Release - Overlays, Waveforms & Browser - v1.8 - Traktor S4 MK3 Screen Mod

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by Joe121, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

It’s already in the latest update, there’s a toggleable ‘beats’ box which is displayed between the time and loop box. The value of the bpm box and beats box have options to alternate the default display values :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. DJ Flex I

DJ Flex I NI Product Owner

Perfect :)

3. Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh NI Product Owner

joe: It would be nice to have the additional deck stats for the remix decks as well. The screens feel so naked and raw without them. ^^

4. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

I haven’t yet touched on remix or stem deck layouts yet purely because I don’t use them during sets. There isn’t much more left that can actually be added to the track deck screen apart from browser and moving waveforms due to the size of the screens, unless anybody has any ideas?

What sort of changes would you like to be added to the remix decks?

5. gillster11

gillster11 NI Product Owner

To be honest pal if you manage to pull off the browser on screens and moving waveforms your definitely done here mate and be wonderful what you have did

6. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

After several attempts to contact NI I have had no reply sadly so I will have to figure it out myself, it will take time but I won’t stop until it’s done as I want it for my needs as well haha

7. DJ Flex I

I hope NI take your mod and put it in the next update :) it makes the mk3 much better.

8. DJ Flex I

Btw the browse mod, need to show browse view of the current playlist on the screen, right? On the player that had the browse button clicked?

9. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

That is correct! Due to the S4 only outputting for all decks when viewing the browser view on screen, it will have to be the same on the controller (browser is displayed on both screens).

10. DJ Flex I

hopefully some workaround exists, but either way, it will be so useful. even if it's shown on both screens during the browse mode.
    I can't understand how NI didn't contact you yet, I mean.. they should pay you :) :) :) you made their product better

11. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

I just resent my original email, it’s been sent to the workplace team this time instead of customer services, might be getting somewhere if they reply :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. zyguli

zyguli New Member

That's beautiful! Thanks a lot!

Apart from moving waveform and browser I have only one more kind request - FX parameter/names. Values aren't needed to be shown, as the FX knobs indicate them. However, displaying FX names in group mode and parameters in single mode would allow to use and change FX without looking at the laptop screen.

As seen below (just the names): [​IMG]

Edit: oh, and it would be nice if one could change the font color in the track header. Options for black and white would be enough, as black font on a e.g. blue background is hard to see.

13. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

I only see this now! Please send me a private message with your preferred contact email address, then I will connect you to one of my Traktor colleagues :thumbsup:

14. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

Perfect, thank you so much! I will PM you my email address now.

15. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

Sadly due to the width of the screens it would be difficult to display even 4 different effects. I could possibly have it at an overlay that appears at the bottom of the screen when knobs are moved. I think the S8 does it the same as this but I’m not 100% as I haven’t used one.

16. Revan

Revan NI Product Owner

Looking forward to this release Joe.

17. DJM (Sagar)

DJM (Sagar) New Member

This is some great work! I was using the 0,5 mod for a while and just updated to 0.8.1. Excellent stuff! This should totally become an official thing. Those screens are so powerful and the original traktor display doesn't do it justice.

As for bugs, I have noticed I can't use this at the club- with my combination of Traktor 3.1.1, S4MK3 on 0.6.0 firmware and a Windows PC i7 8th Gen 8GB RAM. I get a lot of 'LOAD' spikes. These totally disappear once I revert to the original qml. So, I hope you can find something that may be causing that in your next updates.

Carry on the good work and thank you!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

18. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

Hmmm, interesting... I will take a look at some of the code to try and figure why this may be, obviously there is slightly more going on in the background but nothing that should be too CPU heavy.

19. GuyPsy

GuyPsy NI Product Owner

Keep on the excellent work! When you're releasing v0.9 for the public?

20. Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh NI Product Owner

Beta v0.8.1 combined with the latest Traktor update does not show the key on the screen. The key colour works fine though. I don't know if Beta v0.9 has corrected this already.