Release - Overlays, Waveforms & Browser - v1.8 - Traktor S4 MK3 Screen Mod

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by Joe121, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

v1.5 released to Patreon members. Overlay improvements, stem waveforms and bug fixes.

2. Tekken

Tekken NI Product Owner

Wow! Haven't tested a lot until now but I really like this development.

Some more ideas:
    The loop and move encoders are touch sensitive on the S4 MK3. It would be really nice if a bigger overlay of the selected loop size appears as long as you are touching the loop encoders. (The S8 has this overlay as well).

I like that I can now see the title and artist simultaneously in the browser view. But in my opinion the artist column should be on the left and the title column on the right. And it looks like that it is not possible anymore to dissable the key in the browser view. I think in the v1.3 this was possible, correct?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tekken

Tekken NI Product Owner

Some more:
    - As long as the browser view is activated the S4 and laptop screens behave sluggish slow. -> is there a way to increase the performance?
    - A few bottom pixel lines of the S4 screens aren't visible because they are covered by the controller casing (at least at my S4) -> if all S4's has the same problem then we shouldn't use this bottom pixel lines.
    - While pressing shift in the browser view it would be good if the screens could switch from the actual track browser to a folder browser.

4. DJ Flex I

DJ Flex I NI Product Owner

Actually I like it to switch to the current track, so I can see the properties of the track currently playing.. But this could be optional.

5. Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh NI Product Owner

+1 on all three.

6. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

I will add the loop overlays from the S8 into the next update for you. I will also add a setting to switch the browser columns.

I will be doing some more work on the browser to make it perform better.

My S4 seems to have the right screen aligned properly and the left screen is cut off slightly at the bottom, I will add an option to make the browser footer slightly higher.

Sadly the folder info can’t be shown as far as I’m aware, the S8 browser was controlled differently as far as I’m aware. The browser has only ever been set up for that device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

This would cause more cpu load as switching would mean loading the view, essentially having an increase cpu load button. QT only caches what is on the screen so I could hide it behind the browser but this would increase cpu load and browser sluggishness even more.

The details of the current playing track are currently located at the bottom of the browser page.

8. DJ Flex I

DJ Flex I NI Product Owner

oh, I see.. yes, definitely another cpu increase is not good..

9. zyguli

zyguli New Member

I had exactly this issue. Make sure there is only one S4 MK3 mapping in the controller editor. Though inactive, additional mappings slow down both the software and hardware significantly when browser view is enabled.

Wow. My left screen is cut off as well. I though my unit was defective, but it could be that it is a general manufacturing problem.

10. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

I just mentioned to another user on Patreon about this, Traktor severely slows down with multiple mappings added for some reason. Might be worth checking only the one is added.

On a lighter note, maybe if they rehire a new hardware team they will be able to calibrate screens properly

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  11. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

I have just found a way to make the switching between the browser and deck views almost instantaneous!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ NI Product Owner

13. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

V1.6 released to Patreon users. Massive stability improvements and several browser improvements.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh NI Product Owner

v1.6 is working disgustingly great! :)

16. Tekken

Tekken NI Product Owner

Any news when the v1.7 will be released?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

I’m hoping to get a lot done over this weekend. Having just had freshers week here it’s been hectic (and tiring), now things have calmed down to 4 sets a week, I will have more time to develop.

You should hope to see a new update after the weekend :)

18. Dysfunk DJ

That would be good, it's gone quiet lately on the update front. A little communication here and there will be great.

19. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

Sorry mate, had a lot of personal issues recently. I will be releasing a new update next week!

20. Dysfunk DJ

No worries, hope your OK and what ever issues are there are resolved. Peace