1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Release - S4 Screen Hack v3.2 - Fader Start, Logos, Waveforms, Browser and more! + NEW LITE MODE

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by Joe121, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Revan

Revan NI Product Owner

Didn't even know a new beta had been released , I'll give it a try tonight

2. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

Perfect, thank you! I will test fully on Sunday and will also release v0.8 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. DJ Flex I

DJ Flex I NI Product Owner

20% of the row width would be enough to collect [XX%] - the tempo range values. Title could go with ... if longer than N symbols. Usually, you don't need the full title, 10 symbols are enough, just to remind you what you loaded just a moment ago. The same with the artist. But range is really important, sometimes, you need to switch to 100% to make nice slowdown like a vinyl stop, but you control it fully :)
    Then we can map Shift+MASTER to change the values to 08/16/25/99

4. gillster11

gillster11 NI Product Owner

You mentioned new 3,2 beta how do you go about testing this beta pal

5. gillster11

gillster11 NI Product Owner

Found it and such a great update

6. Revan

Revan NI Product Owner

Just giving it a whirl now Joe, everything looks solid, Camelot keys are as they should be and there doesnt appear to be any glitches.

Just to be sure i reinstalled .7 afresh.

Looks great.

7. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

Perfect! Glad to hear it’s solid and no changes need to be made, enjoy! :D

8. Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ NI Product Owner

New instructions work a treat

9. garrettp

garrettp New Member

That's what I've been searching for. CAN I HAS IT PLEASE GOOD SIR?

10. Revan

Revan NI Product Owner

This is a custom layout for a private user, Joe put's a tonne of effort into the public releases and custom layout have to be paid for, so if you want to show the developer some love, why don't you pay a visit to Joe's patreon page. :thumbsup:

11. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

Thanks for the heads up! I will be releasing v0.8.1 to everyone today! I have noticed a problem with v0.8 (currently in early access on my patreon) where the stripe disappears when holding shift. The reason for this being that I’m currently trying to implement a ‘peek’ option to display the stripe for the other deck on that screen.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

V0.8.1 is now released!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

Nice to see a familiar looking feature added into the keyloock box in the new Traktor beta ;)

upload_2019-6-11_15-53-5.png

I can also confirm that the hack works perfectly with the new 3.2 beta!

• Like Like x 1
  14. DJ Flex I

Lol, these guys (NI) should learn from your screen :)
    Seems like they (NI) still don't understand what is important in real djing situations vs the demo clips on youtube, with prepared songs, having nothing to do with the real life in clubs.

15. zyguli

zyguli New Member

Joe121 - this is brilliant! I have recently bought S4 mk3 because of, amongst other things, the potential of your screen mod. Thank you very much for your work!

I was wondering is it possible to have "remaining time" replaced with "beats" and also to have "bpm offset" shown by default and "bpm" with shift?

16. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

Yes it can definitely be done, I will take a look at it later today, if I get it done I will push a new release. I will have to leave the bpm displaying by default but will add options in settings for the default to be changed.

17. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

Beta v0.9 has been released to early access users on my Patreon.

18. Joe121

Joe121 NI Product Owner

It’s been added to the new v0.9 update :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. DJ Flex I

Well, it should be configurable. To me, it's more valuable to see the current BPM, instead of other BPM info.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DJ Flex I

Isn't it possible to have on the third row the TempoRange, next to the loop info? or there won't be enough space?