner

JesterMgee These NKS Preset Packs are great! Bought 3 sets.

16. JesterMgee

Thanks. There is a lot more coming soon...

17. JesterMgee

We have some updates, new products and more in the pipeline...

NKS Updates: V2.1.1

NKS packages are now running at v2.1.1 as of December 11 2017. If you want to know the versions you are running, check the downloaded ZIP file for the readme which shows the version.

ALL NKS libraries have been updated with new tagging, some new artwork and database files and new sound preview files. It is RECOMMENDED to download and replace your existing libraries but it's up to you

All existing 2.1 users can access the latest updates for free. Just Login and go to My Downloads and you should see your previous downloads listed there. If something is not available, please let me know and I will look into it

Cleaner Tagging & More of it
    It's been an ongoing process to clean up tagging over multiple libraries to keep the browser clutter free and working smoothly. The issue has been when I create a new NKS library I sometimes program tagging incorrectly into scripts as I was doing it from memory. Now I use a specific method to tag files which should result in all tagging being uniform. Omnisphere has set the basis for much of the tagging (along with the official tagging method).

Additionally I have spent some time with the help of the new sound preview system to assign more tagging to instruments such as Korg Legacy Cell and Wavestation so more files are now tagged with more information. This is an ongoing process and individual libraries will be updated over time.

Just download and replace the files you have. Your favourites should still remain in tact as no paths have been changed.

Artwork for Loaded Plugin (Maschine / Komplete MK2 Screens)
    New database files now display both artwork and colouring on the LCD screens when you load a plug-in. Previously when you loaded a plug-in you would just see white text and a black background. You will now see the splash and a coloured background when loading a plugin and exiting the browser.

New Sound Previews
    New sound previews have been generated for many instruments:

Bass sounds now play an E1 note not C1 which sounds much better. Some cases it is an E2 due to E1 being a little too low but it should be better in instruments such as Trilian.

Acoustic guitars now play a "strum" sound in most instruments

Drum Kits should mostly now play 4 hits of the kit so you can hear hopefully a few different drums in a kit instead of just a single hit

Some missing sounds have been fixed but there may be some missing still (such as drum or percussion kits that only occupy a few keys in the range

Loom II Extra Library: Tapestry
    Loom users can now download the new NKS library and will receive a bonus 68 presets from forum member Kymeia who sent through a library which has been included with the Loom II release with his permission.

New NKS Releases
    3 new NKS libraries are now available:

[​IMG]
    Information & Download Page

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Synthmaster One was extremely difficult to script and due to the methods used may show some naming issues with some presets. Please let me know if you notice any major issues as I haven't had a huge amount of time to go through every preset file.

Tagging is only basic as I am in the process of developing a script to read the tagging info and convert this to NKS which will be updated when completed and available as a free download in the future but for now if you are SynthMaster One owner you can get this one and give your feedback.

I have a few more that will be available soon:
    - Air Music Structure
    - Air Music Strike
    - Air Music theRiser
    - SynthMaster 2
    - Serum
    - Avenger

I plan to get Air Music completely out of the way as I have been delaying on these for some time (because don't really use these a great deal). One thing to note is Strike really needs lightguide for the key switches but that needs to be built into the VST itself so it's just able to be browsed and controlled.

Let me know if you find any issues and I will work them into my task list.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Awesome thanks for this

19. terrybritton

terrybritton NI Product Owner

Happy Happy Customer here!!! :)

Thanks!

Terry

20. yuma

yuma NI Product Owner